Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1751 1752 [1753] 1754 1755 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485334 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26280 on: January 09, 2016, 07:51:38 am »

What if Timmy is the Lurker?
Oh, he is not; I am almost certain. Though I'd like to see them fight for the control over our universe. :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26281 on: January 09, 2016, 07:55:20 am »

I odn't know why, but every time I hear Timmy, I think of him looking like Rom, The Vacuous Spider.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26282 on: January 09, 2016, 07:55:29 am »

Though I'd like to see them fight for the control over our universe. :P
As in to buy us more time to escape this universe? Or as in so you can start a betting pool around it and air it on prime time television?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:57:18 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26283 on: January 09, 2016, 08:10:02 am »

Would anyone here be up for helping me test something? I've got some plans for a forum game, and am just doing a quick proof-of-concept RTD. I'm trying to get it done quite fast, in order to make a proper RTD if it works, or do more tests if tweaks are needed.

It's an arena stlye RTD, a bit like Intoxicated, but you use 5 items to make a champion, a weapon and a steed for them. However, you have to find the items on ebay, with a cash limit of $3000 total, though the figures will probably change.

Anyone interested in giving it a quick try? I just need one more tester, or would like one. Link here.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26284 on: January 09, 2016, 08:10:19 am »

As in to buy us more time to escape this universe? Or as in so you can start a betting pool around it and air it on prime time television?

As in, to weaken them both, and kick out from our lawn. But I like your variants too.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26285 on: January 09, 2016, 08:21:40 am »

I've moved in on NJW's game. My game.

As in, to weaken them both, and kick out from our lawn. But I like your variants too.

200DD on the Lurker.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26286 on: January 09, 2016, 12:40:33 pm »

I thikn, if you took someone with Origin tech from this universe into another, it would essentially be opening the door for Lurker t omove into that universe also, since It got into this universe through cracks in reality and spread it's influence through Origin.
Origin tech wouldn't work in another universe.

You're just so much protein on a sock out there.
So, are you saying a superuniversal godbeing which established a connection with Origin tech in this universe through touching one item couldn't worm its way into any other universe that had origin tech conveniently carried to it? Or are you just saying that origin tech would generally be nonfunctional because Origin loses it's link to them? Or both?
I can't really say because that goes beyond what even steve and the others know about the true origins and purpose of Origin.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26287 on: January 09, 2016, 01:25:06 pm »

I thikn, if you took someone with Origin tech from this universe into another, it would essentially be opening the door for Lurker t omove into that universe also, since It got into this universe through cracks in reality and spread it's influence through Origin.
Origin tech wouldn't work in another universe.

You're just so much protein on a sock out there.
So, are you saying a superuniversal godbeing which established a connection with Origin tech in this universe through touching one item couldn't worm its way into any other universe that had origin tech conveniently carried to it? Or are you just saying that origin tech would generally be nonfunctional because Origin loses it's link to them? Or both?
I can't really say because that goes beyond what even steve and the others know about the true origins and purpose of Origin.
Dester is being slowly driven into a need to know. I think it's how he copes with, well, everything.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26288 on: January 09, 2016, 02:36:09 pm »

Hmm, the spiderverse spiders went right for the door controls. I'm calling it now, the spiders are sapient explorers and those are their equivalent of the HMRC.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26289 on: January 09, 2016, 03:14:32 pm »

Hmm, the spiderverse spiders went right for the door controls. I'm calling it now, the spiders are sapient explorers and those are their equivalent of the HMRC.
Lies. None of them has stabbed a teammate yet.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26290 on: January 09, 2016, 03:15:50 pm »

Perhaps they come from a competent, more sensible reality.

Burn them. Burn them all.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #26291 on: January 09, 2016, 03:20:39 pm »

Competent HMRC?  I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26292 on: January 09, 2016, 03:24:33 pm »

Competent HMRC?  I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.

That's why we must cleanse them by fire! They are an affront to everything we stand for.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26293 on: January 09, 2016, 03:31:14 pm »

Wait a minute! How many recorded cases of backstabbing have we in the history of this game? Straight PvP might be more common (the epic fight for the TV remote!) but it still comes rather out of boredom, rather than on missions.

Now, instead, we should look for other traits. Have they acted extremely foolishly and openly, have they killed innocent creatures, have they tried breaking that which they cannot yet understand, but would really like to?.. :P

They are just as HMRC as we are. No more competent or less troublesome. This... this is the real First Contact, friends.
Past Sigs

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26294 on: January 09, 2016, 03:32:34 pm »

When you really need the job done.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1751 1752 [1753] 1754 1755 ... 2205