Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1743 1744 [1745] 1746 1747 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486671 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #26160 on: January 03, 2016, 05:31:29 am »

Just watched the new Star Wars movie. It was really, REALLY, Good!!!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #26161 on: January 03, 2016, 05:33:34 am »

You're not wrong.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26162 on: January 03, 2016, 01:54:52 pm »

I'm mildly surprised you think so.  When I watched the movie, it honestly seemed somewhat disapointing.  It was a decent movie, but wasn't great.  I had felt that it was targeted more at people who were staunch fans of the originals.

Surprisingly, both of my parents disliked the movie even more than I, and they grew up with the originals.  My mother said that it was a "bridge piece", and really couldn't stand alone on it's own merit.  My father described it as similar to visiting your ailing grandmother in the hospital--Something you have to do, but which you'll only find depressing; she won't be the fun grandmother with cookies and games that you remember, and sitting there, you won't know if she'll ever leave the hospital and return to being awesome.

Maybe they're both biased due to nostalgia, since they watched the originals when they came out three decades ago, but I still feel that the movie was... generic, and felt similar to a checklist of scenes that a Star Wars film needed to have.

It handled stormtroopers wonderfully, though.  Far better than any of the other films.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26163 on: January 03, 2016, 02:09:27 pm »

It was great. Good movie.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26164 on: January 03, 2016, 02:27:43 pm »

I watched A New Hope V2 a little before Christmas, and think it was their best effort at a peace offering for the fans of the first Star Wars films that were angry about EP1/2/3. It wasn't that awesome on it's own, but I really feel that I need to withhold judgement on the thing for a while. It also had references all over to the first three, but they felt a little patched in, if that makes sense. For example, the timing of the music at the very last scene of the movie was wrong, even though they played the right music for the scene, it should have started later in the scene (being vague to avoid spoilers). I think it's because although the same guy made the music, he did it a different way (for the first films he actually watched the movie while conducting the music, in this one they recorded the music first). I also dislike the pose they held just before the credits because although it was supposed to look like the item was being offered, it actually looks like a challenge instead, especially with them just standing still like that.

I won't have a lasting opinion of this movie until I've seen the one after it. and yes @ best stormtroopers, by FAR!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26165 on: January 03, 2016, 02:36:44 pm »

Having not seen the movie, syv expresses my expectations of how I will experience it on that fated day I am required to watch it. But, I have issues with the Star Wars universe.

I would expect this movie to appeal to the younger generation who had no connection with the originals more than to normal fans of Star Wars (extreme fans are another story altogether). For them, it's a fnew thing, and the sense of wonder and excitement and surprise are more real.

Nunzillor

« Reply #26166 on: January 03, 2016, 02:38:36 pm »

It was OK.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26167 on: January 03, 2016, 02:59:05 pm »

We talking about the new Star Wars movie?  I liked it overall, but some parts just had me going WTF.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26168 on: January 03, 2016, 02:59:32 pm »

I should watch the originals...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26169 on: January 03, 2016, 04:12:55 pm »

bear in mind, they were made in the seventies and eighties

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26170 on: January 03, 2016, 04:18:06 pm »

Yes, and?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26171 on: January 03, 2016, 04:33:01 pm »

Yes, and?

And it really, really shows in A New Hope. Really.

The other two look fantastic even today, so its probbably more the budget thing.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26172 on: January 03, 2016, 04:40:52 pm »

I liked TFA overall, although there were some parts that bothered me. I'm not really going to elaborate beyond that, at least not in this thread, because I don't want to spoil the movie.

Yes, and?

And it really, really shows in A New Hope. Really.

The other two look fantastic even today, so its probbably more the budget thing.

I re-watched A New Hope a few years ago, and it wasn't unbearable. Yes, a bit cheesy with regards to special effects, but I thought it held up.

Also, fun fact: the original, low-budget draft of Star Wars used stock footage of WWII dogfights in place of space battles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26173 on: January 03, 2016, 05:03:38 pm »

I liked it because it was a good bridge. I felt like it didn't rely on the cameos too much, we still got our fill of the new characters. The majority of new characters were really good. And the action was awesome.... Also I watched it in a big scotiabank theatre with epic subwoofers, good 3d screens, and seats that shake to the action.... sooo, that may have enhanced my enjoyment somewhat
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26174 on: January 03, 2016, 05:10:24 pm »

It was kinda eh. The best part about it was TRAITOR
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1743 1744 [1745] 1746 1747 ... 2205