Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1579 1580 [1581] 1582 1583 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485244 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23700 on: October 20, 2015, 01:22:36 pm »

So, "bring up Paracelsus sword schematics and poke engines with sequentially larger metal rods, recording observations once every metric tonne" is my ticket in? :P
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23701 on: October 20, 2015, 01:24:01 pm »

How much of this change is purely IC and how much is OOC influence?  Was this potential event planned from early on?

Also, I'm introducing a new die. The red "Reality Break" die which I will use for various reasons. It's coming in earlier than I expected.

Yay for breaking reality!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubIpoPjBUds

I don't remember, what with the system change and all. I vaguely recall a character swapping out two of his skills, so he shuffled his +1 in something to something else, in the old system. Is that still a thing?
Don't want to have that +4 in exo anymore?

The loss of amps as a totally safe thing isn't a total wash for you. It just means it's not quite so abusible.

Though, we can now develop new exo and uncon weapons.

But if people really want to change skills, we'll let them do it for...hmm 5 tokens? That seems reasonable right?
Is changing stats acceptable too?  An uncon character that isn't going to be able to use manips as much might want to transfer some mind to dex, for example.
I suppose.  We may have to throw in some kind of penalty for all this stuff.

Though, we can now develop new exo and uncon weapons.
That actually sounds quite fun... the amp users and tinkerers will get over it when the latter has to design new hardware for the former, I'm sure.
8)

Also, I should probably have asked this earlier, but how do you actually get into Heph research? Or do you just go into tinker if you want to design new weapons for the glory of ARM?
Just head to tinker, thats good enough

(oh god more tinker help)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23702 on: October 20, 2015, 01:27:10 pm »

There's still the Pimp Cane and Sandbag (and also the Black Halo and the spinal hive thing, but you need a fleshy body for those, not that you couldn't grow one), though the latter has the downside of needing ammo.
Eh, I don't find those all that appealing, to be honest, apart from the pimp cane maybe. Assuming Pan survives at all, I find that the whole destroying his own synthbody thing and having his amps cut out of his brain might just make for a nice bit of development and serve as a reason to step away from space magic.

Or maybe just as a reason to start using space magic in really dangerous ways.

Or maybe it's all moot because his braincase got loose during flight and got splattered against the wall of the ship or something. Who knows?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23703 on: October 20, 2015, 01:29:23 pm »

Piecewise, assuming M21 folks make it alive back home, does losing amps/synthbody by order of Steve stand for standard refund?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23704 on: October 20, 2015, 01:30:04 pm »

Hey, anyone know if ARM keeps, say, a box or filing cabinet full of dead limbs and organs chopped off aliens and other weird creatures? Out of interest? Suspended animation would be best, though freeze dried would probably also work.
One wheel short of a wagon

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23705 on: October 20, 2015, 01:34:11 pm »

Hey, anyone know if ARM keeps, say, a box or filing cabinet full of dead limbs and organs chopped off aliens and other weird creatures? Out of interest? Suspended animation would be best, though freeze dried would probably also work.

Those usually go to either R&D guys or Doctor. Where do you think this came from?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23706 on: October 20, 2015, 02:24:19 pm »

Piecewise, assuming M21 folks make it alive back home, does losing amps/synthbody by order of Steve stand for standard refund?
hmmm...yes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23707 on: October 20, 2015, 02:34:27 pm »

2. Space magic has become far more dangerous. Look at your uncon/exo score. See the +X next to it? Thats the number of times you can use Space magic without any extra danger.  Any times more than that and you start getting increasingly hard rolls in the background. The more you use it, the more unstable it becomes, and if you use it too much, you might end up harboring something none too friendly.
I'm going to stand up
Synthflesh seems...mostly unaffected so long as it remains in relatively small quantities. However, too much of it or putting it in close proximity to amps and manips can result in strange effects. Kinetic amps seem to be unaffected for the large part but their outputs are more difficult to guess now, and can often be under or overpowered.
Go sit in a corner
Also, unknown future consequences which I'm sure the few people in the know are worried about right now! Yay!
And bawl until my eyes bleed out.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23708 on: October 20, 2015, 02:39:53 pm »

You just have to resort lobbing nukes from now on.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23709 on: October 20, 2015, 02:44:43 pm »

You just have to resort lobbing nukes from now on.
"Well, you could shrug off nukes before, but now it seems synthflesh doesn't protect against that anymore. If anything, it seems to enhance the power of any explosion close to it. How unfortunate!"

Anyways, volunteering for m25 and stuff. Gotta save up now to buy MOAR GUNZ now that they are gonna move into the spotlight stage left.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23710 on: October 20, 2015, 02:46:51 pm »

Quick question: we know the Avatar is big enough to harbor murderous intent against all life. Is that big enough for some Reality Breakage?

And question two, what's going to happen to the Armory Master? She's packed to the gills with space magic, no?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23711 on: October 20, 2015, 02:50:01 pm »

Her Exo score must be +80 or something, though.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23712 on: October 20, 2015, 02:51:09 pm »

I'm guessing we'll see the effects on the AM soon enough. Anyone wanna go buy anything?

Also, heeeeey pw, now that we'll need to build all these new toys to replace the ones Maurice M21 broke, can we have Hep updates again? Gotta drive you mad to fix my broken spacemagic heart~

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23713 on: October 20, 2015, 02:52:04 pm »

I'm guessing we'll see the effects on the AM soon enough. Anyone wanna go buy anything?

Also, heeeeey pw, now that we'll need to build all these new toys to replace the ones Maurice M21 broke, can we have Hep updates again? Gotta drive you mad to fix my broken spacemagic heart~
Gotta thaw it out first, yeah?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23714 on: October 20, 2015, 02:57:24 pm »

So this means we can't use the Sword cannons as much anymore, right? Which makes Radio's air support plane much more important.
Are things like the plasma projector no longer for sale, or just less predictable?
Pages: 1 ... 1579 1580 [1581] 1582 1583 ... 2205