Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1578 1579 [1580] 1581 1582 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485233 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23685 on: October 20, 2015, 12:49:35 pm »

We've got lots of people in the Hephaestus mission. If there are not enough volunteers on ship, you can always ask any of the people there if they want to get transferred.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #23686 on: October 20, 2015, 12:55:40 pm »

-New Spacemagic Deal-

And like that, just as our wisest have foretold, dawns the age of Dakka
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23687 on: October 20, 2015, 12:56:04 pm »

Holy crap, it's the best of both worlds! We don't all die and amp users get screwed over.

And we get a head start on research over those silly buggers in the UWM.

AND there's no gravity on-ship anymore! It's like Christmas, except actually Halloween.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23688 on: October 20, 2015, 12:59:04 pm »

-New Spacemagic Deal-

And like that, just as our wisest have foretold, dawns the age of Dakka
If pan lives and I don't have to pay a fortune to switch out his skills, I would totally be down to going con. Then all I need is a modified M2 so I can spread the word of our lord and saviour John Moses Browning.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23689 on: October 20, 2015, 01:00:13 pm »

Holy crap, it's the best of both worlds! We don't all die and amp users get screwed over.

AND there's no gravity on-ship anymore! It's like Christmas, except actually Halloween.
That anti-amper attitude just might get you all killed anyway.  >:(

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #23690 on: October 20, 2015, 01:04:04 pm »

Then all I need is a modified M2 so I can spread the word of our lord and saviour John Moses Browning.

Praised be his name. In the name of Browning, Mauser and Kalashnikov, amen.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23691 on: October 20, 2015, 01:08:52 pm »

I don't remember, what with the system change and all. I vaguely recall a character swapping out two of his skills, so he shuffled his +1 in something to something else, in the old system. Is that still a thing?
Don't want to have that +4 in exo anymore?

The loss of amps as a totally safe thing isn't a total wash for you. It just means it's not quite so abusible.

Though, we can now develop new exo and uncon weapons.

But if people really want to change skills, we'll let them do it for...hmm 5 tokens? That seems reasonable right?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23692 on: October 20, 2015, 01:09:37 pm »

How much of this change is purely IC and how much is OOC influence?  Was this potential event planned from early on?

Also, I'm introducing a new die. The red "Reality Break" die which I will use for various reasons. It's coming in earlier than I expected.

Yay for breaking reality!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nunzillor

« Reply #23693 on: October 20, 2015, 01:11:12 pm »

I don't remember, what with the system change and all. I vaguely recall a character swapping out two of his skills, so he shuffled his +1 in something to something else, in the old system. Is that still a thing?

The loss of amps as a totally safe thing isn't a total wash for you. It just means it's not quite so abusible.

But if people really want to change skills, we'll let them do it for...hmm 5 tokens? That seems reasonable right?
Is changing stats acceptable too?  An uncon character that isn't going to be able to use manips as much might want to transfer some mind to dex, for example.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23694 on: October 20, 2015, 01:11:33 pm »

Imagine the joy Devastator must be feeling.

But this is one emotional rollercoaster. I don't know what to wish for anymore.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23695 on: October 20, 2015, 01:15:03 pm »

That actually sounds quite fun... the amp users and tinkerers will get over it when the latter has to design new hardware for the former, I'm sure.
8)

Also, I should probably have asked this earlier, but how do you actually get into Heph research? Or do you just go into tinker if you want to design new weapons for the glory of ARM?
One wheel short of a wagon

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23696 on: October 20, 2015, 01:15:41 pm »

Is changing stats acceptable too?  An uncon character that isn't going to be able to use manips as much might want to transfer some mind to dex, for example.
I need to test the DeathCube stat changes, I think. There's a buck to be made here if I'm quick about it!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23697 on: October 20, 2015, 01:18:45 pm »

I fear that I might get into the "I'll save using my amps for that totally more dangerous thing that might be around the corner" syndrome. I had it during Pan's first few missions as well, where the most I did was melt a door and bleed out a lot.

It all depends though. What kind of new exo weapons are we talking about? Also, the times you use it safely: I'm assuming it's four times from the +4 from the skill level, and not the amount of points you've pumped in the skill itself?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23698 on: October 20, 2015, 01:19:41 pm »

That actually sounds quite fun... the amp users and tinkerers will get over it when the latter has to design new hardware for the former, I'm sure.
8)

Also, I should probably have asked this earlier, but how do you actually get into Heph research? Or do you just go into tinker if you want to design new weapons for the glory of ARM?

Originally you had to pass interview from Simus, but since PyroDesu haven't been around for long time I don't know. You probably need first to prove yourself as effective tinkerer and make pw threaten you with death.

If you want to keep using amps, ditch the synthflesh permanently. Those aren't compatible anymore.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23699 on: October 20, 2015, 01:21:51 pm »

You do it in Tinker presently. Hephaestus was active once upon a time, and they basically just tinkered and made production orders there, and also set teams of scientists/ARESTEVE upon unsolved mysteries. And lately also did some original research (which seemed to end in several great explosions).

I had a plan at one point to try and get into the R&D department, see if I couldn't find work there. It's apparently greatly hazardous work to turn those laser pyramids into HEPs, and we haven't really been privy to much of it.

It all depends though. What kind of new exo weapons are we talking about? Also, the times you use it safely: I'm assuming it's four times from the +4 from the skill level, and not the amount of points you've pumped in the skill itself?

There's still the Pimp Cane and Sandbag (and also the Black Halo and the spinal hive thing, but you need a fleshy body for those, not that you couldn't grow one), though the latter has the downside of needing ammo.
Pages: 1 ... 1578 1579 [1580] 1581 1582 ... 2205