Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488745 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22680 on: September 29, 2015, 03:00:34 pm »

I won't deny, if my character ever gets to an end-game level, I am totally gonna challenge that bastard.

You'll lose.
Yeah, I doubt anything but ... +555 in melee or something would be enough to even match him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22681 on: September 29, 2015, 03:07:42 pm »

How about some of those grey-goo samples we picked up?  Cut them loose on a transport ship in a dock.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22682 on: September 29, 2015, 04:19:12 pm »

@RC: Do you mean you want the forceblade to make the initial cut and then the monorazor to shred what makes it through? That's a good idea, but you might want to state it more clearly.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22683 on: September 29, 2015, 04:34:04 pm »

I think it's supposed to be a two-edged sword, so he can use the monoblade to cut things the forceblade doesn't cut well, and vice-Veddas.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22684 on: September 29, 2015, 04:35:28 pm »

Both ideas make sense, though...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22685 on: September 29, 2015, 04:36:04 pm »

@RC: Do you mean you want the forceblade to make the initial cut and then the monorazor to shred what makes it through? That's a good idea, but you might want to state it more clearly.

Not exactly. I thought about that, but I dunno that'd work with forcefields being 'hard' and such, so you'd need to move the forceblade mechanically back or push the razor to the front after initial cutting, and that doesn't seem convenient. It's more like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
With razor on one side and forceblade on the other.

Edit: I could ask though, can't exactly hurt.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:40:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22686 on: September 29, 2015, 05:11:23 pm »

Depends on how complicated you want to make it. You could attach a device that twists the force-blade, so you can chose where you want it to be. If you want to use both, you can put it in front of the monorazor. Or you could give it two degrees of freedom, allowing you to twist it upwards and backwards as well as around the shaft, something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Since you don't care about how much strength you put in them (since they aren't strength based weapons and they break if pushed too hard anyway) it doesn't matter if they are a bit weaker than a normal sword should be, so there's no need to make it super expensive, just a cheap motor and some metal reinforcement.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22687 on: September 29, 2015, 05:34:08 pm »

@Harry Baldman: Was that MkIII bought when the suit was costing 13 or 10 tokens?

Actually a very good point. I think it was Thaddeus' suit. I don't know if it was a restored older version or a new one he bought. If it's a new one, might actually be 10 tokens. Forgot that MK3s cost less these days.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22688 on: September 29, 2015, 06:58:25 pm »

Dead Man Running Season II, is, like the original Dead Man Running, an RTD set in between present day and the start of ER itself, one year after the season of Dead Man Running run by Piecewise. It is, at the present, an active RTD, however. Like the first DMR, the aim is to obtain 50 points as a competitor, thus winning the game, while the audience is able to affect the spectators using their Deadman Dollars in varying manners. Unlike the original DMR, there are six contestants only, and it is currently run by the bay12 forums user NJW2000. Also, the betting system has been changed somewhat, made simpler with fewer options.

The rules, item list, and miscellanous other features can be found on the original Dead Man Running page.

Betting changes: the bets have been limited to the following wagers.

Winning team: bet on which team wins the team challenge: 1.5x payoff. Must be placed before challenge is revealed.
 Winner of head-to-head: Bet on which team wins the head-to-head or individual challenge: 1.5x payoff. Must be placed before head-to-head challenge is revealed.
 Deadman bet: bet that a contestant will die, placed at the start of the episode. 4.5x payoff.

I've never contributed to a wiki before, so am unsure what else is needed for this, or whether linking to another page for most of the unformation is a legitimate approach, but how would this do for a start?
I made it as a subpage to the original DMR: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Man_Running/Season_Two

Might edit for more info later.

Are you sure about the deadman bet? Because in the original, it was for a contestant to be eliminated, which meant for them to die in the elimination round and ONLY then. While right now, it seems like I could bet 1 DD on 3 contestants and stand a chance to make a very good profit, especially if the match turns out to be very bloody.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22689 on: September 29, 2015, 08:49:25 pm »

@Harry Baldman: Was that MkIII bought when the suit was costing 13 or 10 tokens?

Actually a very good point. I think it was Thaddeus' suit. I don't know if it was a restored older version or a new one he bought. If it's a new one, might actually be 10 tokens. Forgot that MK3s cost less these days.
It was a new one
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22690 on: September 29, 2015, 10:42:54 pm »

I won't deny, if my character ever gets to an end-game level, I am totally gonna challenge that bastard.

You'll lose.
Yeah, I doubt anything but ... +555 in melee or something would be enough to even match him.
Obviously, it would basically be my big sendoff to my character*.
*Again, if she even survives that long.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22691 on: September 30, 2015, 12:44:27 am »

Dead Man Running Season II, is, like the original Dead Man Running, an RTD set in between present day and the start of ER itself, one year after the season of Dead Man Running run by Piecewise. It is, at the present, an active RTD, however. Like the first DMR, the aim is to obtain 50 points as a competitor, thus winning the game, while the audience is able to affect the spectators using their Deadman Dollars in varying manners. Unlike the original DMR, there are six contestants only, and it is currently run by the bay12 forums user NJW2000. Also, the betting system has been changed somewhat, made simpler with fewer options.

The rules, item list, and miscellanous other features can be found on the original Dead Man Running page.

Betting changes: the bets have been limited to the following wagers.

Winning team: bet on which team wins the team challenge: 1.5x payoff. Must be placed before challenge is revealed.
 Winner of head-to-head: Bet on which team wins the head-to-head or individual challenge: 1.5x payoff. Must be placed before head-to-head challenge is revealed.
 Deadman bet: bet that a contestant will die, placed at the start of the episode. 4.5x payoff.

I've never contributed to a wiki before, so am unsure what else is needed for this, or whether linking to another page for most of the unformation is a legitimate approach, but how would this do for a start?
I made it as a subpage to the original DMR: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Man_Running/Season_Two

Might edit for more info later.

Are you sure about the deadman bet? Because in the original, it was for a contestant to be eliminated, which meant for them to die in the elimination round and ONLY then. While right now, it seems like I could bet 1 DD on 3 contestants and stand a chance to make a very good profit, especially if the match turns out to be very bloody.
Thanks! And I'll look into the Deadman Bets, they do seem a but dodgy when you put it like that.
One wheel short of a wagon

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22692 on: September 30, 2015, 10:25:52 am »

I walk over and stick my head under Flint's hand.
Flint petted Lyra's head for a few seconds before putting his arm around her in a sort-of-hug, rubbing her slightly. He enjoyed the novelty of the experience, gently touching her ears, this being the third time he had a chance to feel a real organic creature with non-human ears, fur and general anatomy. And he enjoyed the relaxation, the feeling of safety and comfort, of being with a friend.
I may have made my living out of talking and (over)acting, but I also know the value of being quiet and enjoying those rare moments.
Guys, is this what wanting to ship people feels like?
Because I'm feeling it.
Hard.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22693 on: September 30, 2015, 10:26:53 am »

We don't have enough ER slashfic yet, so go for it!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22694 on: September 30, 2015, 10:33:09 am »

I moved over Rimma's stuff to the team fund and put her equipment up for sale.

One question though: the union page says 'Tokens: Some tokens'. Anyone know exactly how many tokens you guys have? Might not be a bad idea to keep track of it before nobody remembers anymore and tracking it all down becomes a pain.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 ... 2205