Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1506 1507 [1508] 1509 1510 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488901 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22605 on: September 28, 2015, 09:32:08 am »

Making animations is fun.

I've got the set of staring weapons and all their animations set up.

Renen starts with a unique weapon, everyone else starts with standard stuff. I actually had to cobble together a sprite for hand lasers and laser rifles since none of the sprites I could find looked alright.

Mine look like crap but at least they're the crap I want!

Posts tomorrow. Just felt like working on this all day this weekend.

If there's dialogue with the npc's involved, or blurbs they say when certain things happen, you could have the players themselves provide the lines.

Oh, and you could make the game itself a collaborative thing and have other people help out. Dunno how much hassle that would be though, probably quite some.
I have the actors and the starting area made and thats about it so we're not even close to that sort of thing yet.

Regardless, I may ask people (The ones still around) for their input occasionally.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22606 on: September 28, 2015, 10:32:42 am »

Lars looks like your stereotypical monk, ideally with his green robe with the gold trim.

And robot legs now, I guess.

Also, characters stuck floating in biogel; do they get any contributions to modesty when they have company?  Given the universe, I'm guessing no, but it's an interesting question.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22607 on: September 28, 2015, 10:41:32 am »

I thought that part of your body was missing, hence why I think I made no mention of it.

And isn't your entire body being regrown, including legs?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22608 on: September 28, 2015, 11:06:15 am »

I thought that part of your body was missing, hence why I think I made no mention of it.

And isn't your entire body being regrown, including legs?

I thought Lars was just getting the standard "Your lower half was blown off, want to robot just that or everything" choice, and robotting what was just lost.  He's cool with the 50/50 split.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22609 on: September 28, 2015, 11:52:04 am »

How do new players join missions and games?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22610 on: September 28, 2015, 11:57:10 am »

Missions: volunteer, there's on onship kerfuffle.

Games: tinker you just go into VR and open it on ship then post in tinker, Fangames and stuff (though Dead Man Running is the only example like this) you just post a sheet according to the OP, not sure how you join Hephaestus.

Or if you mean Einsteinian Roulette itself, try here.

Also, as I'm running DMR but the ER wiki crashes my CPU, wiki people, could I give one of you, say, the betting, rule changes, etc, in a PM or something, or whatever you'd like for the wiki? As I just don't really think I'd be able to edit it myself for long enough.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:05:10 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22611 on: September 28, 2015, 01:04:08 pm »

Write it in the thread or over here or send it in a PM. I'll make a new page for you.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22612 on: September 28, 2015, 01:04:50 pm »

Ok, thanks, I'll try and get this done sometime reasonably soon.

E: I'll make it fairly short, in order to not cause undue fuss; there will be few major departures from the original anyway.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:10:44 pm by NJW2000 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22613 on: September 28, 2015, 01:22:12 pm »

Dead Man Running Season II, is, like the original Dead Man Running, an RTD set in between present day and the start of ER itself, one year after the season of Dead Man Running run by Piecewise. It is, at the present, an active RTD, however. Like the first DMR, the aim is to obtain 50 points as a competitor, thus winning the game, while the audience is able to affect the spectators using their Deadman Dollars in varying manners. Unlike the original DMR, there are six contestants only, and it is currently run by the bay12 forums user NJW2000. Also, the betting system has been changed somewhat, made simpler with fewer options.

The rules, item list, and miscellanous other features can be found on the original Dead Man Running page.

Betting changes: the bets have been limited to the following wagers.

Winning team: bet on which team wins the team challenge: 1.5x payoff. Must be placed before challenge is revealed.
 Winner of head-to-head: Bet on which team wins the head-to-head or individual challenge: 1.5x payoff. Must be placed before head-to-head challenge is revealed.
 Deadman bet: bet that a contestant will die, placed at the start of the episode. 4.5x payoff.

I've never contributed to a wiki before, so am unsure what else is needed for this, or whether linking to another page for most of the unformation is a legitimate approach, but how would this do for a start?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22614 on: September 28, 2015, 02:48:59 pm »

HA. HA. HA. HA.
Watch my pretty funeral pyre, mortals, and tremble!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22615 on: September 28, 2015, 02:49:27 pm »

WITNESS!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #22616 on: September 28, 2015, 02:53:55 pm »

RIP, Maurice, died and probably took everyone with him.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22617 on: September 28, 2015, 02:56:11 pm »

What's the mechanical muse anyway?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22618 on: September 28, 2015, 03:01:52 pm »

What's the mechanical muse anyway?

Mechanical Muse: A generator intended to break writers block by giving you several evocative bits of text without context. Works for me, it might work for you.

Basically, Piecewise's Random Generator of "faces in the clouds" for various uses. So far in ER it has been used for pseudo-"prophetic visions"-on-demand.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22619 on: September 28, 2015, 03:14:15 pm »

HA. HA. HA. HA.
Watch my pretty funeral pyre, mortals, and tremble!

Nah, I'm good. Thanks. See ya later if you live. Gotta report findings while I still can. Yup. kthnxbye.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1506 1507 [1508] 1509 1510 ... 2205