Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489619 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22635 on: September 28, 2015, 05:04:35 pm »

Suit reactors can be overloaded and used as mininukes? Sweet! From now one no one throw away any suits so we can harvest them for bombs.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22636 on: September 28, 2015, 06:20:36 pm »

HA. HA. HA. HA.
Watch my pretty funeral pyre, mortals, and tremble!
Oh Maurice ... a lot of veterans seem to be dropping lately. It's almost sad.

Also, I gotta say I have been enjoying the RP between Lars, Flint, and Lyra. Nicely done you guys. Special props to Parisbre for the awkward uncertainty. God, in these games, most of the players rp the aftermath of seeing someone torn to shreds in front of them as i it barely even happened. "you witness someone violently and brutally leave this existence." "I steal their stuff and go talk to the AM about hot dogs."

Edit: I like how everyone assumes that getting a still frozen Pancaek out of the dome is a good thing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:23:33 pm by Ozarck »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22637 on: September 28, 2015, 06:23:05 pm »

It's oddly appropriate when you have in mind most characters are either terminally crazy or criminals. Sometimes both.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22638 on: September 28, 2015, 08:08:58 pm »

Lars does have a violent criminal backstory which amounts to terrorism.  (Firebombing a police station after local police tore up his prayer book.)  Preaching while recovering  in a tube of biogel is really a minor inconvenience at best.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22639 on: September 28, 2015, 08:14:31 pm »

The HMRC has a long and tested history of escaping slippery situations with horrible alien infections inside of our bodies and/or minds.
Quality advice coming from a walking alien ant farm.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22640 on: September 28, 2015, 08:16:16 pm »

Too bad no-one got infected by Haebi spores.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22641 on: September 28, 2015, 08:17:55 pm »

Clearly someone should had made a Hamebi and Cheese sandwich.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22642 on: September 28, 2015, 08:59:26 pm »

Clearly someone should had made a Hamebi and Cheese sandwich.
Remind me to have Nyars break a knee cap for that one.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22643 on: September 28, 2015, 09:05:04 pm »

...Am I the only one that thinks that it might not be a good thing if Pancaek escapes the anomaly while still partially under the influence of the god-thing?
Probably just you. Escaping whilst infested with god-knows-what is how Ivan became the demonic cicada we derived the IVAN treatment from, how Faith got her berserker mode, and how Milno became a shape-shifting shark hive.

Not sure what Pancaek may become if he escapes though. Amp-driven synthflesh blowup doll perhaps?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22644 on: September 29, 2015, 01:57:55 am »

((I was going to run away anyway.))

"Well, this is nice place and all, but I think I have just had enough. And since the way out is apparently clear, I'm out. See ya."

Abandon teammates and fly out using the apparent opening the alien god blasted. Let's say 200 km/h. If I get succesfully outside, report to Steve via radio or QEC, which ever works. Steer towards the shuttle while staying far away from the anomaly area to the point I have to fly towards it to get to the shuttle.

"It appears we released a space god or something and it is about to perform a ritual or something. It stole something from me when I used amp. The... intent? I don't know. I guess you can pull what my suit has recorded so far? And did any QEC message get through?"

There are two guys standing right there in the opening already.

You have two arms.

You can extract more tokens from Stevamoto's iron grip if your mission report reads "Withdrew comrades from certain death in heroic high-speed rescue" than "I ran away and left them all to die, cash plz"

Summation: Heroism makes economic sense here

The major thing here is priorities and relationship between risk and profit. Profit to save others here is too small compared to the risk. Especially now that Maurice announced his crazy plan. And dead teammates means their pay is shared between survivors. So no, heroism doesn't make economic sense here.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22645 on: September 29, 2015, 02:12:01 am »

((I was going to run away anyway.))

"Well, this is nice place and all, but I think I have just had enough. And since the way out is apparently clear, I'm out. See ya."

Abandon teammates and fly out using the apparent opening the alien god blasted. Let's say 200 km/h. If I get succesfully outside, report to Steve via radio or QEC, which ever works. Steer towards the shuttle while staying far away from the anomaly area to the point I have to fly towards it to get to the shuttle.

"It appears we released a space god or something and it is about to perform a ritual or something. It stole something from me when I used amp. The... intent? I don't know. I guess you can pull what my suit has recorded so far? And did any QEC message get through?"

There are two guys standing right there in the opening already.

You have two arms.

You can extract more tokens from Stevamoto's iron grip if your mission report reads "Withdrew comrades from certain death in heroic high-speed rescue" than "I ran away and left them all to die, cash plz"

Summation: Heroism makes economic sense here

The major thing here is priorities and relationship between risk and profit. Profit to save others here is too small compared to the risk. Especially now that Maurice announced his crazy plan. And dead teammates means their pay is shared between survivors. So no, heroism doesn't make economic sense here.

In that case, the optimal way for any mission to end is with an OK saloon shoutout with one person gaining everyone's tokens for good work.

Except that miyamoto says we're a space army now, and he's going to be really unamused with "Despite being the safest person on the team and most able to help, I ran away so I'd get their pay if they died"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22646 on: September 29, 2015, 02:29:04 am »

Miyamoto can kiss his own fat ass.  8)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22647 on: September 29, 2015, 02:31:49 am »

Miyamoto can kiss his own fat ass.  8)
Well he's gonna be able to with all those tokens he didn't give you.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22648 on: September 29, 2015, 02:36:50 am »

Oh no, he can't hold my payment. If I survive then I have completed my mission, which was simply to scout and gather information about the anomaly. And I'm sane enough to return alive with intact data. Besides Miya isn't in charge about this mission. Maurice is. And if he dies, then it is Steve's problem to pay and he's not too stingy.

Either way, Ulrich is focusing on his own long term survival at the moment.
Old sigs.
Games.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22649 on: September 29, 2015, 02:42:34 am »

You'd be surprised how just many things miyamoto/radio has no authority over, and no right to have the authority over, that he ends up weaseling his way into controlling.

basically your screwed, but ill help you steal shit from him to put him in his place if it comes to that.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1508 1509 [1510] 1511 1512 ... 2205