Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489496 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22620 on: September 28, 2015, 03:15:05 pm »

That went better than expected. Now to drag my frozen ass through that crack in the wall.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22621 on: September 28, 2015, 04:14:36 pm »

((I was going to run away anyway.))

"Well, this is nice place and all, but I think I have just had enough. And since the way out is apparently clear, I'm out. See ya."

Abandon teammates and fly out using the apparent opening the alien god blasted. Let's say 200 km/h. If I get succesfully outside, report to Steve via radio or QEC, which ever works. Steer towards the shuttle while staying far away from the anomaly area to the point I have to fly towards it to get to the shuttle.

"It appears we released a space god or something and it is about to perform a ritual or something. It stole something from me when I used amp. The... intent? I don't know. I guess you can pull what my suit has recorded so far? And did any QEC message get through?"

There are two guys standing right there in the opening already.

You have two arms.

You can extract more tokens from Stevamoto's iron grip if your mission report reads "Withdrew comrades from certain death in heroic high-speed rescue" than "I ran away and left them all to die, cash plz"

Summation: Heroism makes economic sense here
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:17:30 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22622 on: September 28, 2015, 04:25:46 pm »

Let's see...

Konrad and Eddie are out of the dome.
Lucricia is next to the exit of the dome, apparently.

Han's position is tricky, but his previous action was to run for the boundary, and apparently the current one wasn't processed, so he should also be close to exiting the dome.

So yeah, just Maurice and Pancaek out in the open without the means to escape the blast zone.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22623 on: September 28, 2015, 04:29:17 pm »

He can always help you. Just because your character is suicidal due to bad rolls doesn't mean the others have to leave him to sacrifice himself.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:44:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22624 on: September 28, 2015, 04:36:29 pm »

Nah, no problem. Actually, this is perfect opportunity to roleplay greed vs. fear vs. duty, so I can appreciate any outcome.

Mostly I was just tallying up our numbers out loud and checking if there were any other people left out who need immediate flying rescue as much as, say, Pancaek needs it.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22625 on: September 28, 2015, 04:36:40 pm »

-snip-
I'll admit, I haven't been following M21 as close as I could have after being gibbed by the eldritch horror. I landed next to "the break in the wall". Once I go through that, am I not in the clear?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22626 on: September 28, 2015, 04:54:34 pm »

Oh, if that is a break in the dome "wall", then yeah, you should be more or less clear. I hope. (This explosion is cited as "smaller than that nuke, but still big"; 1kt nuke has effective wanton destruction radius of about 0.5 km, give or take, and I hope that we could use the dome walls themselves - where they still are standing - for protection, at least until they collapse).

For some reason I perceived that as a wall of one of the still standing buildings. Oh well, let's just say I didn't have time to double-check your position, and assumed you were closer to the epicentre than it really is.
Past Sigs

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22627 on: September 28, 2015, 04:55:15 pm »

-snip-
I'll admit, I haven't been following M21 as close as I could have after being gibbed by the eldritch horror. I landed next to "the break in the wall". Once I go through that, am I not in the clear?

That depends on a) What the hell Maurice did and how bad it will be and b) What the hell the God is doing and how bad it will be
and c) Will the ship start dropping nukes

I advise getting out of the breach, then running left a bit before continuing your flight. That way you get the dome as ablative shielding (for all the good it did against the god-thing)

EDIT: Maurice set off a nuke?! isnt that 500m the "total destruction" radius for 1kt?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:57:47 pm by Dorsidwarf »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22628 on: September 28, 2015, 04:56:03 pm »

What did Nik do? Where did he found the nuke?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22629 on: September 28, 2015, 04:58:55 pm »

What did Nik do? Where did he found the nuke?
He apparently was carrying around a 1kt nuke (that's like, the size of two footballs) in his backpack and "forgot" to tell anyone

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22630 on: September 28, 2015, 04:59:23 pm »

...I'm overloading my suit's reactor.

Sometimes Int rolls for GM advice can point out interesting solutions to problems at hand!

(No, it's not a nuke. The nuke we acquired got annihilated with all Bartolomew's stuff. Too bad.)
Past Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22631 on: September 28, 2015, 05:00:06 pm »

That depends on a) What the hell Maurice did and how bad it will be and b) What the hell the God is doing and how bad it will be
and c) Will the ship start dropping nukes

I advise getting out of the breach, then running left a bit before continuing your flight. That way you get the dome as ablative shielding (for all the good it did against the god-thing)

EDIT: Maurice set off a nuke?! isnt that 500m the "total destruction" radius for 1kt?
great. Good advice on moving slightly left, thanks.

I'm not terribly concerned about the nuke. I've got experience.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #22632 on: September 28, 2015, 05:01:36 pm »

...Am I the only one that thinks that it might not be a good thing if Pancaek escapes the anomaly while still partially under the influence of the god-thing?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22633 on: September 28, 2015, 05:03:00 pm »

The HMRC has a long and tested history of escaping slippery situations with horrible alien infections inside of our bodies and/or minds.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22634 on: September 28, 2015, 05:03:14 pm »

...Am I the only one that thinks that it might not be a good thing if Pancaek escapes the anomaly while still partially under the influence of the god-thing?
Eh, it's only partial. Most times when people are carrying traces of whatever inside of them it's been benificial in the long run.
Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 ... 2205