Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 [1484] 1485 1486 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489586 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22245 on: September 19, 2015, 12:46:41 pm »

I find it strange that people actually agree to pay up when Milno declares that some deceased person's debt is suddenly theirs...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22246 on: September 19, 2015, 12:50:40 pm »

That's what Chief is all about!

Ryan also owes Chief a token. Does this token of debt now belong to Milno?

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22247 on: September 19, 2015, 01:03:36 pm »

It's been long enough since we abandoned Earth that I doubt we have the same races/ethnicities. Most planets were probably populated by a small-ish group of settlers, who then lived in a distinct environment and bred with the same small population, for thousands of years. That would surely lead to new ethnic groups on almost every world, right?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22248 on: September 19, 2015, 01:09:26 pm »

I find it strange that people actually agree to pay up when Milno declares that some deceased person's debt is suddenly theirs...

When Milno tells you to jump you jump or you'll be shanked in showers.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22249 on: September 19, 2015, 01:13:42 pm »

It's been long enough since we abandoned Earth that I doubt we have the same races/ethnicities. Most planets were probably populated by a small-ish group of settlers, who then lived in a distinct environment and bred with the same small population, for thousands of years. That would surely lead to new ethnic groups on almost every world, right?

With easy interstellar and supereasy intercontinental travel, you'd probably just get one big genetic group covering a wider area, so to speak, rather than several distinct ones. At least on the planetwide level. But with situations like the M23 one, then you'd get a helluva lot of that stuff. And with the size of the ER-verse, there'd be almost every kinda human genetic combination possible, before you knida got away from homo sapiens.
One wheel short of a wagon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22250 on: September 19, 2015, 01:17:31 pm »

Ryan also owes Chief a token. Does this token of debt now belong to Milno?

Nah, Cthunkan will collect that himself should the bugger ever return. He's the perfect debt collector, don't you know.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22251 on: September 19, 2015, 01:20:42 pm »

Hey Aos, that coupon, I don't mind you buying it and paying later, but I do want the guarantee then that you'll pay me before using it, aka so you don't use it and then die before paying. Deal?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22252 on: September 19, 2015, 01:23:34 pm »

Hey Aos, that coupon, I don't mind you buying it and paying later, but I do want the guarantee then that you'll pay me before using it, aka so you don't use it and then die before paying. Deal?

Of course. The coupon is on ship and Ulrich is not. I'll pay it as soon as Maurice pays me for being in his insane mission.

And then I start asking Questions. Your secrets won't be yours soon!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22253 on: September 19, 2015, 01:28:57 pm »

With easy interstellar and supereasy intercontinental travel, you'd probably just get one big genetic group covering a wider area, so to speak, rather than several distinct ones. At least on the planetwide level. But with situations like the M23 one, then you'd get a helluva lot of that stuff. And with the size of the ER-verse, there'd be almost every kinda human genetic combination possible, before you knida got away from homo sapiens.
I thought that the ER-verse was sort of like WH40K: Humanity colonized as many planets as it could, something bad happened(Chaos/the Altered), and the ensuing chaos isolated most planets, then after a few thousand years the government (The Imperium/UWM) came through, fought off the (Chaos/Altered) and reunited the planets, but at the cost of establishing an oppressive government.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22254 on: September 19, 2015, 01:36:43 pm »

well, Thaddeus was alive in Cthunkan, and so Cthunkan as a superset of Thaddeus (as described by herself) acquired his possessions and debts. And then the Gestalt murdered Thaddeus. Of course, it could have tried to deny the debt, but Milno and Thaddeus did RP some of that while he was still alive in there, and the other consciousnesses were aware of the situation. It's not like Milno walked up to a stranger and said: hey, a guy I used to know owes me money. Now you owe me his money. Suck it up.

I think Milno would get away with it, though. Dester wouldn't. can't even steal a lousy two token force infuser off an assailant ...

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22255 on: September 19, 2015, 01:39:56 pm »

I thought that the ER-verse was sort of like WH40K: Humanity colonized as many planets as it could, something bad happened(Chaos/the Altered), and the ensuing chaos isolated most planets, then after a few thousand years the government (The Imperium/UWM) came through, fought off the (Chaos/Altered) and reunited the planets, but at the cost of establishing an oppressive government.
Yeah, that nails it, I think (don't forget to off-handedly mention lost and never rediscovered colonies :P). Also, it should be noted that early colonies were often governmental ventures (not pan-governmental or whatever passes for "unified planet reign") or maybe even those of specific organisations/corporations/etc.; thus, it is not that uncommon for there to be quite narrower genetic and cultural heritage on some colonies than otherwise (and then those colonies became "inner circle" ones, pumping out yet more colony ships, so that trend continued, in a fashion).

Thus, I think on some colonies there still are imported "nationalities" and religions of the Earth, while on others a more even genetic and cultural mix can be observed, giving rise to their own new and distinct cultural and genetic groups.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22256 on: September 19, 2015, 01:42:17 pm »

Ah, ok. My lore is kinda shaky
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22257 on: September 19, 2015, 01:54:41 pm »

So, anomaly missions are about using common sense and stuff. this one seems to be gong the way of The Smasonite Abyss mission, with the minor exception of not having any teammates shanking other teammates on the way to the black goo / black figure possessing a teammate. That is, common sense was applied early, but not long in ... ER sense became much more pronounced.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22258 on: September 19, 2015, 02:05:43 pm »

Anomalous zones destroy the common sense.
Old sigs.
Games.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22259 on: September 19, 2015, 02:17:58 pm »

Ugh, I really want to know if I'm dead or not. Am I dead, Pee-Dub?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 [1484] 1485 1486 ... 2205