Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1360 1361 [1362] 1363 1364 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496009 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20415 on: July 19, 2015, 09:04:41 pm »

geth

GETH my babies. If when Ryan ever dies my next character shall absolutely be legion.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20416 on: July 19, 2015, 09:06:08 pm »

Well, if he gets robo'd, your current character can be Legion.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20417 on: July 19, 2015, 09:07:30 pm »

I think it looks sort of like a cross between a geth and a crash test dummy. Mostly black robot muscle with some silvery metal visible. Has a blank head with a simple screen that can show emoticons.

It has cameras all over the body, wrists can rotate 360 degrees, secret hidden overdrive mode, probably a few other useful features that I'm forgetting. Should make a wiki page for it, can't believe no one has already.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20418 on: July 19, 2015, 09:33:30 pm »

Good to know, thanks.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20419 on: July 19, 2015, 11:43:17 pm »

Well, if he gets robo'd, your current character can be Legion.
That implies that there are multiple people inside. Need to get a few robots in one room and pop one of those Wish pills.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20420 on: July 20, 2015, 07:55:25 am »

This is why wiki-ing the backlog of missions is worth it:

Quote from: mission 8
You open one door with another door for the sake of irony and proceed to batter and smash your way through the house, walking through walls, stomping accidently into the basement and generally blundering about with all the gentle grace of a colorectal exam being performed by a doctor with Parkinson's disease, using a medieval mace.

You find no one in the house or on the bottom of your feet when you're finished.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20421 on: July 20, 2015, 08:51:36 am »

So if cuthukan becomes a robobody he would be like legion, including the multiple minds working together.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20422 on: July 20, 2015, 11:27:21 am »

That could be a solution to the whole 'fighting over the one body' issue.
Have multiple robodies working seperately, with the controlling mind in the most central of them. Or just have some convoluted mass of robotic limbs, some controlled by one mind and some controlled by the others. That way everyone gets to do something each turn!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20423 on: July 20, 2015, 01:46:34 pm »

Or go the Saint route, controlling multiple QEC connected robobodies(would be rather expensive to set up, but might be the ultimate solution)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20424 on: July 20, 2015, 05:06:57 pm »

Have multiple robodies working seperately, with the controlling mind in the most central of them. Or just have some convoluted mass of robotic limbs, some controlled by one mind and some controlled by the others. That way everyone gets to do something each turn!
mostly this: Cthunkan's reign of terror in multiple bodies.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20425 on: July 20, 2015, 07:02:13 pm »

mostly this: Cthunkan's reign of terror in multiple bodies.
so far we have been working together, after Henk's initial panic subsided. Also, one of us could control cuthukan body while the rest control the robobody working in perfect unison since we are one mind joined together were we can coordinate via thought.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20426 on: July 21, 2015, 08:24:53 am »

I had ideas of using that fact to coordinate multiple teams across a planet to take several objective simaltaniously. After all, using QEC-equpped bots and a hive mind, we have the perfect permanent mobile com!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20427 on: July 21, 2015, 01:20:40 pm »

My first thought was "engineered plague" but some exotic neutron bomb is a possibility as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20428 on: July 21, 2015, 01:24:52 pm »

My first thought was "engineered plague" but some exotic neutron bomb is a possibility as well.
I kinda had the same thought, but that's a damn scary plague if it drops people dead on the spot through their spacesuits. The fact that the colony was a vocal critic (if I recall correctly anyway) means exotic doom weapon is a little more possible, squeaky colony-wheel gets the bio-death-oil.

Could also be a sort of trap, or maybe there is an evaluation team on-site or something. I dunno.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20429 on: July 21, 2015, 01:57:31 pm »

"I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses." ... I miss those days, Simus.

D'awwww. It's kind of strange how the asexual - and currently comatose - robo-lady has two men vying for her attention.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 1360 1361 [1362] 1363 1364 ... 2205