Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495721 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20385 on: July 18, 2015, 07:08:21 am »

What were the ingredients? Or were they indeterminate as well?
One wheel short of a wagon

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20386 on: July 18, 2015, 07:13:53 am »

The only one I think we agreed on, were ripped and torn pages of notes.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20387 on: July 18, 2015, 09:57:13 am »

The pill wouldn't even work on a ghostship. Remember that having a strong will means a possibility to resist the process and ghostships are far beyond the inmate with the highest willpower/Mind on ship.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20388 on: July 18, 2015, 11:03:15 am »

Just had a funny idea. What if you cloned people and left the clones behind (after making sure they look like the original and implanting some "red herring" memories in them)?
"What are you talking about? People are not missing. They're just suffering from unexplained amnesia. I bet they're being abducted... by aliens!"
I'm pretty sure people did this in the backstory of Halo at some point.

If the black ops mission is doing human trafficking, a lot of times what happens in the real world is people get lured away from the areas they know best by offers of employment in another place. Getting romantically involved with someone is another way people get lured into being trafficked. Just some advice.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20389 on: July 18, 2015, 11:06:53 am »

Clearly piecewise is doing this as a way to obtain ideas for how to expand his human trafficking ring and increase the number of brains in his server banks.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20390 on: July 18, 2015, 11:27:09 am »

I would say that Kurt Vonnegut's Sirens of Titan might just be useful reading on this one.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20391 on: July 18, 2015, 03:45:26 pm »

Just had a funny idea. What if you cloned people and left the clones behind (after making sure they look like the original and implanting some "red herring" memories in them)?
"What are you talking about? People are not missing. They're just suffering from unexplained amnesia. I bet they're being abducted... by aliens!"

If the black ops mission is doing human trafficking, a lot of times what happens in the real world is people get lured away from the areas they know best by offers of employment in another place. Getting romantically involved with someone is another way people get lured into being trafficked. Just some advice.
I mentioned both migration and sex trafficking before. A lot of girls are trafficked by their nominal boyfriends, who keep them addicted to drugs and scared to disobey. I'm not sure we can woo fifty thousand young women though. the job option and migration are likely to be the best lures though. Of course, we have just all the people to draw from, so it could be an easy, straightforward, and possibly a little tedious of a mission after all, barring a)notice by the cops (shouldn't be an issue as long as we don't target anyone they care about) and b) conflict with the crime syndicates.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20392 on: July 18, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »

I mentioned both migration and sex trafficking before. A lot of girls are trafficked by their nominal boyfriends, who keep them addicted to drugs and scared to disobey. I'm not sure we can woo fifty thousand young women though. the job option and migration are likely to be the best lures though. Of course, we have just all the people to draw from, so it could be an easy, straightforward, and possibly a little tedious of a mission after all, barring a)notice by the cops (shouldn't be an issue as long as we don't target anyone they care about) and b) conflict with the crime syndicates.

From what he said about the population density in the city, you're looking at a population-per-square-kilometer in the order of tens, if not hundreds of thousands. (take the most densely-populated slum ever and make it twenty times higher, and even poorer)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20393 on: July 18, 2015, 04:28:21 pm »

If we somehow managed to make a security arrangement with the local police, we could easily skim hundreds from any given settlement. Steve could have hundreds of thousands to work with, provided he had subtle enough transportation arranged for them.

Again, a brute force deception could work too. Manufacture a viral outbreak (a benign virus with horrible symptoms that lasted long enough and spread wide enough to cause panic), quarantine the area, and simply deport everyone. That would require some back work with the officials so we appeared legitimate long enough for it to work. and of course, it could go horribly wrong in so many ways.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20394 on: July 18, 2015, 06:04:48 pm »

You could plant explosives to cross-section a building like this:
!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!
Explosives
!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!
Then just use a spaceship to lift the entire top off after detonation. Perhaps after that a solvent could be found that doesn't dissolve human flesh, so you could be left with nothing but lots of humans and a giant puddle.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20395 on: July 18, 2015, 06:17:17 pm »

Start a magic show.
Ask every  audience member to sign "will not sue" agreements.
Ask for a volunteer who would like to be the subject of a disappearing act.
Make them "magically" (or possibly magically) disappear.
Move on to the next trick. If anybody asks, respond that you never claimed you could make them reappear.
???
Profit.

Alternatively, start a game show ala Dead Man Running. The winner gets permanent off world vacation. The losers get permanent off world reassignment.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20396 on: July 18, 2015, 06:23:12 pm »

Start a magic show.
Ask every  audience member to sign "will not sue" agreements.
Ask for a volunteer who would like to be the subject of a disappearing act.
Make them "magically" (or possibly magically) disappear.
Move on to the next trick. If anybody asks, respond that you never claimed you could make them reappear.
???
Profit.

Alternatively, start a game show ala Dead Man Running. The winner gets permanent off world vacation. The losers get permanent off world reassignment.

Dead man running idea. You could easily get sponsors for it, and get tens of thousands, if not hundred of thousands to volunteer for it if they have even the slightest chance of improving their own and their families lives
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20397 on: July 18, 2015, 06:32:05 pm »

Gameshow! Clone one charismatic host thousands of times, invite good-looking celebrities onto the televised show, in which people have to complete an obstacle course to get to the "prize", then invite (secretly) almost everyone on the plant as lucky winners that get to participate, to one of several thousand identical obstacle courses each with  a host in which everyone always wins and the "prize" is a free trip to space. Naturally, only televise the one show. With the promise of stardom, people will do anything.

Less work-intensive alternative: basically invite people to do big brother, reality TV of some kind, but on a spaceship headed for a mysterious destination. So they can maintain, launch and transport themselves willingly off the planet.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20398 on: July 18, 2015, 06:43:04 pm »

And whatever you choose, never forget to have them sign liability waivers.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20399 on: July 18, 2015, 06:45:09 pm »

Oh, and try and get their stuff. I can see some fantastic looting spree opportunities here, for anyone that wants 200,000 pairs of nondescript underwear.
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 2205