Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488107 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19110 on: June 30, 2015, 03:22:30 pm »

Sounds like a bidding war!

Well, not really, since accepting Tek's offer would be highly metagamey, no?

In fact, since everybody's unconscious, Kai could just not tell anyone he made the stop to get Xan afterward.

-snip-

Truth is, you did enter VR - this has the terrible side effect of making you largely helpless as far as I know. But not to worry, Dubley's coming to the rescue anyway.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:49:20 pm by Harry Baldman »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19111 on: June 30, 2015, 03:24:48 pm »

Yeah, this is exactly how I thought this whole situation would go. I try to loot spaz once and get zapped. immediately after U_P loots him and nothing. I can't attack the little shit because Steve will zap me. He can kidnap me and tie me up after harassing the fuck out of me for six turns (and threatening metagaming) without getting zapped. I borrowed the pimp cane to prevent being kidnapped, but no, fuck that. Literally everyone saw the interaction, but no, fuck that, somehow he magically gets me in his room. Of course he does. Bullshit. Feel free to kill him regardless of my condition.

By the way, I borrowed that pimp cane with all my tokens, so, thanks for not letting me do the action I got that for.
:(

Sorry your intro to the game has been so frustrating.
If most people weren't off on-mission and trying not to die he'd probably be dead by now. At least incapacitated. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19112 on: June 30, 2015, 03:38:44 pm »

"EDITED for "Calm."
Yes, thank you Yoink, it has truly been frustrating to be so doggedly pursued and feel that I am incapable of appropriate retaliation. Thank you or your sympathy.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:27:31 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19113 on: June 30, 2015, 03:43:45 pm »

Yeah, this is exactly how I thought this whole situation would go. I try to loot spaz once and get zapped. immediately after U_P loots him and nothing. I can't attack the little shit because Steve will zap me. He can kidnap me and tie me up after harassing the fuck out of me for six turns (and threatening metagaming) without getting zapped. I borrowed the pimp cane to prevent being kidnapped, but no, fuck that. Literally everyone saw the interaction, but no, fuck that, somehow he magically gets me in his room. Of course he does. Bullshit. Feel free to kill him regardless of my condition.

By the way, I borrowed that pimp cane with all my tokens, so, thanks for not letting me do the action I got that for. nor letting any of the people who claimed they would intervene do so. Seems like a shit ton of fives on spaz's part and a shitton of ones on everyone elses for this situation to happen. but no, this was the fucking inevitable outcome.
you do realize PW was merciful, for PW, by *not* directly showing how you resisted? EXO rolls are notorious for self-harm. PW did say that you put up a fight, just ended up overpowered. and by announcing to the entire ship what just happened, you've got everyone on board that would be willing to help you an IC excuse to come to your aid. and this is despite you tempting fate by entering the VR aka helpless-mode-that-aggravates-the-gm-by-asking-annoying-questions.

also, those that were willing to help you had different actions posted for this turn that didn't include a 'if ozarck is in trouble go help him' line. that doesn't mean they aren't coming, but does mean that they weren't already moving before the turn began.

in fact:
Return to the Armory, once again try to buy tazor, and once again attempt to shock the fuck out of Henk to stop him from enslaving the dude. Resort to more lethal means if this fails.
"Don't worry whoever you are, I'll save you!"

Go rescue that guy! Deactivate my robobody's safety strength limiters, then tear open the door with my bare hands and rescue that noob from the psycho.
so yeah, you're going to be fine, calm down.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19114 on: June 30, 2015, 03:49:03 pm »

Sounds like a bidding war!
Well, if we go all the way to the end, he'll end up with a battlesuit.

There were plenty of people nearby, and several who had made a point of preventing this course of action. And look, This very round, the gm prevented at least two people from taking a course of action, just by saying - no you don't want to do that. And again, I call fickle on the whole "not gonna let you guys loot him" "oh, Auron can loot him" "oh Henk can loot him" bit.
He technically did not steal from you, he stole you, so he technically did not break the rules.
And U_P tricked him into giving his items willingly, so again, no stealing.
And he has an angry mob after him. He won't last long. Only problem is that they are trying to break into his apartment, which is a bad idea.
It's just some lost time. No need to worry too much.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:51:42 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19115 on: June 30, 2015, 03:53:03 pm »

EDITED for "calm"
@Lenglon
Oh. gee, I didn't know the VR rendered me helpless. I wish I had known. I guess, on reflection, I should have made a simple con user and taken a generic gauss gun or my first mission, instead of trying outhte exotics and trying to learn what could be learned about them. well, hindsight, as they say.

@Parisbre
Right, true enough, Auron took the amp in "exchange."
 Of course, this is still right after we were shocked, not for looting, but or doing it on ship and making the guy "combat ineffective."

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:27:03 pm by Ozarck »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19116 on: June 30, 2015, 03:55:30 pm »

I'm so glad that it comes out NOW after the fact that VR == helpless and annoying to the gm. That's good. I only know what weapons do by there description on the wiki, and they don't exactly clarify. Had i known, though, that VR == Helpless, I'd have stayed the fuck away, obviously. And how am I going to learn about the weapons before using them in battle otherwise, since when I ask ooc, people link a Wiki page.

He technically did not steal from you, he stole you, so he technically did not break the rules.
And U_P tricked him into giving his items willingly, so again, no stealing.
And he has an angry mob after him. He won't last long. Only problem is that they are trying to break into his apartment, which is a bad idea.
It's just some lost time. No need to worry too much.
thanks for those technicalities, I feel so much better now.

And no, I'm tied up, locked in a room with someone who has sworn to kill me through cheaty means, including meta, regardless of the cost, with at least one turn before anyone can intervene, so "going to be fine" is a hollow promise.
When did he promise that?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19117 on: June 30, 2015, 03:57:39 pm »

Welp, I see no way this is ending well for Flint and our pilot if the shuttle doesn't first unload everything at the Sword. No real way to ignore it IC if Miya got shocked. Which, yes, has a good chance for unleashing the avatar, though I'm guessing Steve did something to block it or something. I'm asking pw.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19118 on: June 30, 2015, 04:00:08 pm »

You need to calm down, guy. The worst case here - and I repeat, the absolute worst case I see - is that you die, if what you are saying is true. And then you make a new guy, which is as easy as copy-paste, and you don't lose shit because you haven't been on a mission yet. Takes two minutes, tops.

Ya probably could have even made a couple of friends, milked the sympathy a little bit, work it IC a little. I understand that spaz is acting like a shit and you're frustrated, but throwing blame around (especially at the GM, who best I can tell gave you a fair roll) doesn't make you seem very sympathetic. It's a turn-off.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19119 on: June 30, 2015, 04:02:07 pm »

By the way, Auron did get shocked for looting Henk. Afterwards he bought Henk's kinamp in return for you.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19120 on: June 30, 2015, 04:03:45 pm »

You need to calm down, guy. The worst case here - and I repeat, the absolute worst case I see - is that you die, if what you are saying is true. And then you make a new guy, which is as easy as copy-paste, and you don't lose shit because you haven't been on a mission yet. Takes two minutes, tops.

Ya probably could have even made a couple of friends, milked the sympathy a little bit, work it IC a little. I understand that spaz is acting like a shit and you're frustrated, but throwing blame around (especially at the GM, who best I can tell gave you a fair roll) doesn't make you seem very sympathetic. It's a turn-off.
Eh, I feel he's fully justified in this.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19121 on: June 30, 2015, 04:05:39 pm »

to be fair the gm is a godsdamn jerk who shocks people for no reason dammit PW

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19122 on: June 30, 2015, 04:08:06 pm »

Ookaaaaay people, let's all take a dezp breath and stop insulting people in ooc. Work out your grudges ic as much as you want -we'd all like to see people get shanked in the showers- but stop fouling up this thread. And if you do feel pw was being unfair, calmly explain your grievances in your action or a pm, not ooc shouting.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19123 on: June 30, 2015, 04:09:29 pm »

We're gonna need an extra week between missions for the Mission 20 Meltdown and On-Ship Slugfest.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19124 on: June 30, 2015, 04:12:13 pm »

Eh, I feel he's fully justified in this.
oh, he's fully justified IC, I agree on that. I just think he should calm down here in OOC.
Also, it'd be nice if Snapdragon's shuttle, which has had nothing to do for quite a while now, was able to actually dock sometime.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 2205