Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491839 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18060 on: June 15, 2015, 02:14:03 pm »

I guess I was pretty wise losing points from fate to max out endurance then?
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18061 on: June 15, 2015, 02:16:14 pm »

One can sometimes be confident that they can avoid enemy fire long enough to not need endurance.
Once can never be confident that they can avoid friendly fire long enough to not need endurance.
I plan to just stay behind everyone else. i will probably be the team killer, not the team killed. Who wants to be mah meaty meat shields!
Let me give you a cautionary tale from the AM:
Onrath, The coward, who tried to get through 10 missions by just staying back and hiding. He made it through 8 before someone on his team shot him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18062 on: June 15, 2015, 02:20:46 pm »

Upon reflection of that quote, it never says if the shot was intentional.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18063 on: June 15, 2015, 02:24:34 pm »

I guess I was pretty wise losing points from fate to max out endurance then?

Nah, you are just a bullet sponge for people with higher fate around you.

bad thongs

A mind wedgie?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18064 on: June 15, 2015, 02:25:14 pm »

One can sometimes be confident that they can avoid enemy fire long enough to not need endurance.
Once can never be confident that they can avoid friendly fire long enough to not need endurance.
I plan to just stay behind everyone else. i will probably be the team killer, not the team killed. Who wants to be mah meaty meat shields!
Let me give you a cautionary tale from the AM:
Onrath, The coward, who tried to get through 10 missions by just staying back and hiding. He made it through 8 before someone on his team shot him.
I'll help, I just made this character to be a supporter. I am not meant to tank and take the brunt of the attack. I stay back and heal while also acting like a sniper, sending debris at the enemy along with explosives.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18065 on: June 15, 2015, 02:28:20 pm »

And I'll make sure nobody gets distracted by all that unendurable agony that was only ever going to happen to one person.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18066 on: June 15, 2015, 02:39:11 pm »

Part of Mesk's charred remains were there. A beetle-medicbot was there. Your synthflesh encased braincase was there. So there is a chance that the pyramid is there, since it's alien tech meant to handle high energy that was partially protected by your forcefield.

Don't know if it's worth it though. Maybe Sean can offer a reward...

If allowed to, Anton will offer the reward of a prototype High Energy Assault Suit, with twin integrated PEWs and distributed cooling system, for locating the HEP pyramid artifact and returning it to Heph for further study.

It may have been already studied by R&D, and we already have the HEP as a result of it, but Anton wants to study the underlying physics in more depth, and having the original device instead of just the recreation is bound to be at least of some help.
(though it's probably worth noting that Anton himself is going to stay away from the thing as much as possible, heh. :P)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:40:43 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18067 on: June 15, 2015, 02:57:14 pm »

Or Jason could keep it and have an exo weapon again.  :P

Still need to find it first though.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18068 on: June 15, 2015, 03:10:02 pm »

just try to play it safe. Ask Steve if he can remote control the recovery ship back to the sword. I'd hate for our four permadeaths to be listed at "we can't remember where we put the brains"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18069 on: June 15, 2015, 03:41:23 pm »

You're already in the ship and in a stasis pod. As long as you don't get really unlucky you should be fine, even if your rescuer dies. Unless he accidentally shoots you.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18070 on: June 15, 2015, 03:42:38 pm »

I don't suppose Team Gyromitra has any way to fire conventional weapons out of the shuttle without decompressing and sending everyone flying out? Perhaps in future, we ought to invest in point-defense systems for them.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18071 on: June 15, 2015, 03:44:42 pm »

I don't suppose Team Gyromitra has any way to fire conventional weapons out of the shuttle without decompressing and sending everyone flying out? Perhaps in future, we ought to invest in point-defense systems for them.
surely there would be some rope and duct tape with you.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18072 on: June 15, 2015, 03:45:24 pm »

Seems like incorporating a laser weapon onto the shuttle would be the cheaper and more effective option.  Even a simple rotating top turret would give some options for self defense.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18073 on: June 15, 2015, 03:47:48 pm »

Seems like incorporating a laser weapon onto the shuttle would be the cheaper and more effective option.  Even a simple rotating top turret would give some options for self defense.
That could work quite well for point-defense.

Rope may do the trick if there's something to anchor themselves to. Though that requires Handiwork, so even if there are a few people with it, it may take too much time. Duct tape probably isn't strong enough.

Still at this rate, the Haebi won't even need to hit the ship, they just need to force enough amp or manipulator usage for an overload to occur.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18074 on: June 15, 2015, 03:54:54 pm »

Handiwork! I could help! That's what I put points into rather than weapon skills!
Pages: 1 ... 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 ... 2205