Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491803 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18090 on: June 15, 2015, 10:26:01 pm »

Just saying, but if you guys on Gyomitra team don't want the man shooting the mindfuck gun, you may want to add an action to stop him. Because he hasn't edited it yet.
S'not worth trying to stop him with force, I don't think. I say it's ill-advised (I'm just imagining some shrapnel or turbulence making him rake someone in the shuttle with the damned thing on accident), but his heart's in the right place. Rest of us in the shuttle are just sitting on our hands.

EDIT: I don't see that electricity action going well either, lol.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18091 on: June 15, 2015, 10:46:45 pm »

Well would you rather I taze him with +0 Con, or tell him off with -1 Cha?  :P

No, really, I want your opinion.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18092 on: June 15, 2015, 10:47:11 pm »

Yeah, no, if he hits me or Iveso, who are hanging close to the shuttle, it's bad news all around. And that weapon only has a range of what, 10 meters? Those things are still far away, so shooting literally won't do anything but potentially spell disaster right now.

If allowed to, Anton will offer the reward of a prototype High Energy Assault Suit, with twin integrated PEWs and distributed cooling system, for locating the HEP pyramid artifact and returning it to Heph for further study.

Hmm. He only has 9 tokens, so he can't buy and gift one. Prototypes are divided by the team fund, and I'm not sure if suit variants should get a prototype in the first place (though, if approved, it'd be a much more expensive item, so it might work out).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:20:22 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18093 on: June 15, 2015, 11:21:27 pm »

Well would you rather I taze him with +0 Con, or tell him off with -1 Cha?  :P

No, really, I want your opinion.
I'd rather you didn't do either, but actually talk to him instead of telling him off. You'd be downright amazed how far that can get you sometimes.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18094 on: June 15, 2015, 11:23:00 pm »

Ask Steve to shock him unconscious if he won't back down and still tries to use it.
I really don't like actions like this. Don't be the fun police!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18095 on: June 15, 2015, 11:26:40 pm »

Ask Steve to shock him unconscious if he won't back down and still tries to use it.
I really don't like actions like this. Don't be the fun police!

I don't either, but it's in case dorsidwarf doesn't get back on before the turn is processed. Talking to people doesn't do jack shit if their player isn't there. The other mission has ended, ours won't be far behind. Hell, we left 1 turn after them I think, and are about as heavily loaded.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:28:39 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18096 on: June 15, 2015, 11:39:31 pm »

so, how do i know if my character is accepted?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18097 on: June 15, 2015, 11:47:19 pm »

Truth be told, the place to post your charsheet is actually the On Ship thread; at least has been so historically (and even though it can be argued it's slightly more logical to post it here, Piecewise might simply miss it here, among all the debates, OOC silliness and various chatter; this is very unlikely to happen in the On Ship thread).
Piecewise reviews the sheet then and approves it, and from there on you exit the stasis pod and can wander around the ship, do stuff, and wait for the next missions to come.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18098 on: June 15, 2015, 11:54:38 pm »

so, how do i know if my character is accepted?
It shows up on the wiki :P

Go post it on the On Ship thread. Team Wiki (sometimes) waits until they show up there, as people sometimes ask for suggestions from the OOC thread and we'd rather minimize the wiki edits.

Once it's there, you can start posting immediately, without waiting for PW. At this point in the game's lifecycle, PW relies on the wiki team to deal with all the horrible housekeeping of his game, so we do a lot of the stat vetting, and there otherwise isn't a lot that he would complain about with a character. If you'd like him to do the full on intro, post something to that effect as an action.
If there are any errors in the sheet (there aren't, in the last version you posted), someone on Team Wiki will notify you and ask for a correction.

Truth be told, the place to post your charsheet is actually the On Ship thread; at least has been so historically (and even though it can be argued it's slightly more logical to post it here, Piecewise might simply miss it here, among all the debates, OOC silliness and various chatter; this is very unlikely to happen in the On Ship thread).
Piecewise reviews the sheet then and approves it, and from there on you exit the stasis pod and can wander around the ship, do stuff, and wait for the next missions to come.
I'm going to pretend you don't exist, snipey post. :P

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18099 on: June 16, 2015, 12:13:11 am »

thank you. moving to the on ship thread now. By the way, that IS the "Ping Pong Massacre" thread? The link in the OP directs me there.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18100 on: June 16, 2015, 12:19:48 am »

@Ozarck Yep, it's the Ping Pong Massacre (currently) thread. "Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Ping Pong Massacre" one, to be precise.

@Kriellya As you wish, O Gnome Lord; I'm merely being obsolete and living in the past as if it were present. Your Lordship might wish to try it sometime, for it is truly enjoyable and incites all the interesting reactions in other people.  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18101 on: June 16, 2015, 01:31:30 am »

thank you. moving to the on ship thread now. By the way, that IS the "Ping Pong Massacre" thread? The link in the OP directs me there.

Just to confirm: Your character is a "criminal" who was doomed to live in die in HMRC?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: June 16, 2015, 01:34:26 am »

I called it a clerical error that got him there, but yeah, he's not there voluntarily.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18103 on: June 16, 2015, 11:32:05 am »

The wall of remembrance now has 30 people listed on it! Lets shoot for 50, everyone!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: June 16, 2015, 12:01:27 pm »

The wall of remembrance now has 30 people listed on it! Lets shoot for 50, everyone!
Feels like a perverse Kickstarter of a sort. "We've reached the goal of detailed gory deaths for everyone! Now let's get to 50 for frequent TPKs and the special scenario of Steve venting the quarters!"

Look for HEP pyramid. If I don't find it, shine suit lamps around at the debris and ask Steve to analyze the feed to check for any reflections off the pyramid. If the lights attract Mesk's bugs, get back to the shuttle carefully but quickly. If at any point I find the pyramid, scoop it into an artifact container and get back to the shuttle carefully.
You look around for the pyramid for several minutes, combing the area near mesk. You finally find it over by what might have been mesk's arm at one point. Or maybe just some charcoal briquettes. You reach out to grab it and it immediately "Latches" onto your arm with invisible force and proceeds to spin a few times, crunching, mulching and generally ruining your right hand and arm. Ow.
Here comes the second Milnoburger! You're truly a lucky person, sir, to be able to share this experience with one of the greatest heroes of our age! I envy you.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 2205