Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491964 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17415 on: June 01, 2015, 11:04:43 am »

((Well, stuff breaks, people die. That was kinda fun. Tell Saint his HRB worked marvellous though.))

He died a good death, fighting the alien menace and perishing in combat. They will welcome him in Valhalla with open arms!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17416 on: June 01, 2015, 11:14:19 am »

R.I.P. Yaroslav.
He died as he lived, flying around stabbing things and managing to be more useful than most.

Re: Rescue shuttles: ooh ooh ooh, can I drive?! I'm good at driving things! Kinda. When they don't explode.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17417 on: June 01, 2015, 11:21:28 am »

Yeah, Yaroslav was MVP. Honored dead or saint, for sure. Glad I didn't get the chance to tell you to take me with you, though, heh.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17418 on: June 01, 2015, 11:29:51 am »

If this thing is resistant to most anything now, it'll be a good idea for Lars to put the PEW into Final Shot mode. Once the coldplates are out, the uncooled HEP-mode firing once a minute is not going to help you, might as well slag the weapon and give the shot more oomph.

Better aim straight down its length though. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17419 on: June 01, 2015, 11:50:51 am »

why is the stealth ship destroyed D:

i would have thought its near absolute immunity to heat and radiation coupled with its single shot resistance to kinetic impact the lack of nuclear shockwave would have allowed it to survive basically unscathed...

pick me up a few pieces of hexplate for the pill machine?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17420 on: June 01, 2015, 03:26:15 pm »

The voidship probably wasn't armored for combat.  Even a paper thin layer of hexsand will render you basically invisible, so there's little reason to use more of the expensive material.

Besides, a massive cache of nukes just went off right next to it.  A half-inch of hexsand can survive a hit from a gauss rifle, but a gauss rifle is an airsoft toy compared to nuke propelled shrapnel.  The sheer kinetic energy could have eviscerated the ship alone.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #17421 on: June 01, 2015, 03:40:47 pm »

((Well, stuff breaks, people die. That was kinda fun. Tell Saint his HRB worked marvellous though.))

He died a good death, fighting the alien menace and perishing in combat. They will welcome him in Valhalla with open arms!

Is it just a coincidence that I'm just back from movie theater where I saw Mad Max?

Anyway, good game, everyone. I'll write up another char in a day or two nope I have no patience. I like this game.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:04:40 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17422 on: June 01, 2015, 04:19:28 pm »

GG, Comrade. I am glad you are willing to rise again despite this sad event, and I wish that your next character makes it to the endgame of ER.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17423 on: June 01, 2015, 04:20:53 pm »

Huh. How are we gonna get Radio attached to the shuttle? That doesn't seem like it'd be a quick process when you look at the timeframes we're working with, especially since I imagine he'd need some kind of assistance with it.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17424 on: June 01, 2015, 04:22:00 pm »

I think there's a separate shuttle for him and one for Iveso, maybe one of those waiting in orbit (original extraction plan).

You guys have a couple turns before you're down, so you'll have the chance to ask pw everything you need to know to save our asses.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17425 on: June 01, 2015, 05:21:48 pm »

Are MCP-III's available, or have they not been invented yet?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17426 on: June 01, 2015, 06:45:56 pm »

Are MCP-III's available, or have they not been invented yet?
Nope, not yet; there is actually not much that we could improve over Mk III right now (and if you're looking for the counter-pressure feature above all else, there will be 0-token CP 'underwear' for use with old Mk suits very soon, probably with the next shipment). ...But you can actually help us with that by suggesting what you would want from a top-tier personal suit! (It might be included in MCP-III or perhaps eventual MCP-IV.)

Self-sealing suits tech might be coming soon too, by the way. Now that might bring the MCP-III release quite closer, being one of the new important features.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #17427 on: June 01, 2015, 08:30:42 pm »

Why is it not better to wait for the shuttle to touch down before cutting?  Is it correct that it will take them several turns to reach us?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17428 on: June 01, 2015, 11:06:57 pm »

Because you'll have to deal with organized resistance, possibly including an AA defense, all the way up to the shuttle's arrival.

Honestly it's probably even odds which is worse. An organized 'shroom offensive, or a giagantic mass of uncontrollable mushrooms going everywhere.

Nunzillor

« Reply #17429 on: June 01, 2015, 11:23:04 pm »

Fair enough.  I'm not sure why I assumed an organized assault would be easier to defend against, but I can see it both ways.  I guess I thought it would be more predictable/consistent.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:30:51 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 2205