Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492169 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17370 on: May 28, 2015, 12:12:37 pm »

((Hey volunteering peeps, while I appreciate the gesture, it's probably better if the majority of rescuers go to team Snapdragon, since they've suffered the most casualties so far, and presently also appear to be in the most immediate danger.))
Yes, but you also have the mission critical item.

True, but will more low level people help us protect it much better? If I wrap that thing in my cloak for protection, I'm not sure if putting more bodies between it and the aliens will matter that much. But it also probably won't hurt either, so there's that.

Plus, if there' more folks at snapdragon, the haebi response will be much less drastic when we -do- cut the brain cluster free :D

And I'm pretty sure perplexicon and ER take place in the same universe

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17371 on: May 28, 2015, 12:25:03 pm »

This is canon, actually. HMRC Pantheon is the spellbook of Perplexicon in the future.

Reading through some of the older posts, a horrible thought came to my mind. What if the text in the Pantheon book was redacted not of religious reasons, but of pragmatic ones instead?
-snip-
...and thus the book is more of a, eh, spellbook of a sort than a means of keeping the faith between 'generations' of 'Corpsmen?
You got me. Perplexicon is actually post end game ER.

@Toaster Sorry, never played the original game, and never found the courage and determination to read through out it; cannot really comment on your plan.

@Nyartifacts Does anyone else find it peculiar that "tags" suffix-strings were not revealed this time?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17372 on: May 28, 2015, 01:13:49 pm »

Is it just me or does the introduction of the healing potions spray things seem to make medics kinf of... un-useful?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17373 on: May 28, 2015, 01:39:17 pm »

I choose... the "Friable Wish"!/b]

Because once you've gone unprepared on a dangerous mission with the only knowing how to use weapons that hardly anybody knows how to use, you'd better liquidate your assets while you still can.

Be careful that doesn't become "Liquidise your assets". It's a possibility with Nyars artefacts.

Or even "Liquidise your ass". That's very possible as well.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17374 on: May 28, 2015, 02:30:03 pm »

This is canon, actually. HMRC Pantheon is the spellbook of Perplexicon in the future.

Reading through some of the older posts, a horrible thought came to my mind. What if the text in the Pantheon book was redacted not of religious reasons, but of pragmatic ones instead?
-snip-
...and thus the book is more of a, eh, spellbook of a sort than a means of keeping the faith between 'generations' of 'Corpsmen?
You got me. Perplexicon is actually post end game ER.

@Toaster Sorry, never played the original game, and never found the courage and determination to read through out it; cannot really comment on your plan.

@Nyartifacts Does anyone else find it peculiar that "tags" suffix-strings were not revealed this time?
No. I just straight up forgot

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17375 on: May 28, 2015, 03:17:52 pm »

CHI-SSB-Po2918
ICH-MP-AP-Po2828
ICH-HA-FO-Uj309
UCH-BDH-MC-Ne253
CNI-MS-Xo21

Anyone else think the last set look like atomic symbols and numbers?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17376 on: May 28, 2015, 05:13:25 pm »

Irrelevant: Hoverboard
That guy reminds me of an ER tinkerer. "Want a hoverboard? Oh, I'll just slap these two quadrocopters together and ride them." Which would actually be very easy to do with ER tech.

Also, I find it funny how people are worrying about their team assignments when they don't even know what exactly their missions involve. Because if the plan is what I think the plan is, then they might want to rethink either their choices or the plan.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17377 on: May 28, 2015, 09:04:35 pm »

Has anyone done a horror RTD or similar game where one player plays as the villain while the other players attempt to survive/escape/kill them?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17378 on: May 28, 2015, 09:51:04 pm »

No, but I know a few board games in that vein. Betrayal at House on the Hill is a particular favorite of mine.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17379 on: May 28, 2015, 10:27:28 pm »

Has anyone done a horror RTD or similar game where one player plays as the villain while the other players attempt to survive/escape/kill them?
not an RTD
first time playing is terrifying, later on once you fully understand the mechanics it becomes hilarious, especially if you are on VOIP with someone who IS a first-time player.

the above really is what makes such a thing horrifying, not understanding what it is that is hunting you, how it works, and what it can and can't do. toss in an inability to directly harm it and trap yourself in an enclosed space with the thing, and you have a great recipe.

it's very important that your "villan" have a firm grasp of the gameplay mechanics, or the game kinda fails. it's better to have a skilled murderer than skilled survivors. the screams of the confused inept terrified survivors dying helps inspire the proper environment for such a game.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17380 on: May 28, 2015, 10:42:18 pm »

Yes. There was one where one player played as a serial killer and the other as the screaming teenagers he murders. Another where the player was the haunted house vs the rest. And more, but don't remember the details exactly.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17381 on: May 29, 2015, 12:33:52 am »

Is it just me or does the introduction of the healing potions spray things seem to make medics kinf of... un-useful?
It really only works if the injury doesn't affect vital/delicate organs, so it seems more of a case of letting people whining about fleshwounds whilst the medics brutally murder patch up the more serious injuries than a magical cancer spray taking everyone's jobs. Plus I imagine it's a way to give meatsacks something to avoid bleeding to death with to help balance them against the fact that robots have no blood to lose at all.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17382 on: May 29, 2015, 12:41:42 am »

It really only works if the injury doesn't affect vital/delicate organs, so it seems more of a case of letting people whining about fleshwounds whilst the medics brutally murder patch up the more serious injuries than a magical cancer spray taking everyone's jobs. Plus I imagine it's a way to give meatsacks something to avoid bleeding to death with to help balance them against the fact that robots have no blood to lose at all.
I mean, It's seemed to help my lungs some.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17383 on: May 29, 2015, 12:44:55 am »

It blocked the hole in your lungs but grew some additional tissue straight through it making it equally difficult to breathe. So only good thing it did was stopping bleeding. And you need additional medical attention as soon as you get back to the Sword.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17384 on: May 29, 2015, 12:53:39 am »

Sounds like the best possible outcome really.
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 2205