Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494576 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17190 on: May 21, 2015, 09:06:41 pm »

So here I am, having some delicious tropical viral hepatitis since Thursday, full of fever, body pains and headaches. I help a DH game take off with some nudging and come the 19th the fevers are gone but the headaches get even worse. I don't check ER, post a lot less and decide to focus on taking meds and on the feeling of my brain being hit over and over with burning needles.

The headaches seem more manageable today, I go to work, post a little more and decide to check ER tonight. Welp. I have no idea how a mission can be so readily snatched from the jaws of victory despite the warnings of Milno against it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17191 on: May 21, 2015, 09:06:59 pm »

Well that was really, REALLY bad D=
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:08:49 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17192 on: May 21, 2015, 09:32:31 pm »

Sorry to hear about your illness, Cael.

Also sorry about the mission, but none of us trusted whatever was behind there to not bite us in the ass later if we left it alone.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17193 on: May 21, 2015, 09:35:21 pm »

I've got a lobby up, if anyone wants to play!

http://pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=179

Password is x.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17194 on: May 21, 2015, 09:43:09 pm »

Also sorry about the mission, but none of us trusted whatever was behind there to not bite us in the ass later if we left it alone.

It's ok, but I wish I had been here to at least stop the team so we could think things over for a while longer. I think that if some more thought had been put into it people would probably have come up with a better plan. Or at least the same action would have been performed in the end but I'd have a clean conscience because I was here.

And since Thad was the one with a line to Milno, he's the one losing his head.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17195 on: May 21, 2015, 09:48:14 pm »

Already lost it. In my (meager) defense Thad sent a message to Milno asking for help. Got no response, so I went with the suggestions from the other vets on the team. Didn't think to PM you, that was my bad. Anyways, hope you're feeling better!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17196 on: May 21, 2015, 10:47:16 pm »

And we're done.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17197 on: May 21, 2015, 11:07:17 pm »

Fuck. We would've been better off just leaving the ship and not trying to find any extra loot, wouldn't we?
Relax, not everything's lost yet. Unless pw pulls a serious "rocks fall everyone dies" here, we'll still have a chance to sacrifice ourselves for the greater good.
Do you now regret saying this? =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17198 on: May 21, 2015, 11:17:11 pm »

WAY to b edone doam m]t
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17199 on: May 21, 2015, 11:21:17 pm »

?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17200 on: May 21, 2015, 11:23:16 pm »

!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17201 on: May 21, 2015, 11:24:12 pm »

~
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17202 on: May 21, 2015, 11:34:10 pm »

It's ok, but I wish I had been here to at least stop the team so we could think things over for a while longer. I think that if some more thought had been put into it people would probably have come up with a better plan. Or at least the same action would have been performed in the end but I'd have a clean conscience because I was here.
Yeah, we were a bit mindless there. I think part of the problem was letting our guard down because the mission was easy and supposedly over, part was not thinking outside the box enough, and part was deferral of responsibility due to having a clear command structure. If I'd really sat down and thought okay, this is a UWM deathship orbiting a deathfungus deathworld, two people just panicked from Intuition rolls, if anything at all goes wrong we're all going to die in space and/or hell, what do I personally think is a decision I can feel confidently was the right one even if it gets literally everyone killed... I probably would not have said "Iunno, let's open the door."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17203 on: May 22, 2015, 12:28:18 am »

So, does Mesk get Sainted?

Oh and can we recruit the little girl now that he's dead?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17204 on: May 22, 2015, 12:33:15 am »

Was it mesk or milno the piwer sphere hated? Im thinking it was milno.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 2205