Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492519 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #17040 on: May 15, 2015, 04:15:46 pm »

I'm in the process of planning my own game right now (set to happen soonTM) so I'm bad at paying attention to LPs but I'll happily watch if I remember to.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17041 on: May 15, 2015, 04:21:28 pm »

How many people actually listen to my LP's and such? I'm thinking of grabbing a better microphone with some money I got for the upcoming birthday, because the current one is just a gaming headset that sounds pretty bad. Or I should say, if I released more videos, would people watch them?

I've listened to each one thus far, rather liking the whole obscure game angle.
I liked them
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17042 on: May 15, 2015, 04:34:04 pm »

How many people actually listen to my LP's and such? I'm thinking of grabbing a better microphone with some money I got for the upcoming birthday, because the current one is just a gaming headset that sounds pretty bad. Or I should say, if I released more videos, would people watch them?
Well I do watch those, but as for the last one, it wasn't the microphone quality that caused some discomfort but the fact that music was too loud over your voice, I barely heard what you said sometimes.
Combination of crappy mic and some sound mixing problems.

Looks like I'll get a mic then.

And play some zenoclash

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17043 on: May 15, 2015, 05:16:40 pm »

I've watched them (or half watched-half listened as I did something else) and although I can hear and understand you OK, I think you could use a better mic for better quality. Don't know if it's just me but it feels like low frequencies are hard to hear. Maybe also check the settings in whatever program you use to make sure it's recording with good quality and maybe up the recording volume to make it harder for your voice to be obscured by the music/sound effects.

Replace brain for a fresh one (the better one, of exceptional quality). Ask Steve what it means when the red line on the eeg tarts to wiggle. Then continue digging. If possible, use my legs to push the avatar body against the walls of the pit so that, when the cavern is breached, I won't fall down. Try to male sure only a little bit of slag will fall down.
Also, small question, if I wanna cut that brainstem using my monorazor naginata, would that still be uncon? Is there any way it'd become a handi roll?

"I'm almost there troopers, stay frosty. "

You don't have a good brain. You used one to stop the bombardment. It's just that you didn't update your cheat sheet.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17044 on: May 15, 2015, 05:25:17 pm »

I subscribed so that I miss one.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17045 on: May 15, 2015, 05:26:47 pm »

I should, I think. The action to swap a brain never went through due to mindscrew granting no action, and it's been about 8 turns since then, which is a lot of time for the brain to rest.

@lp's: I kinda think they're too long. Maybe at least split up the vids?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17046 on: May 15, 2015, 06:04:59 pm »

I should, I think. The action to swap a brain never went through due to mindscrew granting no action, and it's been about 8 turns since then, which is a lot of time for the brain to rest.
I'm certain brains don't recharge until the end of the mission, but I can't find the quote right now. Maybe I'm misremembering or maybe it was said in IRC when we didn't had the logs. I'll ask piecewise if I get the opportunity and clarify that.

Note to self: Write important manip info to the wiki from here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135884.msg6134683#msg6134683
Also, ask if you can hook up your own brain to a manip device and use it as a manipulator.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17047 on: May 15, 2015, 06:11:07 pm »

Do it as Maurice suggested to you already, man! Get the brains drunk and then forcibly de-tox them! Nothing can possibly go wrong on that path!  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17048 on: May 15, 2015, 10:40:49 pm »

I'm back on IRC.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17049 on: May 16, 2015, 12:46:12 pm »

Land, let Han go. Then come closer to dead starfish and take a chunk of its carapace for future study.

Hey, good initiative.  My first thought upon reading the turn was that I should ask someone to grab some of that thing's armor, in case we could learn something from it.  Thanks for doing that!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17050 on: May 16, 2015, 12:50:54 pm »

It just might to revive itself. Be careful, Comrade.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #17051 on: May 16, 2015, 12:53:39 pm »

Now pray I get back in one piece, because I now have that precious example AND prototype on my hands.

It just might to revive itself. Be careful, Comrade.

That is why I'm burning it down early in my action.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17052 on: May 16, 2015, 01:04:12 pm »

Land, let Han go. Then come closer to dead starfish and take a chunk of its carapace for future study.

Hey, good initiative.  My first thought upon reading the turn was that I should ask someone to grab some of that thing's armor, in case we could learn something from it.  Thanks for doing that!

When I heckled pw about not getting any acid worm samples, he said we should be able to recreate it (and more) if we got an intact brain back. Still can't hurt to have more samples though!
Still, you might wanna make sure you're not too far behind gyromitra team, in case we'll only have one window for extraction.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17053 on: May 16, 2015, 02:21:35 pm »

@Mission 19: Perhaps you should try thinking outside the box to find a way to deal with the insides of the locked box.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17054 on: May 16, 2015, 02:26:25 pm »

@Mission 19: Perhaps you should try thinking outside the box to find a way to deal with the insides of the locked box.
Guys. Listen, guys. I've got this idea alright? Guys. We take Dubley. Guys, listen. We take Dubley, and tape him to a long stick. Then we open the door from afar. Guys, we open the door from afar and stick Dubley in. Then we pull him out again and check the results.
Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 2205