Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 [1133] 1134 1135 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492584 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16980 on: May 13, 2015, 05:20:45 pm »

Welp, time to make a new character sheet! And I'm so terrible at names.
Perhaps a bit of uncon this time...
Hey, are Gene-Mods still allowed in UWM controlled worlds? I don't mean any big stuff, just minor things, like changing skin colour or helping eyesight, is that legal?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16981 on: May 13, 2015, 05:25:04 pm »

You're not permadead, yet. Your character might make it back to the ship to be revived.

For backup purposes, I think things like that are allowed on some worlds, yeah.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16982 on: May 13, 2015, 08:52:26 pm »

Given Mission 8 as reference, only very obvious genemodding (Lyra, Cog, Xan when he had his abilities) would catch heat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16983 on: May 13, 2015, 09:11:43 pm »

I believe I asked about this in ancient times, and the answer I got was that there was scattered technically-illegal-but-screw-you genemodding in some areas, and a few places had heritable gene mods that were left over from attempts at superhumaning themselves prior to the Altered fiasco.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16984 on: May 13, 2015, 10:33:38 pm »

Probably late to ask this, considering I already bought it... But does anyone know whether there's any substantial difference between Gus' newly-purchased "'X3" Civilian Gauss Rifle" and the standard ARM version?

I'm thinking Gus is going to try to convert the thing into a "sawed off" Gauss, for better concealment. That might just break it, but that's ok.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16985 on: May 13, 2015, 10:55:32 pm »

Simus made it from 3 civilian gauss rifles grafted together.
It shoots a smaller calibre than standard gauss rifle but at a higher velocity, so it's slightly better against armoured targets and worse against unarmoured.

Sawing off a gauss rifle probably isn't smart, since it would reduce the power and accuracy. Concealment isn't a major concern unless you're doing black ops, and black ops tends to get whatever they need for free.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16986 on: May 13, 2015, 11:27:07 pm »

...Hm. Handiwork+medicine would make for a nasty tinkerer.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16987 on: May 13, 2015, 11:33:18 pm »

It shoots a smaller calibre than standard gauss rifle but at a higher velocity, so it's slightly better against armoured targets and worse against unarmoured.

Sawing off a gauss rifle probably isn't smart, since it would reduce the power and accuracy. Concealment isn't a major concern unless you're doing black ops, and black ops tends to get whatever they need for free.

This is less of a "this is a fantastic idea" idea, and more of a "I feel like trying this and my character is stupid" idea.

...Hm. Handiwork+medicine would make for a nasty tinkerer.

When you say "nasty", how do you mean it? As in "awesome", or literal nasty?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16988 on: May 13, 2015, 11:34:35 pm »

I imagine it's a step into fucking with biology and making genemods (if allowed by the all-mighty PW). Weird and new ways to utilize or destroy flesh.

So, both kinds of nasty. Awesome-nasty and nasty-nasty.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16989 on: May 13, 2015, 11:35:09 pm »

As in a 'this would likely create techno-horrors if progressed upon long enough' type.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16990 on: May 14, 2015, 12:33:13 am »

This is less of a "this is a fantastic idea" idea, and more of a "I feel like trying this and my character is stupid" idea.
Can't argue with that. Go for it.
Sawing it off would make it easier to use one handed, which is a moderate advantage.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16991 on: May 14, 2015, 04:29:22 am »

Please remember that Gauss rifles are still rail(or specifically coil)guns, and that even the UWM ones are firing a big chunk of metal at hypersonic speeds.
 I don't know what the triple-civilian one would do, but I'm fairly sure that firing the ARM gauss rifle one-handed will result in making you one-handed.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16992 on: May 14, 2015, 08:11:21 am »

Please remember that Gauss rifles are still rail(or specifically coil)guns, and that even the UWM ones are firing a big chunk of metal at hypersonic speeds.
 I don't know what the triple-civilian one would do, but I'm fairly sure that firing the ARM gauss rifle one-handed will result in making you one-handed.
I imagine it like a triple barreled shotgun to be honest. Just one that only fires three AP slugs at once. Of course, I just have an odd fetish for shotguns I suppose.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16993 on: May 14, 2015, 09:09:10 am »

Also, the X3 is three times as long as a standard Gauss rifle. It's the coils of three separate civilian Gauss rifles attached one after the other, to get the smaller slug up to speeds where it does similar damage compared to the more powerful military grade Gauss rifle. Sawing it off to the point it's more easily concealable would make it about as weak as a civilian Gauss pistol. You might as well just get one of those, instead.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16994 on: May 14, 2015, 09:22:37 am »

I imagine it like a triple barreled shotgun to be honest. Just one that only fires three AP slugs at once. Of course, I just have an odd fetish for shotguns I suppose.
it is a single-barreled rifle with an absurdly long barrel. it only fires one shot at a time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 [1133] 1134 1135 ... 2205