Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492575 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16965 on: May 12, 2015, 03:44:06 am »

medical procedures.

Riiiiight.
That is kinda like going 'I'm gonna do science on you.' It gives the impression of a naive kid, wielding something incredibly dangerous with no idea as to what it does.
Course, that is kinda the motto for ER, so whatever.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16966 on: May 12, 2015, 03:49:47 am »

medical procedures.

Riiiiight.
Yeah, Xan has to learn how to actually perform surgery and stuff, not just feel his way through it if he's going to be of use in the field.
I love IC justifications for doing morally questionable things.

medical procedures.

Riiiiight.
That is kinda like going 'I'm gonna do science on you.' It gives the impression of a naive kid, wielding something incredibly dangerous with no idea as to what it does.
Course, that is kinda the motto for ER, so whatever.
To be fair, that's kinda what Xan is with medicine - all his knowledge is based off of where organs are and such from his shapeshifting experiences.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16967 on: May 12, 2015, 04:35:55 am »

Were all his organs in the same places as a normal person?

"What's this squishy thing here? What do you mean that's your heart? It's supposed to be in your right thigh!"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16968 on: May 12, 2015, 04:38:48 am »

Not always, but he did be kinda human for a while so I assume he knows how to do it - even if his brain was in his chest, leg, arm, or colon depending on when it was.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16969 on: May 12, 2015, 05:06:54 am »

On a completely unrelated note, anyone wanna play doctor with Xan?
Don't you mean Doctor?
It's like a kid playing with his daddy's work tools, trying to imitate him... if said tools consisted of scalpels, high powered drugs and flesh warping concoctions belonging to an eldritch abomination.

I like the way Xan is RPing this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16970 on: May 12, 2015, 05:27:28 am »

Don't you mean Doctor?
It's like a kid playing with his daddy's work tools, trying to imitate him... if said tools consisted of scalpels, high powered drugs and flesh warping concoctions belonging to an eldritch abomination.

Pretty much.
Of course in order to complete the parallels I'm going to have to go meditate on a mountain for several decades in order to increase my mental ability at some point.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16971 on: May 12, 2015, 06:03:41 am »

Don't you mean Doctor?

Pretty much.
Of course in order to complete the parallels I'm going to have to go meditate on a mountain for several decades in order to increase my mental ability at some point.
Just catalyze another groping pile and sit ontop of it, smoking a bluesmoke.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16972 on: May 12, 2015, 06:12:26 am »

The jeep thing is a good, if peculiar, example: If all you needed was a single robot overlord, the jeeps wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

That's kinda the ugly question though: if the teams had only been robot overlords and a couple normal peeps who could ride on top of them, would the mission have gone that much differently till now for (or, at least, for gyromitra)? Hell, one reason I created that perimeter and told them to 'hold the line' while I dig is because it's a perfect opportunity for pw to send some actual enemies at them and give them something to shoot at and be helpful. Cause for now, the most work by newbie chards has been done by drivers (ferrying newbs around) and medics (healing people, mostly newbs).
I think it would have. Recall that the Haebi adapt to whatever's messing with them, so keeping a bunch of fleshy squishies is probably helping the overlords tank a lot better than it looks like. I'd agree that the newbs haven't been as useful as they could have been, and I'd agree that this is a really tough mission to be underequipped and underskilled in, but I do think having a certain mass of bodies and variety of forms is important.

As an example, recall that most of the murder has been directed at newbies and their succulent jeeps. If they weren't there, presumably the planet wouldn't be bothering with beartraps and jeep-eaters and would instead be pinpointing the fatasses with fatass-melting acid and so on. Or at least, I'd assume a robot overlord or two wouldn't have faced the exact same responses; it's obviously hard to tell without trying it out.

I dunno. Most things we encountered so far have been anti big robot (eg acid worms) or pretty universal in destructive power (missiles, mindfuck). Only recently we have encountered ground attacks and such. Even if you're right, that'd mean they are glorified meatshields helping out by being so weak, the planet takes pity and doesn't try so hard to murder us  :P

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16973 on: May 12, 2015, 06:22:14 am »

Don't you mean Doctor?

Pretty much.
Just catalyze another groping pile and sit ontop of it, smoking a bluesmoke.
Eh, blue smokes decrease survival instinct. Not something I wanna go for.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16974 on: May 12, 2015, 10:46:13 am »

Pretty much.

Since thanks to time dilation, doing so is actually somewhat feasible, I wonder what would happen if you asked to be let off somewhere to "practice" medicine for a mission's duration.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16975 on: May 13, 2015, 04:47:41 am »

I think it would have. Recall that the Haebi adapt to whatever's messing with them, so keeping a bunch of fleshy squishies is probably helping the overlords tank a lot better than it looks like. I'd agree that the newbs haven't been as useful as they could have been, and I'd agree that this is a really tough mission to be underequipped and underskilled in, but I do think having a certain mass of bodies and variety of forms is important.

As an example, recall that most of the murder has been directed at newbies and their succulent jeeps. If they weren't there, presumably the planet wouldn't be bothering with beartraps and jeep-eaters and would instead be pinpointing the fatasses with fatass-melting acid and so on. Or at least, I'd assume a robot overlord or two wouldn't have faced the exact same responses; it's obviously hard to tell without trying it out.

I dunno. Most things we encountered so far have been anti big robot (eg acid worms) or pretty universal in destructive power (missiles, mindfuck). Only recently we have encountered ground attacks and such. Even if you're right, that'd mean they are glorified meatshields helping out by being so weak, the planet takes pity and doesn't try so hard to murder us  :P
A lot of the stuff has been literally the ground trying to kill something squishy, and most of the rest has been, at the very least, more focused on something unarmored than armored. The worms were definitely an exception.

But my reasoning is that if the planet tries to kill you and half-succeeds, it's going to try again. If it tries to kill you and the attempt fails miserably, it's going to realize it needs to try something more powerful. Presumably that's why it bothered with acid worms and beetle herds and mindrape eventually.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16976 on: May 13, 2015, 06:37:14 am »

We had braincases on the AP mission. I think Auron tried to take one apart to see how it worked. We could have turned someone full robot, but you had to rely on Mesk or another medic to do it, not the auto-success back on the Sword.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16977 on: May 13, 2015, 02:18:11 pm »

At least I don't have to worry about posting actions now, since I'm incidentally going on trip tomorrow. I swear I don't know where pw lives, don't worry.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16978 on: May 13, 2015, 04:18:28 pm »

I dunno why, but that starfish thing reminds me of that starfish pokemon for some reason. You know the brown one with the red thing in the centre. Can't remember its name right now.

@kisame: We did? Maybe they got destroyed when the crystalthing procreated and that's why I don't remember them.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16979 on: May 13, 2015, 04:40:58 pm »

I dunno why, but that starfish thing reminds me of that starfish pokemon for some reason. You know the brown one with the red thing in the centre. Can't remember its name right now.

@kisame: We did? Maybe they got destroyed when the crystalthing procreated and that's why I don't remember them.
Staryu
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 2205