Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494136 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16770 on: May 05, 2015, 07:02:23 am »

In other news, is that game of your still a thing?
Please be, I wanna crush some bitches

[puts on trashtalk hat]

You gon' get crumped sonny boy!
I'm just... No good at doing that, but I am getting better, last time that happened I left the forum for... about a month, give or take a week.
But yhea, I just can't get through the self imposed nitpicks, so I probably won't be returning to it.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16771 on: May 05, 2015, 07:06:03 am »

In other news, is that game of your still a thing?
Please be, I wanna crush some bitches

[puts on trashtalk hat]

You gon' get crumped sonny boy!
I'm just... No good at doing that, but I am getting better, last time that happened I left the forum for... about a month, give or take a week.
But yhea, I just can't get through the self imposed nitpicks, so I probably won't be returning to it.
awwwww. I was enjoying it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16772 on: May 05, 2015, 07:08:19 am »

*Snip*
I'll... Try, it's just tough to get through the wall of 'YOU'RE SHIT' that kinda piles up.
Still, not yet, it's 10PM over here, I might try tomorrow.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16773 on: May 05, 2015, 10:26:52 am »

*Snip*
I'll... Try, it's just tough to get through the wall of 'YOU'RE SHIT' that kinda piles up.
Still, not yet, it's 10PM over here, I might try tomorrow.

What wall? The wall of players that enjoy the game, evidenced by their continued posting? Sure, it might not be absolutely perfect, but it's fun, and that's what matters.

But of course, only continue if you feel like it and still enjoy it yourself.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16774 on: May 05, 2015, 10:41:09 am »

Due to my recent exploits in OpenXCOM, I kinda want to see something like ER:Idiot Defense. :P
A sort of a typical XCOM mission with ER rookies and ER rookie gear.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16775 on: May 05, 2015, 10:55:36 am »

Due to my recent exploits in OpenXCOM, I kinda want to see something like ER:Idiot Defense. :P
So, ER without space travel?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16776 on: May 05, 2015, 11:28:48 am »

So, ER without space travel?
Among other things. ER without space travel, without Steve, without backup orbital bombardments. Just you, a technologically superior enemy, and a near-unending supply of raw recruits.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16777 on: May 05, 2015, 11:55:51 am »

GO with team leader. USe stealthskin and cameyes to pop my head into unlocked rooms and sweep them. Crush robutts that attack us with mass amp.
I imagine that as a broom, floating around on its own and sweeping any dirt it finds. With zero G causing the dust to float around forever.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16778 on: May 05, 2015, 01:00:34 pm »

You leave me with a difficult choice UP.  I don't think the shock against you was a good shock. It struck me as too harsh a reaction to fit the crime, and it seems to have been motivated at least partially by OOC content which should NEVER effect the game. However, you also spent a long time arguing with people and these threads have been divided by the questions brought up; which, if I remove the implant, sets the unfortunate precedent that you get whatever you want via screaming.

So. Here's whats gonna happen.

First, you're keeping that implant in your skull. Which isn't the problem in the long run, is it? You don't mind having the implant, you just don't want shock happy players to be able to kill every action they don't agree with. Which I can accept. So, in lieu of removing that implant I'm going to instead set down a specific set of criteria for how and to what degree a player may be shocked.  And while steve won't be bound to this because he's steve and he might feel like making everyone do the seizure dance for his own amusement some day, it will prevent would be middle managers from middle managing your brain out your eye sockets at their whim.  The shock button should be used ONLY when the player poses a clear and present in character threat of badly fucking over the mission or killing his own teammates for no adequate reason. The Finger of God is not for use on petty quibbles like a character not being productive in the right way. If someone isn't behaving, just threaten to dock their pay or shank  them later or something.  And everyone else should remember that we're a damn organization here. We've got people in power whose rules and instructions you're gonna be expected to follow unless you want there to be in character consequences later. If you don't like it, then I suggest you wait for us to land on an inhabited planet and kindly retire there. You'll have all the freedom you want.

And If I see any more people arguing about this in anything but the most pleasant of tones I'm gonna yank their characters from where ever they currently are and throw them into a basement knife fight from which only one of them may leave alive.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:11:48 pm by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16779 on: May 05, 2015, 01:05:43 pm »

This raises a rather unfortunate point; we forgot to include a dueling ring in the Sword remodel.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16780 on: May 05, 2015, 01:08:21 pm »

I thought the Rec Room had a boxing ring. Could use that, since VR Duel doesn't account for Nyartifacts.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16781 on: May 05, 2015, 01:08:55 pm »

This raises a rather unfortunate point; we forgot to include a dueling ring in the Sword remodel.
Just use the cargo bay.

Better yet, set up cock fights with non-criminal personnel as the cocks!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16782 on: May 05, 2015, 03:29:50 pm »

Use the test chamber! For easy 'cleanup', you see.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16783 on: May 05, 2015, 04:27:05 pm »

basement knife fight

...Can we bet on these?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16784 on: May 05, 2015, 04:31:00 pm »

You leave me with a difficult choice UP.  I don't think the shock against you was a good shock. It struck me as too harsh a reaction to fit the crime, and it seems to have been motivated at least partially by OOC content which should NEVER effect the game. However, you also spent a long time arguing with people and these threads have been divided by the questions brought up; which, if I remove the implant, sets the unfortunate precedent that you get whatever you want via screaming.

So. Here's whats gonna happen.

First, you're keeping that implant in your skull. Which isn't the problem in the long run, is it? You don't mind having the implant, you just don't want shock happy players to be able to kill every action they don't agree with. Which I can accept. So, in lieu of removing that implant I'm going to instead set down a specific set of criteria for how and to what degree a player may be shocked.  And while steve won't be bound to this because he's steve and he might feel like making everyone do the seizure dance for his own amusement some day, it will prevent would be middle managers from middle managing your brain out your eye sockets at their whim.  The shock button should be used ONLY when the player poses a clear and present in character threat of badly fucking over the mission or killing his own teammates for no adequate reason. The Finger of God is not for use on petty quibbles like a character not being productive in the right way. If someone isn't behaving, just threaten to dock their pay or shank  them later or something.  And everyone else should remember that we're a damn organization here. We've got people in power whose rules and instructions you're gonna be expected to follow unless you want there to be in character consequences later. If you don't like it, then I suggest you wait for us to land on an inhabited planet and kindly retire there. You'll have all the freedom you want.

And If I see any more people arguing about this in anything but the most pleasant of tones I'm gonna yank their characters from where ever they currently are and throw them into a basement knife fight from which only one of them may leave alive.

We all have these shock implants, right?
Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 ... 2205