Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493988 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16785 on: May 05, 2015, 04:31:54 pm »

Yes, except Maurice, who had his removed by Mesk, with Steve's blessing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16786 on: May 05, 2015, 05:03:42 pm »

And If I see any more people arguing about this in anything but the most pleasant of tones I'm gonna yank their characters from where ever they currently are and throw them into a basement knife fight from which only one of them may leave alive.
Hmmm... If I am in spaceship with a slowly decaying orbit, can I start arguing in non-pleasant tones to be transported somewhere with higher chances of survival, like, say, a basement fight with roughly 50/50 chances of survival?[/exploit_seeking_mode]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16787 on: May 05, 2015, 05:37:38 pm »

And If I see any more people arguing about this in anything but the most pleasant of tones I'm gonna yank their characters from where ever they currently are and throw them into a basement knife fight from which only one of them may leave alive.
Hmmm... If I am in spaceship with a slowly decaying orbit, can I start arguing in non-pleasant tones to be transported somewhere with higher chances of survival, like, say, a basement fight with roughly 50/50 chances of survival?[/exploit_seeking_mode]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16788 on: May 05, 2015, 05:40:13 pm »

Sure, but your opponent is a ghost ship.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16789 on: May 05, 2015, 09:47:20 pm »

You leave me with a difficult choice UP.  I don't think the shock against you was a good shock. It struck me as too harsh a reaction to fit the crime, and it seems to have been motivated at least partially by OOC content which should NEVER effect the game. However, you also spent a long time arguing with people and these threads have been divided by the questions brought up; which, if I remove the implant, sets the unfortunate precedent that you get whatever you want via screaming.

So. Here's whats gonna happen.

First, you're keeping that implant in your skull. Which isn't the problem in the long run, is it? You don't mind having the implant, you just don't want shock happy players to be able to kill every action they don't agree with. Which I can accept. So, in lieu of removing that implant I'm going to instead set down a specific set of criteria for how and to what degree a player may be shocked.  And while steve won't be bound to this because he's steve and he might feel like making everyone do the seizure dance for his own amusement some day, it will prevent would be middle managers from middle managing your brain out your eye sockets at their whim.  The shock button should be used ONLY when the player poses a clear and present in character threat of badly fucking over the mission or killing his own teammates for no adequate reason. The Finger of God is not for use on petty quibbles like a character not being productive in the right way. If someone isn't behaving, just threaten to dock their pay or shank  them later or something.  And everyone else should remember that we're a damn organization here. We've got people in power whose rules and instructions you're gonna be expected to follow unless you want there to be in character consequences later. If you don't like it, then I suggest you wait for us to land on an inhabited planet and kindly retire there. You'll have all the freedom you want.

You say this like you think i enjoy these arguments.
And no simply having the implant isnt the entire problem, but it is part of it.

A part ill not discuss gere because i can never seem to get my point across and i dont wanna get in a knife fight at this stage.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #16790 on: May 05, 2015, 11:29:20 pm »

((Yes, it's better that way. And the first book Renen read told that it is better to have more than one style of fighting and/or weapon skills.))

The next chapter talks about the proper usage of a Monoatomic sword, basically a much longer monoatomic razor. It warns against attempting to do long cuts, hacking straight through things, rather it recommends landing a blow with the upper third and "rolling" the blade downward. This prevents the blade from getting caught in its target and lets you strike with the full length of the blade. Again it uses the example of the Battlesuit and how a properly rolled strike can slice almost all around a joint and weaken it significantly more then a simple cut.

Does following this kind of advice give any bonuses to rolls or is it mostly just world building?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:34:09 pm by Nunzillor »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16791 on: May 06, 2015, 12:01:34 am »

I like how microwave guy is te only one who accomplished much this turn.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:04:18 am by DoctorMcTaalik »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16792 on: May 06, 2015, 12:36:26 am »

((Yes, it's better that way. And the first book Renen read told that it is better to have more than one style of fighting and/or weapon skills.))

The next chapter talks about the proper usage of a Monoatomic sword, basically a much longer monoatomic razor. It warns against attempting to do long cuts, hacking straight through things, rather it recommends landing a blow with the upper third and "rolling" the blade downward. This prevents the blade from getting caught in its target and lets you strike with the full length of the blade. Again it uses the example of the Battlesuit and how a properly rolled strike can slice almost all around a joint and weaken it significantly more then a simple cut.

Does following this kind of advice give any bonuses to rolls or is it mostly just world building?
Proper use of weapons does do mare significant damage. Lasers are meant to be swept and they do the most damage doing it.

Another good way to use a monoatomic sword is to strike downward and then pull back. It will cut through like a saw.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #16793 on: May 06, 2015, 12:56:48 am »

So... did the blimp attack plan by Yaro worked out? I'm not sure what happened from description given.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16794 on: May 06, 2015, 12:58:32 am »

Looks to me like it "worked" but the blimp didn't care about being stabbed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16795 on: May 06, 2015, 01:33:38 am »

So... did the blimp attack plan by Yaro worked out? I'm not sure what happened from description given.
What do you mean? You flew up, slammed into the thing cut it a bit with the sword and bounced off before continuing up into the air. You got a bad Aux roll so you managed to cut it only in so much as you slammed into it with your sword out before skipping off and into the sky

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16796 on: May 06, 2015, 05:36:06 am »

Aww, no Gyromitra update. Oh well, maybe we'll get twice as much done then in our next one!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16797 on: May 06, 2015, 09:39:32 am »

What do you mean? You flew up, slammed into the thing cut it a bit with the sword and bounced off before continuing up into the air. You got a bad Aux roll so you managed to cut it only in so much as you slammed into it with your sword out before skipping off and into the sky

Now I see. I didn't catch the billiard ball metaphor there, I guess.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16798 on: May 06, 2015, 10:07:47 am »

Maybe try punching them with the kinamps, it might do more damage.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16799 on: May 06, 2015, 10:51:48 am »

Maybe try punching them with the kinamps, it might do more damage.

I'll just land on it from above and try everything I have.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 2205