Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495077 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16620 on: April 29, 2015, 11:01:01 am »

So an awkward strike should throw her off balance,
but if she managed to line up a strike with her entire body bracing behind it she could do a fair amount of damage.

... so she just rolls Dex instead of Str for melee now, I guess.

EDIT: Or still roll Str, but roleplay it differently. I don't really know.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:04:50 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16621 on: April 29, 2015, 11:14:23 am »

Str in this is really control, not force.

She basically just breaks jaws instead of fracturing them, and can jump like 20 feet high, thats about it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16622 on: April 29, 2015, 11:20:56 am »

I find it funny how all of you focus on the physics of the matter and ignore its gameplay aspect.

The new system is supposed to reflect people's skill and abilities instead of their capabilities. A man who has +4 strength is not super strong, he is just a man that is really good at utilizing his strength. That is why weapons that have to worry about recoil or the weight distribution of the weapon have a strength requirement, while really heavy weapons require things like exoskeletons and that is why strength enhancing genemods do not give +1s to strength and that is why armour does not give +1s to endurance.

(Note to self: pure scale of strength in wiki from human to avatar if somebody has not done it yet.)

So the question becomes, what did the deathcube do to her that made her not only lighter, but also more capable of utilizing her body to be dexterous, while  simultaneously causing her to become less capable of utilizing her body to endure damage? After all, if all it did was make her lighter, then no bonus would be given to her. It would be just like getting an exoskeleton or a robobody. It would simply enhance her capabilities, not her skills and abilities. Yet now it seems to have done something that increased her skill in one area and decreased it in another.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16623 on: April 29, 2015, 11:27:13 am »

Obviously she gets the modifiers because she no longer has to fight the weight of her body when performing precise actions and the penalty because she no longer has her weight to rely upon when trying to soften incoming blows.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16624 on: April 29, 2015, 11:36:13 am »

Ah, so you say the fact that she doesn't have to focus on moving as much weight as other people, she can focus more on how she moves that weight? It's a good idea, but how would you explain the fact that exoskeletons and custom made robobodies like Morul's also reduce the weight people have to move but do not grant similar bonuses? After all, her body was modified for extra speed and low weight before using the deathcube but she got no bonus for that.

It's like something changed her mind or her ability to know how to move or maybe space magiced the way she moves. Maybe the deathcube doesn't just mess with her physical characteristics but also with the way she interacts with the world or the way she thinks about the world.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:38:01 am by Parisbre56 »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #16625 on: April 29, 2015, 11:38:01 am »

Hmmm... You know the gauss rifle I dismantled back in mission 18? It's still got a full clip of ammunition. Do you think I could get a refund on it?
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16626 on: April 29, 2015, 11:43:05 am »

Hmmm... You know the gauss rifle I dismantled back in mission 18? It's still got a full clip of ammunition. Do you think I could get a refund on it?

Yes, if you bought it separately. Probably no if you didn't.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16627 on: April 29, 2015, 11:55:55 am »

Yes, if you bought it separately. Probably no if you didn't.

This kinda makes me feel like Gauss rifles use stripper clips rather than box magazines.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16628 on: April 29, 2015, 12:45:48 pm »

>FINISH HIM

Faith combat rolls back into the room and then rears back and jams her hand straight into the computer. With a twist and a yank she tears free what looks like a brain case and then crushes it in her bare hand.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16629 on: April 29, 2015, 12:47:14 pm »

The turn is extra short though.
Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16630 on: April 29, 2015, 12:51:59 pm »

At least it is "we've done it" short instead of "oh gods I can't feel my limbs" short. Also, I couldn't resist the joke.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16631 on: April 29, 2015, 01:11:55 pm »

The turn is extra short though.
Thats because everyone else's actions are rendered moot.

You want 4 more responses of "And then you stand there, guarding a room against robots that aren't coming while something much more kickass happens in the background"?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16632 on: April 29, 2015, 01:17:39 pm »

You want 4 more responses of "And then you stand there, guarding a room against robots that aren't coming while something much more kickass happens in the background"?

Nope. Let's keep it very short as long as it is going that good.
Sigs

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16633 on: April 29, 2015, 02:08:58 pm »

get implant removed, inform miyamoto because steve/infirmary staff feels its necessary.

Quote from: Auron to Miyamoto
Steve wants me to let you know that im getting my shock implant removed, so heres a notification.

'I am getting my implant removed, adjust future mission security protocols accordingly.'

That is all, enjoy your stay with the doomshrooms.

((I'll message him to inform him but i dont see why miya should have any right to consult?

I can understand the five mission thing to build up steves confidence in your ability to not fuck up horribly and ruin his plans, but this has nothing at all to do with miyamoto.
Sure he should be informed because he does a lot of mission planning and is the de facto leader, but this is an off-mission thing entirely between an ex-prisoner turned mercenary and the computer that freed him.))
And now I'm feeling guilty for setting the precedent.
In my defence, I had a real good reason for that and explicitly agreed not to come on missions without the implant - at least, without Steve's consent to that. So that clause may probably also extend to Auron, just saying.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16634 on: April 29, 2015, 03:27:09 pm »

Should we shoot the nerves or go after the brain?
Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 ... 2205