Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495198 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16605 on: April 29, 2015, 01:55:26 am »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16606 on: April 29, 2015, 02:35:32 am »

A mission where we must shrink ourselves into a mini sub and journey into the body of an HMRC member to recover a nano artifact.
And all the cells/organs/employees of the body are played by said HMRC member in various costumes, right?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16607 on: April 29, 2015, 02:43:57 am »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16608 on: April 29, 2015, 02:45:45 am »

A mission where we must shrink ourselves into a mini sub and journey into the body of an HMRC member to recover a nano artifact.
Even better, you have to go inside the Doctor because he accidenctally ate something we need.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16609 on: April 29, 2015, 02:51:31 am »

Even better, you have to go inside the Doctor because he accidenctally ate something we need.
I feel like you just want to go in there to see if you can find the clone that still has your powers.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16610 on: April 29, 2015, 02:53:05 am »

While I admit that is a good portion of my motivation, the most part of it is just that I find the notion of people dying to alien horrors funny.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #16611 on: April 29, 2015, 08:42:01 am »

Is it a terrible idea to use small amounts of aster-ex for digging?  Would that even work?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16612 on: April 29, 2015, 08:50:32 am »

Is it a terrible idea to use small amounts of aster-ex for digging?  Would that even work?

I'd think we might want to try other, probably safer digging methods first before blowing shit up, fun as that is.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16613 on: April 29, 2015, 09:38:30 am »

What we need is some sort of superbonding glue, for aiding in emergency extractions.

Just slap the pack on your mortally wounded comrade, wait ten seconds for the glue to set, then hit the button and watch them be launched into the stratosphere via rocket pod, to drift down parachute a few hundred miles away from the danger. Or, if you're feeling heroic, intercepted mid-air via the pickup shuttle.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16614 on: April 29, 2015, 09:54:52 am »

I'd think we might want to try other, probably safer digging methods first before blowing shit up, fun as that is.
What? Aster-Ex is perfectly safe asteroid mining explosive!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16615 on: April 29, 2015, 09:58:53 am »

PW just let me know it's half weight, not 10%, which makes it much more reasonable.  I'd be fine treating it like that.
odd, I had it on a higher setting than that. something must have scaled it back.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16616 on: April 29, 2015, 10:07:05 am »

Devastator got confused by the "half the weight of a robot cat isn't feather weight" line, I think.

https://abbradar.net/erlogs/2015-05-29.txt
03:52:37 <Devastator> You want I should just drop the 'Lyra should be slow like balloon' bit?
03:53:24 <Piecewise> Softball
03:53:36 <Piecewise> She doesn't weigh 2 lbs
03:54:15 <Piecewise> half the weight of a robot cat isn't feather weight
03:55:28 <IronyOwl> How'd she reduce her weight again? Deathcube?
03:55:39 <Toaster> Yep

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16617 on: April 29, 2015, 10:38:33 am »

What stats did sh get from that again? +dex -end?

If the deahcube stripped her molecular makeup of half its higgs-boson particles thereby reducing her mass but leaving all the atoms in place shouldnt that also make her contextually stronger?

I mean she has the same amount and density of musculature, but now it weighs next to nothing and is easier to exert force with.

A fleck of paint can punch through glass if its going fast enough after all, and they weigh three parts of diddly squat.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #16618 on: April 29, 2015, 10:46:00 am »

If the deahcube stripped her molecular makeup of half its higgs-boson particles thereby reducing her mass but leaving all the atoms in place shouldnt that also make her contextually stronger?
I mean she has the same amount and density of musculature, but now it weighs next to nothing and is easier to exert force with.
A fleck of paint can punch through glass if its going fast enough after all, and they weigh three parts of diddly squat.
As said before, any possible gain in power of a strike is limited by lack of leverage. It is important to stand firm on your grounds (have big inertia, if you will) in order to make a really good hit.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:48:28 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16619 on: April 29, 2015, 10:51:23 am »

So an awkward strike should throw her off balance,
but if she managed to line up a strike with her entire body bracing behind it she could do a fair amount of damage.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 ... 2205