Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495279 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16560 on: April 28, 2015, 02:16:18 pm »

Yeah, force is mass times acceleration. If the force remains the same and mass decreases, then acceleration increases. And that works both ways. So she should be faster and about as strong, yet more susceptible to her environment.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16561 on: April 28, 2015, 02:22:10 pm »

In a particular dense atmosphere, would she float?

If yes, can I tie her to a string and pretend she's a balloon animal?
@would she float: yes

@balloon animal: ask her that when/if the time comes
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16562 on: April 28, 2015, 02:23:35 pm »

That would be quite the atmosphere, but yeah, she might float. Which sounds hilarious xD

Kind of like those fish in that one Dr. Who episode...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16563 on: April 28, 2015, 03:24:49 pm »

Flint did nothing wrong.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16564 on: April 28, 2015, 03:52:09 pm »

Needs more flashing lights.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16565 on: April 28, 2015, 04:02:39 pm »

Yeah, force is mass times acceleration. If the force remains the same and mass decreases, then acceleration increases. And that works both ways. So she should be faster and about as strong, yet more susceptible to her environment.

It's not that big of a deal, I mostly just don't want to see everyone doing it.  And it wouldn't hurt her acceleration, just her top speed.  Less mass, same air resistance = lower top speed.  Best way to see it is to play volleyball with an air-filled rubber balloon, you can make it move quite fast, but it slows down very, very quickly in air due to minimal momentum and high air resistance.

I do hope I'm not the only one who played balloon volleyball as a kid.  It was awesome.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16566 on: April 28, 2015, 04:14:31 pm »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16567 on: April 28, 2015, 04:16:40 pm »

It's not that big of a deal, I mostly just don't want to see everyone doing it.  And it wouldn't hurt her acceleration, just her top speed.  Less mass, same air resistance = lower top speed.  Best way to see it is to play volleyball with an air-filled rubber balloon, you can make it move quite fast, but it slows down very, very quickly in air due to minimal momentum and high air resistance.

I do hope I'm not the only one who played balloon volleyball as a kid.  It was awesome.
END being second only to MIND in terms of penultimate stats, I don't think there's much risk of that happening. DEX is only usefull when you can both know to dodge and have somewhere to dodge too.

as for top speed being lower: no.

see, volleyballs don't have legs. they're projectiles.
I'm not a projectile. My legs are what accelerate me, and it takes less effort to move me, and less effort to move the legs themselves. I can move each individual leg much faster, making me run faster.
however, my terminal velocity while falling is certainly much slower, I'll grant you that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16568 on: April 28, 2015, 04:19:34 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16569 on: April 28, 2015, 04:26:18 pm »

I'm scared. Why big red letters? On fire?
Please don't send your squad of ninja-assassins against me? I'm sorry for anything I may have done.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #16570 on: April 28, 2015, 04:27:08 pm »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16572 on: April 28, 2015, 04:35:34 pm »

see, volleyballs don't have legs. they're projectiles.
I'm not a projectile. My legs are what accelerate me, and it takes less effort to move me, and less effort to move the legs themselves. I can move each individual leg much faster, making me run faster.
however, my terminal velocity while falling is certainly much slower, I'll grant you that.

Sure, but how would becoming lighter affect your muscles? Can you say with certainty that you can push of equally powerful now? I mean, you are lighter, but same volume, thus less dense. Did your muscle and bone density decrease? I know, spess magic, but still.

Hell, even if you now can push off faster, shouldn't you also come back down slower? Thus making you less 'responsive' outside of initial movement?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16573 on: April 28, 2015, 04:45:59 pm »

Hell, even if you now can push off faster, shouldn't you also come back down slower?
Gravity is constant acceleration. All things fall at the same rate regardless of weight in vacuum. So as long as she doesn't jump absurdly high she should be fine. Although I guess having so much more strength would take some getting used to...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16574 on: April 28, 2015, 04:49:04 pm »

Hell, even if you now can push off faster, shouldn't you also come back down slower?
Gravity is constant acceleration. All things fall at the same rate regardless of weight in vacuum. So as long as she doesn't jump absurdly high she should be fine. Although I guess having so much more strength would take some getting used to...

Yes, I know some basic physics  ;)

Still, in vacuum. I wasn't talking about a vacuum. If she (as hyperbole) went from being like a balloon-sized brick to an air filled balloon of same size, I do think it'd matter notably on a planet with normal atmosphere.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 ... 2205