Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1102 1103 [1104] 1105 1106 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495289 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16545 on: April 28, 2015, 01:00:09 pm »

We're rebels! We're supposed to disturb the piece!

"Well drat. Then I guess your community service will consist of egging government buildings and throwing late night parties."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16546 on: April 28, 2015, 01:01:06 pm »

OBJECTION: "mrow"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16547 on: April 28, 2015, 01:04:11 pm »

OBJECTION: "mrow"

"Objection overrruled on grounds of the attorney being a cat."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #16548 on: April 28, 2015, 01:04:52 pm »

I fail to understand how exactly Flint and Lyra defined their destination. They think the brain is there, but how did they know?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16549 on: April 28, 2015, 01:09:32 pm »

"Well drat. Then I guess your community service will consist of egging government buildings and throwing late night parties."
"Romanes eunt domus"

I fail to understand how exactly Flint and Lyra defined their destination. They think the brain is there, but how did they know?
It's easy. The nerves are going that way. So we're going that way. And it looks like an OK spot to check for nerves.
Lyra thinks the brain might be there because it is kinda like a crater and Steve said the brain will be somewhere deep. And Flint has no reason to object to that, since it sounds reasonable and is in our way anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16550 on: April 28, 2015, 01:13:58 pm »

*distressed rebel noises*

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16551 on: April 28, 2015, 01:27:44 pm »

It's easy. The nerves are going that way. So we're going that way. And it looks like an OK spot to check for nerves.
Lyra thinks the brain might be there because it is kinda like a crater and Steve said the brain will be somewhere deep. And Flint has no reason to object to that, since it sounds reasonable and is in our way anyway.

So basically, Lenglon complained about people checking nerves too much and she is exploiting that very data as an excuse to leave everyone behind on the grounds that they are basically no use for Lyra to be with IC?
You know, there is a very rude proverb in russian about someone who is trying to do two things which kinda don't go together. It's really, really offensive, especially towards females.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I do not want to mean any real offence. I will deal with the way you play this game in a respectful manner, those were your choices I have no right to interfere with. But IC, Yaroslav actively disapproves those choices. But that is only IC. We are playing ER to enjoy it, not to mess with random internet strangers.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 01:32:25 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16552 on: April 28, 2015, 01:35:19 pm »

So basically, Lenglon complained about people checking nerves too much and she is exploiting that very data as an excuse to leave everyone behind on the grounds that they are basically no use for Lyra to be with IC?
You know, there is a very rude proverb in russian about someone who is trying to do two things which kinda don't go together. It's really, really offensive, especially towards females.
I don't know which one you're thinking of, but the one I know involves two hares, and no females (so far as I know).

Also, Lyra is using her own data primarily, not the teams'.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16553 on: April 28, 2015, 01:46:36 pm »

I don't know which one you're thinking of, but the one I know involves two hares, and no females (so far as I know).

Also, Lyra is using her own data primarily, not the teams'.
I was saying about the vulgar one which is about two actions one of which is eating fish. For some unclear reasons, I find it more offensive towards females.

Anyway, I think I wasn't too clever, bringing this up. I feel rather sorry for it now. I will just stress that any grudges Yaroslav holds are IC only, because y'all are actually a merry bunch of decent fellows and I don't want to start any OOC conflict over any IC thing. That's a game we play for entertainment and happy times.
Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16554 on: April 28, 2015, 01:52:02 pm »

To paraphrase piecewise, you can always try to shank Flint in the showers.
(Wait, do we have communal showers anymore? Or do the new rooms have one built in?)
Just no reason to hold any OOC grudges. If this really makes people feel that bad then... I dunno I can try to think of a way to solve that problem.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16555 on: April 28, 2015, 01:56:13 pm »

To paraphrase piecewise, you can always try to shank Flint in the showers.
(Wait, do we have communal showers anymore? Or do the new rooms have one built in?)
Just no reason to hold any OOC grudges. If this really makes people feel that bad then... I dunno I can try to think of a way to solve that problem.

I don't feel that bad. I was a tad much too concentrated on my characters reaction, that's all. He'll probably deal with it by drinking large quantities of strong alcohol IC. Or some unharmful way of social interaction.
No problem to solve, really.
Sigs

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16556 on: April 28, 2015, 02:04:38 pm »

If you are mad at Lyra IC, then yell at her IC.
Complain in here and you're complaining at me. not her.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16557 on: April 28, 2015, 02:08:44 pm »

Hmm.

Was thinking about Lyra, actually.  Apparently Lenglon had her massively lightened by the cube?

That should have probably ruined her physical capabilities.  It would be like swapping a ping-pong ball for a golf ball.  Slower, more air resistance, etcetera.  Like operating in lower gravity, makes it much harder to move anywhere.  I'm pretty sure her doctor-built body should be pretty well optimized at it's design mass.

I also think it would also kinda make her all-but unusable in melee combat.  Doesn't matter how much raw strength you have if you have zero leverage.

Well, conveniently, she got -1 end from that. And also has no strength already. She got more Dex though, because all-else-equal it is easier to move a lighter object.

Pingpong balls *don't* have more air-resistant than (an equally sized and shaped) golfball. They're just much lighter, so they are accelerated much faster by wind-resistance.
I also don't think we had quite the same order of magnitude change as that either. You'd have to ask PW. Even if we did, an order of magnitude change of wind-resistance on a human is only particularly relevant when the force is high to begin with, such as in a strong wind or free-fall.
So if PW ever puts her in a storm, depending on the order of the weight change, she might go for a flight :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16558 on: April 28, 2015, 02:13:34 pm »

Hmm.

Was thinking about Lyra, actually.  Apparently Lenglon had her massively lightened by the cube?

That should have probably ruined her physical capabilities.  It would be like swapping a ping-pong ball for a golf ball.  Slower, more air resistance, etcetera.  Like operating in lower gravity, makes it much harder to move anywhere.  I'm pretty sure her doctor-built body should be pretty well optimized at it's design mass.

I also think it would also kinda make her all-but unusable in melee combat.  Doesn't matter how much raw strength you have if you have zero leverage.

Well, conveniently, she got -1 end from that. And also has no strength already. She got more Dex though, because all-else-equal it is easier to move a lighter object.

Pingpong balls *don't* have more air-resistant than (an equally sized and shaped) golfball. They're just much lighter, so they are accelerated much faster by wind-resistance.
I also don't think we had quite the same order of magnitude change as that either. You'd have to ask PW. Even if we did, an order of magnitude change of wind-resistance on a human is only particularly relevant when the force is high to begin with, such as in a strong wind or free-fall.
So if PW ever puts her in a storm, depending on the order of the weight change, she might go for a flight :P

In a particular dense atmosphere, would she float?

If yes, can I tie her to a string and pretend she's a balloon animal?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16559 on: April 28, 2015, 02:15:04 pm »

If you are mad at Lyra IC, then yell at her IC.
Complain in here and you're complaining at me. not her.

I'll remember those simple rules.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 1102 1103 [1104] 1105 1106 ... 2205