Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496479 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16200 on: April 20, 2015, 11:14:41 pm »

To illustrate my point.
How does that illustrate your point without making your point "because I'll shoot people if you do?"

By the same reasoning i shouldnt have been accepted if i was suspect and therefore the shock therapy is even more pointless simply by virtue if my being accepted because i am obviously above suspicion.
I would agree that accepting someone onto the mission but then making sure to jolt them if they do anything other than what they're told is odd. Have you asked about it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16201 on: April 20, 2015, 11:29:11 pm »

Because I blew up a shipyard... we are on a ship... with massive fuel reserves...

We do not want me shooting things...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16202 on: April 20, 2015, 11:32:43 pm »

I am disappointed in everyone who didn't vote for hardness as a stat.
I can explain!

My acid test for the stats were hammy declarations in the vein of "A test of ____!" or "An astounding display of ____!" Fortitude fit that pattern the best, despite being less humorous than either of the other two options.
I am always referring to it as hardness no matter what.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: April 20, 2015, 11:37:02 pm »

Because I blew up a shipyard... we are on a ship... with massive fuel reserves...

So you never implied you were going to shoot anyone, you implied you were going to less directly murder everyone?

I am always referring to it as hardness no matter what.
You have my full support in this.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16204 on: April 20, 2015, 11:43:53 pm »

What about combining all three?

"Xan takes the suckerpunch to the crotch heavily, but his hardness has both fortitude and brickness!"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16205 on: April 21, 2015, 12:42:58 am »

So you never implied you were going to shoot anyone, you implied you were going to less directly murder everyone?
Its a possibility...

Though its not like id risk m own life in anger right off the bat...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16206 on: April 21, 2015, 01:36:44 am »

You need to complain about it in IC more than in OOC.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16207 on: April 21, 2015, 01:54:34 am »

Deep breaths everyone, deep breaths.

Look at it like this UP, at least this way Mesk will be the first one down that hall into the computer room and not you. You can hang back, loot robots, loot rooms and generally relax while other people do the hard work.

Zen it out;  meditate on the sacred art of stealing from the dead.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16208 on: April 21, 2015, 02:36:59 am »

Before the missions started, I really thought Mission 19 would be something more complex than get from point A to point B while staying alive. I thought that maybe an alien space parasite like the Hitchers had taken over the ship and made it its home, feeding off the heat or radiation of the reactor and the warheads. The team would arrive on the ship, wonder why it's not responding to their presence. Then they'd make their way inside and find the entire ship infested with the walls covered in egg sacks. A minute later they get ambushed and parasites start attacking them from everywhere. The computer would be malfunctioning due to low power, the warheads would be stuck and unable to move due to being covered in slime and egg sacks, everything would be in a general state of disrepair. The team would have to clear the ship room by room and restore functionality to critical sections and perhaps make their life easier by freeing some still functioning defense bots after capturing the computer and restoring its power, while constantly being attacked by hostiles coming from everywhere.

Or maybe there was a strange alien on board that used space bending or mindfuck as a defense mechanism or something like the artifact from the first Halloween event.

I had suggested that in IRC and had generated some fear in the Mission 19 people and was told to keep it quiet so as not to give piecewise ideas. I assume I can say that now, since apparently this is not the case.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:38:36 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16209 on: April 21, 2015, 03:22:48 am »

Deep breaths everyone, deep breaths.

Look at it like this UP, at least this way Mesk will be the first one down that hall into the computer room and not you. You can hang back, loot robots, loot rooms and generally relax while other people do the hard work.

Zen it out;  meditate on the sacred art of stealing from the dead.
Id like to, but if i get electrocuted for trying to open mission critical doors i dont have high hopes for my chances at slinking off to steal shinies. :(

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16210 on: April 21, 2015, 10:48:07 am »

M19 will probably finish before M20, so when the murderbots and the arsenal opens fire, you'll have a free moment for PHAT LEWT
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16211 on: April 21, 2015, 11:04:12 am »

Before the missions started, I really thought Mission 19 would be something more complex than get from point A to point B while staying alive. I thought that maybe an alien space parasite like the Hitchers had taken over the ship and made it its home, feeding off the heat or radiation of the reactor and the warheads. The team would arrive on the ship, wonder why it's not responding to their presence. Then they'd make their way inside and find the entire ship infested with the walls covered in egg sacks. A minute later they get ambushed and parasites start attacking them from everywhere. The computer would be malfunctioning due to low power, the warheads would be stuck and unable to move due to being covered in slime and egg sacks, everything would be in a general state of disrepair. The team would have to clear the ship room by room and restore functionality to critical sections and perhaps make their life easier by freeing some still functioning defense bots after capturing the computer and restoring its power, while constantly being attacked by hostiles coming from everywhere.

Or maybe there was a strange alien on board that used space bending or mindfuck as a defense mechanism or something like the artifact from the first Halloween event.

I had suggested that in IRC and had generated some fear in the Mission 19 people and was told to keep it quiet so as not to give piecewise ideas. I assume I can say that now, since apparently this is not the case.
I'll make sure that the murderbots try to implant their cyber eggs in them

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16212 on: April 21, 2015, 11:46:47 am »

I'll make sure that the murderbots try to implant their cyber eggs in them

With a smile sculpted on their metallic countenances, presumably?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16213 on: April 21, 2015, 11:48:58 am »

Makes me think of System Shock.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16214 on: April 21, 2015, 01:26:46 pm »

NOTE THAT I AND PROBABLY EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS THEM (LIKE TOASTER) IS USING THEIR CAMEYES AND I AM READY TO WARN MY TEAMMATES, FLY INTO THE AIR AND SHOOT THE BAD THINGS IF SOMETHING BAD APPROACHES.

'Subtle'   :P

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 2205