Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494831 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15825 on: April 13, 2015, 02:53:05 pm »

Hey, it could be a Son of Hephaestus!  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15826 on: April 13, 2015, 02:53:28 pm »

It is especially chilling to see a large influx of new faces like me to occur simultaneously with old skeletons falling out of closets, like this Sheep incident.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15827 on: April 13, 2015, 02:55:05 pm »

Hey, it could be a Son of Hephaestus!  :P
Eh?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15828 on: April 13, 2015, 02:55:24 pm »

@Tavik, I'll be around as well, asking questions and tinkering with things.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15829 on: April 13, 2015, 03:01:35 pm »

The newbie didn't see Grate.  Grate is a child, not just 'rather young'.  Furthermore, aside from his inability to die, Grate hasn't had any weird eldritch stuff associated with him.  Nobody has seen him before, like they see the Sheep or other stuff.

More likely, it's the son or father that the sheep mentioned.  One of the sinners.  Likely one of the humans responsible for pioneering space magic.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15830 on: April 13, 2015, 03:05:13 pm »

The newbie didn't see Grate.  Grate is a child, not just 'rather young'.  Furthermore, aside from his inability to die, Grate hasn't had any weird eldritch stuff associated with him.  Nobody has seen him before, like they see the Sheep or other stuff.

Well, Grate's been on Hephaestus since the Sword left. He was 12-13 at the time, and we've gone through two sets of missions, which means several years have passed. He's a teenager, if not an adult, by this point.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15831 on: April 13, 2015, 03:08:11 pm »

More likely, it's the son or father that the sheep mentioned.  One of the sinners.  Likely one of the humans responsible for pioneering space magic.
I think the son and father things are metaphors for the UWM during the Altered Wars and the UWM today, not actual people.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15832 on: April 13, 2015, 03:09:10 pm »

I'm really not sure if we're considered to age on Heph.  Yes, it's logical, considering jumps take time... but I don't think PW really acknowledges it.

Also, you assume Grate has avoided death for that entire time period.  I highly doubt that's the case.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15833 on: April 13, 2015, 03:19:01 pm »

no.

yes. must progress toward structural perfection. ultimate balance. one skill. one stat. for everything.
Change log:
All skills removed, replaced with SKILL
All stats removed, replaced with STAT
SKILL and STAT removed, replaced with FATE
FATE Buffed.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15834 on: April 13, 2015, 03:20:55 pm »

no.

yes. must progress toward structural perfection. ultimate balance. one skill. one stat. for everything.
Change log:
FATE Buffed.

Spoiler: All Glory To RNGesus! (click to show/hide)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15835 on: April 13, 2015, 03:24:01 pm »

no.

Change log:
FATE Buffed.

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15836 on: April 13, 2015, 04:24:02 pm »

All this stats are comlpetly redundant. We only need charisma.

Perfect.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15837 on: April 13, 2015, 04:24:53 pm »

@Renegade: Just poking you to say changing the plan isn't necessary unless you think the new one's actually better. I'm just very worried about the computer grab computer being swarmed by robots without having time to receive backup. In case you do go through with my plan, insertion should probably be made before the bend of the hallway taking to the main computer in the hopes that any combat between the Holdout team and the bots doesn't damage the computer. I'm allowing the purchase of 2 Dexterity Battle Stims with the Black Ops mission fund, preferably to be given to anyone expected to be right in the frontlines being attacked by murderbots - and possibly to avoid friendly goop fire.

I wish you luck, and remember there's always the possibility some bots may receive "independent action" orders just like the sods during the ship assault.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:26:37 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15838 on: April 13, 2015, 04:44:38 pm »

I do think that the new one is better. Yeah, I was thinking the a little before the junction of the hallway and the path down to the main computer. Should allow us to immediately seal of the hallway to the robot storage, and allow us to retreat back towards the main computer, if need be. Wouldn't surprise me if some of them do have independent action orders. After the main computer is shut down, we will move as one group to take care of the other objectives. After thats all done, I was thinking one group of four to sweep the ship, and two to stay in the cockpit.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15839 on: April 13, 2015, 04:46:23 pm »

I take a look at this game, and immediately think HRMC mission. Space Beast Terror Fright. Mix of alien isolation, space hulk, and alien vs predator. Tight corridors, dark spaces, and aliums.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 2205