Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494713 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15285 on: April 07, 2015, 11:42:47 am »

This reminds me of another thing I was wondering: do synthflesh bodies need to wear a suit to survive in vacuum/whatever or are they more akin to robobodies?
Synthbodies should do fine, I believe. pan took a trip outside of the sword and sort of got flung into space without any trouble, so outer space is certainly not a problem.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15286 on: April 07, 2015, 12:45:20 pm »

So, is it still possible/allowed to use tinker on-ship, or is that not a thing anymore?
I have a Genius IdeaTM that I wish to pursue.

Yeah, it's possible, but wait until the missions have left. PW would like us to not distract him with our projects :P

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15287 on: April 07, 2015, 12:47:44 pm »

Spoiler: Assault Suit writeup (click to show/hide)

I put question marks after the price and stat requirement because PW never answered my questions.  I'm just guessing.

The mobility variant, which is what I wanted sent, has half the armor but can fly.  Also, note that the person getting this will need to have one of the MMI implants that's also being prototyped.

EDIT:Looked it up, Unholy_Pariah, kj1225, and renegade lobster all volunteered for an MMI.  So I guess one of them gets the assaultsuit, unless Radio decides to give the MMI to someone else.  I will enjoy watching him make that decision.

IIRC, I only sent two HRBs- one with three layers of battlesuit plate (better against sustained small arms of multiple types), and one with hex composite armor (Better against extremely powerful single strikes.)

If you need the full list of features, I can go digging through my post history to find them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15288 on: April 07, 2015, 01:00:43 pm »

Try to grow a mouth and get back to normal. If I get a mouth, eat some drugs!

I have no mouth and I must intoxicate
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15289 on: April 07, 2015, 01:05:42 pm »

Does she have any tokens?

If not, fund can help out.
No, and it's her fur that goes invis, not carried items. She isn't going to want to be carrying the medkit most of the time, though if you issue it to her she'll probably take it with her anyway, and just be mildly unhappy about it / prone to leaving it behind if threatened.
Doesn't she need to wear a suit on the heabi planet anyways? If yes, then the point is kinda moot, no? Or does she have a stealthsuit.
No, she only has a MKI...
and that's a good question.
PW: Does Lyra need a suit on the Heabi Planet?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15290 on: April 07, 2015, 01:07:32 pm »

Try to grow a mouth and get back to normal. If I get a mouth, eat some drugs!
I have no mouth and I must intoxicate
I feel like a little kid that got covered in something gross and just started wailing.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15291 on: April 07, 2015, 01:14:34 pm »

I feel like a little kid that got covered in something gross and just started wailing.
Hey Hap, are you still going on mission?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15292 on: April 07, 2015, 01:16:10 pm »

Oh no, I bowed out after I realized what the suit had done to me. I'm not that nuts.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15293 on: April 07, 2015, 01:18:58 pm »

Oh no, I bowed out after I realized what the suit had done to me. I'm not that nuts.
Would you mind if I kept the mind pill for myself then? I've only got two of the things.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15294 on: April 07, 2015, 01:21:27 pm »

Yeah, sure. I was hoping to get Dubs to go buy me some but you made him do pushups, lol.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15295 on: April 07, 2015, 01:23:38 pm »

Yeah, sure. I was hoping to get Dubs to go buy me some but you made him do pushups, lol.
and what glorious pushups those were.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15296 on: April 07, 2015, 01:25:26 pm »

Lyra has a mechanical body now, no? Doesn't that mean she can survive without an atmosphere? Or is she less mechanical body and more of a cyborg-like mix of flesh and machine?
And I already carry all kinds of crap on my battlesuit. If anyone wants to give me some equipment for me to carry for them, I'm cool with that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15297 on: April 07, 2015, 01:27:02 pm »

more of a cyborg-like mix of flesh and machine?
this. She isn't fully accepting of being roboticized, she took pains to seem fully flesh from the outside, to feel like it when touched, to feel like it to herself, etc. the cybernetics are hidden.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15298 on: April 07, 2015, 01:34:25 pm »

Does she have any tokens?

If not, fund can help out.
No, and it's her fur that goes invis, not carried items. She isn't going to want to be carrying the medkit most of the time, though if you issue it to her she'll probably take it with her anyway, and just be mildly unhappy about it / prone to leaving it behind if threatened.
Doesn't she need to wear a suit on the heabi planet anyways? If yes, then the point is kinda moot, no? Or does she have a stealthsuit.
No, she only has a MKI...
and that's a good question.
PW: Does Lyra need a suit on the Heabi Planet?

My educated guess is that Lyra doesn't need suits. Robot bodies never needed any, and this planet has an atmosphere, albeit thin one.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15299 on: April 07, 2015, 03:01:37 pm »

Light up three bluesmokes, at the same time!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 2205