Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493557 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13770 on: March 10, 2015, 03:39:01 pm »

i really wanna go on a black ops mission but my character is so goddamn obvious, and everything i want to do with him progression wise will make him even more obvious...

also i think the AM suspects whats his face of thinking of blowing up the R&D door.

I believe I remember fake but real looking synthetic skin to wear over synthflesh was an option, aka engage terminator mode. Could probably get lenses to disguise cameyes as well, though don't quote me on any of these.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13771 on: March 10, 2015, 04:12:52 pm »

i really wanna go on a black ops mission but my character is so goddamn obvious, and everything i want to do with him progression wise will make him even more obvious...

also i think the AM suspects whats his face of thinking of blowing up the R&D door.

I believe I remember fake but real looking synthetic skin to wear over synthflesh was an option, aka engage terminator mode. Could probably get lenses to disguise cameyes as well, though don't quote me on any of these.

I remember the skin, I think it's doable (though worth noting, you're still not average *shaped*, depending on the model. That can probably also be adjusted). The cameyes are definitely doable, Thaddeus has disguised cam eyes right now on the black-ops mission.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13772 on: March 10, 2015, 04:30:29 pm »

Hmmmmmmm.... what are you planning, Maurice? What are you planning...

Oh. Oooohhhh. This will be interesting. *gets some popcorn*
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:42:06 pm by Kriellya »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13773 on: March 10, 2015, 04:32:42 pm »

Hm.

I know there was talk of a synthflesh dog-bod.

Can it get realistic fur if I wanted it to look like, say, a german shepherd or golden retriever, or other breeds of dog? Because I might swing for a mind-controlling dog with Carl.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13774 on: March 10, 2015, 06:12:55 pm »

Hmmmmmmm.... what are you planning, Maurice? What are you planning...

I'm interested to see where this goes as well!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13775 on: March 10, 2015, 06:46:29 pm »

Man I would love for my next mission to be a diplo mission. I hope my char isn't cursed to be in stan level missions xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13776 on: March 10, 2015, 06:58:40 pm »

It's almost traditional that your first mission goes to shit in some way!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13777 on: March 10, 2015, 07:03:18 pm »

How many missions HAVEN'T gone to shit in some way?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13778 on: March 10, 2015, 07:12:46 pm »

Don't most missions succeed though? I'm now 2 for 2 on mission failure... Hopefully I'm still alive after 2 failed missions in a row though so there is that at least =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13779 on: March 10, 2015, 07:19:14 pm »

Yeah, but i cant take my exosuit on mission so my ability to use guns is just gone and i seem to recall manipulators being restricted as well.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13780 on: March 10, 2015, 07:22:24 pm »

Yeah, but i cant take my exosuit on mission so my ability to use guns is just gone and i seem to recall manipulators being restricted as well.
Well, most of the time the point of Joker missions is to not get into fights.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13781 on: March 10, 2015, 07:23:18 pm »

Well, only two (finished) missions were abject failures, but many more have gone to shit in some way (China-9, Sharkmist) and still were generally completed.

Nunzillor

« Reply #13782 on: March 10, 2015, 07:28:56 pm »

Do characters still get paid for failed missions?  Actually, is payment handled differently now than it was in the HMRC days?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13783 on: March 10, 2015, 07:34:43 pm »

Yes. Old days, you'd still get at least 5 tokens. These days you get nothing on average, and maybe people who tried to salvage situation or do something useful against the odds do get paid a few tokens.
(Based on M5-M15 comparison.)

Though, once again, completely failed mission are very rare and I don't really think neither one of the current batch would qualify so. FUBAR - likely, but not completely failed.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13784 on: March 10, 2015, 09:32:35 pm »

How was the Stan mission not a total failure? We were to explore an abandoned ship for artifacts, and instead we nuked it from orbit. That seems like a complete failure to me xD
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 2205