Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493313 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13800 on: March 11, 2015, 10:59:15 am »

I've been thinking that the best way to do Heph would be to use it for testing things, examining artifacts and the like, while doing the designing over IRC on one day a week. That way people on Heph get more done and they can play a game rather then typing out text walls that drain my life force.

Mm, ah, oh! Sounds tasty and wonderful. Hope the scheduling is possible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13801 on: March 11, 2015, 11:09:14 am »

Hey M16:

"Let go of me! LET! GO! Buckler, open fire!"

Travis tries to rest himself free of Mason and opens fire with his crystalline projector.
[Mason dex:2]
[buckler dex:1+3]
Mason moves to fire, but buckler is quicker.
[bucker con:6+3]
Three shots ring out, a strange mixed sound of gauss electric buzz, wet squish of meat and metal clanging against metal. Shells tear through Mason in a vertical line, one straight through the sternum, another through the throat and the last straight through the head. Exploded bone, blood, gray matter and offal spray out in a fine mist as he falls back and lands in a heap, blood pooling thickly around his body.

(mason is dead)

Just a reminder.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13802 on: March 11, 2015, 11:11:39 am »

So... time for a laser bombardment from Steve?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13803 on: March 11, 2015, 11:12:51 am »

@Piecwise

Hmm.  That could be interesting, and I'd be willing to try it out.  Assuming we archive all the logs, of course.

Frankly, though, I kinda doubt it'll work well.  Half the people involved are Russian, and the other half are American- timezones aren't complementary.  It would probably also result in more unbalanced stuff, even if the council directly joins, because people are deciding stuff quickly.  And, of course, missing one session means you miss the equivalent of a week.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13804 on: March 11, 2015, 11:23:31 am »

Hey M16:

Yeah, we are dead meat walking.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13805 on: March 11, 2015, 11:34:45 am »

@Piecwise

Hmm.  That could be interesting, and I'd be willing to try it out.  Assuming we archive all the logs, of course.

Frankly, though, I kinda doubt it'll work well.  Half the people involved are Russian, and the other half are American- timezones aren't complementary.  It would probably also result in more unbalanced stuff, even if the council directly joins, because people are deciding stuff quickly.  And, of course, missing one session means you miss the equivalent of a week.

Well, we don't all have to meet up at the same time, I can work out days with everyone individually if I need to. And to be honest, I think we could do more work in a short time through IRC than in weeks of the tread posts. As per overpowered things, the idea would be to get something hashed out and then submit it for approval from the council, and then work it some more if need be. The thing is; much as we like our giant walls of text, they tend to be rather inefficient.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13806 on: March 11, 2015, 11:37:04 am »

We can't be using the AM to clean up all your problems.

Even if there's no adequately explained reason not to. [/rehashed griping about OP NPCs]

Well, the reason this time is that the thing is too big and powerful for her to fight. She's good, don't get me wrong, but she's not all powerful.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13807 on: March 11, 2015, 11:38:36 am »

Well, the reason this time is that the thing is too big and powerful for her to fight. She's good, don't get me wrong, but she's not all powerful.

That sounds like pretty spiffy news for the M18 lot, yes indeed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13808 on: March 11, 2015, 11:56:35 am »

That sounds like pretty spiffy news for the M18 lot, yes indeed.
...So did anyone radio evacuation or ensure a plan to evade something that can
> Penetrate the upper soil layers along with carrying exothermic reactions in its wake, and
> Have a...strangely complex way of playing with physics, which somehow somewhat depends on altitude or connection to a landmass, by theory?

I sitll can't shake the feeling that its all my fault x_x I should not have buzzed.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13809 on: March 11, 2015, 12:10:57 pm »

I called for evac, but told Steve to not let the shuttle anywhere near that sun. So possibly the only ones saved will be those that can get out of sight of the sun
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13810 on: March 11, 2015, 12:17:39 pm »

I called for evac, but told Steve to not let the shuttle anywhere near that sun. So possibly the only ones saved will be those that can get out of sight of the sun
And considering that it's so large you can see it from other timezones/continents, that'll be a pretty short list, lol.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13811 on: March 11, 2015, 12:31:22 pm »

And if anything, I'd take responsibility for murdering all of M18 if it happens.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13812 on: March 11, 2015, 12:45:34 pm »

And considering that it's so large you can see it from other timezones/continents, that'll be a pretty short list, lol.
HAPAH, QUICK EDIT. If you have to do ANYTHING--do it such in a way that the mission objectives are completed--the same falls for kisame!
If we're going down, sans empathy on part of the Eater, we must at least do it as prescribed by the locals!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13813 on: March 11, 2015, 01:14:16 pm »

I read it again, and mission objective is just to learn what we can. Would be nice to get the Eater to the Pit, sure, but I feel like that's not an option that's on the table anymore.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13814 on: March 11, 2015, 01:37:28 pm »

I apologize ahead of time if I happen to make another  9 incident on mission 16
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 [921] 922 923 ... 2205