Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494409 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13635 on: March 05, 2015, 10:18:45 pm »

DOes anyone remember if I am still wearing my balaclava nyartifact? I really need to find out what it is actually doing to my face.... although since I am in the middle of a desert guiding a flaming ex teammate to my own death, I probably took it off. Next mission I need to start typing in bold every post that I'm wearing the thing. The combined effects of it and the no pain pill will help me figure out what I am going to do with my characters build xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13636 on: March 05, 2015, 11:06:03 pm »

Just wanted to say that I disagree with giving away tokens from a communal resource to a single player for something that doesn't benefit the community. Mostly a matter of principle. It's like a minister spending public money to buy a friend a really expensive car even though said friend already has a perfectly functional car. I won't protest if the others vote to do so, but I'll still disagree with it.

Not sure about loaning. It's probably going to pay off, but it's still gambling with public money. It should be done in a calculated manner to ensure there is a return of investment. Note that the return doesn't necessarily have to be monetary. Good performance is also a good return.

I also disagree with the reasoning that one should receive compensation for lost equipment. Equipment gets lost all the time, but not everyone gets tokens for it. Our army offers no insurance policy, no dental plan and no pension to all.

If somebody wants to loan or give away their tokens, then that''s fine with me, that's their body money their choice.

I would also agree with paying for competence and effort, as long as it is done at least somewhat fairly.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13637 on: March 06, 2015, 02:20:45 pm »

@piecewise

How much turns IC it would take me to catch up with progress I made OOC on my tinkering? It was quite a discussion I had in Hephaestus OOC, so I expect figuring out that much details would take some time.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:24:14 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13638 on: March 06, 2015, 02:24:01 pm »

Wasn't Lyra's MKIII mission equipment as well? I can't remember.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13639 on: March 06, 2015, 02:26:41 pm »

I think so, *shrugs*, it doesn't matter to me either way. I don't remember if it was a perma-gift or a return-at-mission-end thing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13640 on: March 06, 2015, 02:30:43 pm »

It was mission equipment, to be removed.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13641 on: March 06, 2015, 02:33:54 pm »

Sent you the first Raduga field report, not that there was much to report on it.  Does it return to you or the AM?

Now to decide what to spend 22 tokens on...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: March 06, 2015, 02:36:28 pm »

Sent you the first Raduga field report, not that there was much to report on it.  Does it return to you or the AM?

#jealous
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13643 on: March 06, 2015, 02:42:28 pm »

Thanks, and I think they return to the AM, if not to the team fund.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13644 on: March 06, 2015, 02:43:40 pm »

@piecewise

How much turns IC it would take me to catch up with progress I made OOC on my tinkering? It was quite a discussion I had in Hephaestus OOC, so I expect figuring out that much details would take some time.
Abstract it. We'll assume you've caught up because I don't want to force you to sit around doing nothing for a week.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13645 on: March 06, 2015, 02:44:37 pm »

Where's team fund stuff go?  Some hammerspace locker?

I'll probably see what the next round of missions is.  Maybe I'll finally get that battlesuit I've been eyeing... or piss it all away at the Nyars House of Discount Artifacts.

EDIT:  PW, any decisions about the inmate area remodel?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13646 on: March 06, 2015, 02:48:35 pm »

I'll probably see what the next round of missions is.  Maybe I'll finally get that battlesuit I've been eyeing... or piss it all away at the Nyars House of Discount Artifacts.

Buy a battlesuit-sized box for 20 tokens or less!

Hell, buy a car-sized box for 20 tokens or less. Turn that baby into a popemobile. Or Stevemobile, as the case may be.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13647 on: March 06, 2015, 02:48:47 pm »

@piecewise

Abstract it. We'll assume you've caught up because I don't want to force you to sit around doing nothing for a week.

Good. Thanks. I'll leave VR then, simulation left running and programmed to send me a report when done [OOC I just wait until Tinker updates to see what's that actually worth].
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13648 on: March 06, 2015, 02:49:10 pm »

Where's team fund stuff go?  Some hammerspace locker?

EDIT:  PW, any decisions about the inmate area remodel?

Hammerspace, yeah.

And I dunno why, but I don't really see Lars in a battlesuit. More like in a grotesque custom robotic/synthflesh body with the face of a cherub and massive speakers installed to rupture the ears of enemies by proclaiming Steve's Holy Word.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 2205