Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493023 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13020 on: February 16, 2015, 03:14:40 pm »

Directed Energy Beam that Isn't a Laser Cannon.

I understood that reference
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13021 on: February 16, 2015, 03:34:32 pm »

The new roll system is coming in  soon so it's gonna be respecs all around, since it changes stuff.

For instance, the lack of 1/3rd bonuses means there's gonna be an exponential curve for levels now, ie less points to get to +1, more points to get to +2, etc.
*minmaxing fins extend*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13022 on: February 16, 2015, 04:00:49 pm »

Am I getting it right that we do not have any local Kalashnikov analogue (assault rifle, cheaply produced, very reliable, easily maintained, using a very common type of ammunition) yet? Because any large-scale revolt needs something like this. Or these functions are covered with gauss rifle and lasrifle?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13023 on: February 16, 2015, 04:02:27 pm »

Pretty much covered by the Laser rifle. Though you can buy older guns still even if they aren't as...capable.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13024 on: February 16, 2015, 04:04:26 pm »

Am I getting it right that we do not have any local Kalashnikov analogue (assault rifle, cheaply produced, very reliable, easily maintained, using a very common type of ammunition) yet? Because any large-scale revolt needs something like this. Or these functions are covered with gauss rifle and lasrifle?

Mostly, yes. Though an extremely cheap and rugged slug thrower might be convenient for export, but those wouldn't be very convenient for our missions. Even then, a modified gauss rifle might fit the bill nicely.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13025 on: February 16, 2015, 04:08:51 pm »

Okay. Thanks. I'm just figuring out things about the setting of ER.

It is that mission statement on Hephaestus wiki page, about the Soldier's New Kit, developed to face multiple armored humans in enclosed spaces rather than eldritch abominations in space. I'm thinking about what can be done.
Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13026 on: February 16, 2015, 04:13:41 pm »

Well, if you want to you could try to design that modified gauss rifle. Though it doesn't even really have to be gauss based, a regular projectile based one might be better for that sort of thing (easier maintenance and such).

Next to that, a flying combat support drone is something we've also been talking about, but never come around to doing.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13027 on: February 16, 2015, 04:18:38 pm »

I do have a compromise design between slug thrower and Gauss rifle. That should do the thing about range without extra kickback and energy consumption. When I'll form the idea, I'll write it down on my personal wiki page.

EDIT: Here ya go.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 02:14:11 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13028 on: February 17, 2015, 09:54:32 pm »

The new roll system is coming in  soon so it's gonna be respecs all around, since it changes stuff.

For instance, the lack of 1/3rd bonuses means there's gonna be an exponential curve for levels now, ie less points to get to +1, more points to get to +2, etc.
Wanna share technical details so wiki monkeys can go ahead and make new skill templates ready?

Ditto to this. Details on professions in the new system are of particular interest to me, but we can probably wait until the full release of the system.

This would probably be a good time to remind people that the wiki is open to editing by anyone, and we encourage you to take responsibility for your own character page, especially during this transition. The character page is essentially your *full* and official character sheet for the game! If it isn't correct, you have only yourself to blame when PW misses some bonus or item you have. Please summarize any changes using the handy summary box on the editing screen, so Team Wiki knows what's been done.

Nunzillor

« Reply #13029 on: February 17, 2015, 10:46:59 pm »

Crud, looks like pushing just isn't gonna cut it.  We got one vet that wants to try a heroic gambit but needs cooperation from an amp user, several people that want to murder the thing right then and there, and another vet that wants to give the Eater to the sun.  Is that right?

We need some coordination and guidance and a plan we can agree on, I think.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:50:33 pm by Nunzillor »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13030 on: February 17, 2015, 10:52:12 pm »

coordination and guidance and a plan we can agree on, I think.

I've highlighted the three flaws of your design.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13031 on: February 17, 2015, 10:56:16 pm »

Nunzillor

« Reply #13032 on: February 17, 2015, 11:05:19 pm »

coordination and guidance and a plan we can agree on, I think.

I've highlighted the three flaws of your design.
...looks like Tek will soon be with the rest of M18 characters in the underworld.  I hear it's boring.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13033 on: February 17, 2015, 11:21:24 pm »

I forget, are the concealed pistols in Mission 16 silenced?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13034 on: February 17, 2015, 11:22:32 pm »

I can find no mention of "Silenced" or "Silencer" in a search of the thread so I'm gonna assume no.
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 2205