Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490681 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10815 on: November 07, 2014, 04:21:12 am »

But that's the best time to make characters!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: November 07, 2014, 04:22:47 am »

Don't you already have a character, Dorsid?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: November 07, 2014, 05:44:53 am »

Don't you already have a character, Dorsid?
That one has a little temperature problem.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: November 07, 2014, 09:58:43 am »

I tend to agree. Wake up in the middle of that, and you immediately find yourself in an ontological mystery without friends and quite possibly hounded by horrors that desire human flesh.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: November 07, 2014, 10:13:07 am »

I tend to agree. Wake up in the middle of that, and you immediately find yourself in an ontological mystery without friends and quite possibly hounded by horrors that desire human flesh.

That's every day in the HMRC ARM.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: November 07, 2014, 12:36:17 pm »

It's less mysterious normally because Steve will always tell you that you've done fucked up and this is your hell now, and you're usually merely menaced by horrors that desire human flesh (such as Milno) rather than actively hounded by them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10821 on: November 07, 2014, 01:07:23 pm »

http://cytu.be/r/Videodrome
The madness never ends.

(Not for the faint of heart or those at work)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: November 07, 2014, 01:40:11 pm »

That's disturbing. Even by my standards.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: November 07, 2014, 03:42:18 pm »

Hooray! I used an amp and nothing exploded!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: November 07, 2014, 03:49:05 pm »

And found out something that could be useful.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10825 on: November 07, 2014, 04:14:41 pm »

@OOC Stuff in Heoh thread

Yeah, sorry for that, Pyro.  I wonder if we might be able to start a tinker OOC thread, so that we don't clog this one with a bunch of technical chatter that people dislike.

As far as what would PO Simus... exactly what would?  I mean, yes, we've been breaking the chain of command a lot by just ordering construction crews around, let alone artifact testing, but what have I been doing that's not justified by you being MIA?  Plus, in-character, I have been messaging Simus about damn near everything asking for permission.  Just because she's in a coma doesn't mean I should sit on my thumbs and let Heph idle.

Anyways, Paris, I decided against communicating with just charades, because we can only prompt the gun with questions.  Sure, I might be able to get it to agree to shoot certain things for the experiment, and maybe ask it some questions about it's nature, but it won't be able to give any information that I don't specifically ask about.  Any other method of communicating, like with an ouija board, would still require doing the same containment breaching stuff, so I decided a datapad is best- it can type quickly, plus draw if it becomes necessary.

And I highly doubt the gun can't understand spaglish; the planet it came from had, at best, an accent of spaglish as their language, so if it can't understand me it's probably incapable of understanding language.  If it's incapable of understanding langauge, I'm not gonna start drawing pictures for it, or possess a robosod to do charades.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: November 07, 2014, 04:16:27 pm »

And found out something that could be useful.

...Of course, I wasn't expecting the -inside- of a ship protected by automanip space magic to be super-heat-resistant spacemetal.

But it burns. BURNS.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: November 07, 2014, 04:51:34 pm »

Piecewise, can we please have a dedicated Hephaestus OOC Thread?
It may double as Tinker OOC, ARM Strategy Discussion, ARM Science threads or whatever for now (and maybe in the future those will even need to be separated themselves), but at the moment 'Hephaestus OOC' is what is needed most, I believe.
The need being the reduction of clutter in the Hephaestus thread, by PyroDesu's request, and venting the talk-effort somewhere else, yet more on-topic and dedicated than this current General OOC thread.

I dare guess this would be the general consent of those creating said OOC-chatter there (apart from the thread name, which can be settled later anyway) and no polls are needed - only your GM confirmation and consent.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: November 07, 2014, 04:52:40 pm »

Why not call it "War Progress Discussion" so as to cover activities on other planets that aren't missions as well?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: November 07, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »

Yep, works just as well. The issue is, as I pointed, we need a separate dedicated discussion thread, and its title can be settled afterwards.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 2205