Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493560 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9495 on: September 30, 2014, 09:25:04 am »

I think the protectorate suit is bulky enough as to nullify the MkIII's strength bonus - pw said it was heavy and the soldiers who use it don't exactly favor acrobatics - but Feyri has more Str bonuses (natural stats, synth-flesh) going for her anyway. Milno's suit only has partial milno-plate armor exactly because I didn't wanna lose that nice bonus.
I really hope that is not actually so. At the very least, it only requires 10 Str for using, which should be quite less than what the exoskeleton can provide. Plus, from its description I imagine it being functionally near-identical to one thinned battlesuit layer coverall (given how both use fibrometallic layering to resist lasers), only flexible and somewhat lighter (thus maybe slightly less solid projectile-resistant than Milno-plate).
Perhaps similar in encumbrance regard to the Avatar cloak? (described as a cloak of lead weight-wise, presumably high Str requirement, yet hasn't ever been shown to weight down or constrict movement)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9496 on: September 30, 2014, 10:49:59 am »

Reading about all that brain-copying, I wonder if perhaps we should just feed Milno into that brain-reading chamber?.. Maybe after a couple missions so that he rounds off his stats.
I mean, sure, possibly we'll lose the Sir Snark Honey Badger Milno Enedrasi, but then we'll get a whole army of Milno's, wouldn't we? The UWM would basically be over when it is infiltrated and sabotaged and completely and methodically eradicated, all at the same time and on all sides!
It'd be like an army of clones from SW, except they'd all be snarky and competent on top of that. :P

Piecewise, does the brain-progenitor really have to die? Earlier (years ago when it was first brought up) you mentioned flat 50% chance of perma-death in blueprinting a character's brain. Does it mean that sometimes the process can fail to produce brain-print while still killing the donor, or that sods' fates are simplified compared to the (former) inmates' ones? Or has it simply been retconned since then?

Ninja'd:
I would like to bring attention of Piecewise and lw to Mir's skills, originally posted here and approved here (also found in idiots_in_space.txt).

The point is that he has grand total 8 skillpoints, while starting amount is supposed to be 5. Is he GM approved superskilled newbie? Or is rebalancing in order? Or was this already discussed and handled at some point of time?
Got lw's attention at the problem, so far it seems there's been a fuckup somewhere.
The mechanical copying of the forge isn't the same as the dark magic of the doctor.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: September 30, 2014, 10:52:39 am »

Yay MK3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: September 30, 2014, 11:09:48 am »

Yay MK3.

At least a fourth of ER's moments of relief or happiness so far can be summed up by this.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: September 30, 2014, 12:33:46 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9500 on: September 30, 2014, 01:12:19 pm »

Tick tock tick tock. Keep watching traffic while waiting for store to open. Is the basic structure of cars similiar as they are IRL, inflatable tires and all that?
More important question, do they have motorcycles? Or small vehicles that can easily navigate traffic and small spaces?
Because you could just fit them with an airplane engine or something to make them go super fast, fix the suspension, add some bulletproofing and pull an Italian Job. Just got to figure out a way to loose any aerial pursuers.
Unless they have an underground railway system or similar, in which case you can just drive away through there to loose your pursuers and get to your unassuming getaway vehicles you have put in place beforehand. Or just hop on a train.
The above assume you don't go full stealth, of course.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: September 30, 2014, 01:39:06 pm »

I personally would go for full stealth route, but it ultimately depends how things turn out.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: September 30, 2014, 02:41:57 pm »

How'd he have babysat M15?
Actually it's implied he knows what Xan is, so maybe he could've.
Makes you wonder why he let me walk around, but eh.

Same reason Miya doesn't instantly destroy him and scatter the ashes to the void for a disaster like M15: game fun for players comes before hyper realism. Still might want to be weary how far you try to push that boundary though...

Aw fish. >:I
I knew I should've modified the Protectorate suit for suspension and mobility.

Don't think it'll be a problem though. I'd ask pw how wearing that afflicts you before jumping to conclusions. And besides, even if it does give a -1 strength in order to retain mobility, you've got enough in that stat to spare.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: September 30, 2014, 02:45:18 pm »

Fine. Mostly because that mask won't come off
Oh, fuck.
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: September 30, 2014, 02:53:58 pm »

Mission 18 seems to be such an obvious set-up, I'm beginning to think maybe everything is true after all, just to twist our expectations.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: September 30, 2014, 03:26:12 pm »

Mission 18 seems to be such an obvious set-up, I'm beginning to think maybe everything is true after all, just to twist our expectations.

It's probably not a setup in and of itself, methinks. After all, if it's not a setup, then that means we get to transport a volatile eldritch abomination across a desert, during which process it will unleash a multitude of horrid plagues on us, and we won't be able to set it free because it's immortal outside of a very specific unholy area. There's also probably Eater of Cold cultists who'll try and set it free along the way, or merely ordinary people/some of us that it manages to brainwash and force to go crazy. Not to mention that it is the Eater of Cold - that means it either eats things and is cold (in which case the title refers to death) or it figuratively eats cold and produces heat (and extra heat in the desert is death, after all), or it's some combination of the two, or something else completely awful.

Of course, it could just be that our contact (because, let's face it, the host is almost definitely either Steve's contact or our original interpreter) has been mistaken for something terrible and we're just ritually murdering a semi-normal, if insane dude (or maybe he's actually being trailed by the Eater of Cold).

In any case, I'm hoping that this is that sort of mission, because all of these things sound really quite fun to deal with.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: September 30, 2014, 03:26:53 pm »

Oh, and I can now fly around hitting people with my sword. YES.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: September 30, 2014, 03:27:33 pm »

PW, does my mask let the emotions through? I mean, should I just don't care about it, or should I hand-sculpt all my emotions on the mask?
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9508 on: September 30, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »

One of the funniest ways to get your players killed is to give them a very simple and very easy quest.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: September 30, 2014, 03:34:35 pm »

One of the funniest ways to get your players killed is to give them a very simple and very easy quest.
Which is why M15 will be so memorable, I think!

And man, I need to read the armory more. Didn't even realize Protectorate Armor was a thing, and it's pretty damn close to what I was going to try to design. Now I don't think I'll have to!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 2205