Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493200 times)

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9480 on: September 28, 2014, 10:24:05 pm »

I'd suggest just breaking up the table into multiple tables so that the links will appear in the table of contents.
I think the problem when i tried that was that all the tables got sized independently, so the columns were in different places and it made scanning up and down really difficult.
You could define a width ratio, like I did for the Nyars tables. Say that each column is 25% of the screen width for example. I can do it myself once I get back to my PC.
If you can make that work that'd be awesome.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: September 29, 2014, 01:35:04 pm »

I would like to bring attention of Piecewise and lw to Mir's skills, originally posted here and approved here (also found in idiots_in_space.txt).

The point is that he has grand total 8 skillpoints, while starting amount is supposed to be 5. Is he GM approved superskilled newbie? Or is rebalancing in order? Or was this already discussed and handled at some point of time?

Solved.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:00:08 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: September 29, 2014, 01:40:28 pm »

Reading about all that brain-copying, I wonder if perhaps we should just feed Milno into that brain-reading chamber?.. Maybe after a couple missions so that he rounds off his stats.
I mean, sure, possibly we'll lose the Sir Snark Honey Badger Milno Enedrasi, but then we'll get a whole army of Milno's, wouldn't we? The UWM would basically be over when it is infiltrated and sabotaged and completely and methodically eradicated, all at the same time and on all sides!
It'd be like an army of clones from SW, except they'd all be snarky and competent on top of that. :P

Piecewise, does the brain-progenitor really have to die? Earlier (years ago when it was first brought up) you mentioned flat 50% chance of perma-death in blueprinting a character's brain. Does it mean that sometimes the process can fail to produce brain-print while still killing the donor, or that sods' fates are simplified compared to the (former) inmates' ones? Or has it simply been retconned since then?

Ninja'd:
I would like to bring attention of Piecewise and lw to Mir's skills, originally posted here and approved here (also found in idiots_in_space.txt).

The point is that he has grand total 8 skillpoints, while starting amount is supposed to be 5. Is he GM approved superskilled newbie? Or is rebalancing in order? Or was this already discussed and handled at some point of time?
Got lw's attention at the problem, so far it seems there's been a fuckup somewhere.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: September 29, 2014, 01:46:08 pm »

Yeah, seems like I did the character creation the wrong way. But I just can't imagine messing up something crucial like that.
...I redacted the wiki so Mir's skill points summed up = 5.
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: September 29, 2014, 01:58:49 pm »

Was Mir active during the timeskip? Because he could've gained skill points then.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: September 29, 2014, 03:35:09 pm »

Was Mir active during the timeskip? Because he could've gained skill points then.
Looks like no. lw didn't join the game until after the timeskip as far as I can tell.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: September 29, 2014, 04:20:32 pm »

query to all
How the hell is Feyri going to hide fifteen-odd large guns on her person? Quantum pockets? An invisible sled?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: September 29, 2014, 04:31:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/sup][/pre][/sup]
[/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup]
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: September 29, 2014, 04:37:28 pm »

query to all
How the hell is Feyri going to hide fifteen-odd large guns on her person? Quantum pockets? An invisible sled?
She won't be hiding my gun. It's attached to my character's arm. Well, I mean she could, it'd just be really awkward.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: September 29, 2014, 07:37:37 pm »

query to all
"Give it to me or any other person capable of concealment[...]"
*Feyri gets all the guns*

On the plus side, given my faceplate and the massive armor on my body, you could take me as a...salvage bot :V

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9490 on: September 29, 2014, 07:46:40 pm »

Reminds me of Lukas. He was like a mobile armoury robot.

Hey, you can pretend you're wandering weapon salesmen. :P
"We've brought you new and exotic weapons! Care for a demonstration?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: September 29, 2014, 07:49:01 pm »

I think the protectorate suit is bulky enough as to nullify the MkIII's strength bonus - pw said it was heavy and the soldiers who use it don't exactly favor acrobatics - but Feyri has more Str bonuses (natural stats, synth-flesh) going for her anyway. Milno's suit only has partial milno-plate armor exactly because I didn't wanna lose that nice bonus.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: September 29, 2014, 07:50:47 pm »

Reminds me of Lukas. He was like a mobile armoury robot.

Hey, you can pretend you're wandering weapon salesmen. :P
"We've brought you new and exotic weapons! Care for a demonstration?"
Nup! Can't talk, see.
So Imagine me as a hulky, armored weapon carrier. Hopefully nobody knows I'm sentient. Which is pretty much a good idea.

I think the protectorate suit is bulky enough as to nullify the MkIII's strength bonus - pw said it was heavy and the soldiers who use it don't exactly favor acrobatics - but Feyri has more Str bonuses (natural stats, synth-flesh) going for her anyway. Milno's suit only has partial milno-plate armor exactly because I didn't wanna lose that nice bonus.
Aw fish. >:I
I knew I should've modified the Protectorate suit for suspension and mobility.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: September 29, 2014, 08:50:08 pm »

Reading about all that brain-copying, I wonder if perhaps we should just feed Milno into that brain-reading chamber?.. Maybe after a couple missions so that he rounds off his stats.
I mean, sure, possibly we'll lose the Sir Snark Honey Badger Milno Enedrasi, but then we'll get a whole army of Milno's, wouldn't we? The UWM would basically be over when it is infiltrated and sabotaged and completely and methodically eradicated, all at the same time and on all sides!
It'd be like an army of clones from SW, except they'd all be snarky and competent on top of that. :P

An army of drunken aussie cannon fodder or anthromorphic cat-women sounds far better though. Since when has ER been about practicality?

On the Steve stat thing, that's pretty fair. PW could just go "A rock falls from the ceiling." on us instead :D
It's a game. Have fun.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9494 on: September 30, 2014, 03:46:35 am »

Tek, having totally been there the whole time, follows the synthflesh with the distinctly green voice.  While walking he recalls the mission details.

Tek was fascinated by his surroundings.  At the same time, though, he felt uneasy.  It probably had something to do with the fact that he had missed the briefing.  He began to speak, mostly to himself, to test the translator he had picked up before leaving.  "Interesting.  My home, it consists of constricting passages made haphazardly from scrap.  The cities there are large, but they feel small.  Here it is different.  The wide open space, it almost makes me claustrophobic.

What are we doing here again?  Haha, just kidding, yes, Tek knows what he is doing..."
Just one little problem that makes this stasis dementia. If we had things like universal translators that were handed out for free, then we wouldn't need Steve to come along with you to translate.

Speaking of Steve, you think he has some offline data stored in that body or will it freeze and lock up as soon as it looses contact with the Sword?
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 2205