Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492941 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9405 on: September 26, 2014, 01:55:36 pm »

So kind of like a better protected, more futuristic Gemini Spacesuit? O

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: September 26, 2014, 02:21:40 pm »

Can I test it?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: September 26, 2014, 03:21:57 pm »

I can paint guns with the DEATHCUBE!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: September 26, 2014, 03:27:29 pm »

Deathcube?  More like Artcube
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: September 26, 2014, 03:30:53 pm »

It's too niche for mortals to survive!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: September 26, 2014, 04:51:32 pm »

Where are you going with this feyri? I feel like you're preparing for an obstacle that may or may not exist.
I want to be stabilized as I hold the biggest support-squad guns. :V

Also I'd at least like to be protected from the temperature [as in, quick-shifting temperature? Lacking the words to describe it]. Part of original character idea post M1 (that is partially impossible now because no natural body. Anymore.)

It's pretty heavy and armored. You'd probably be ok.  The protectorate suit, assuming you have it all on, is rated at least as good against environmental problems as a MKIII, although it doesn't really matter, you being non-human anyways.
Feyri quite much remembers that incident with a stoopid miner in that sharkmist mission because she didn't shoot first, and lacked protection versus invisible laser.

Oh hey, do cameyes perceive lasers like that? Is there any visual device out there that is able to perceive most -rays available in the armory?

>  Buy 2 of Extra Fuel pods [MKIII]
> Buy 1 Jumping Leg Braces
> Ask the AM if there's any type of conversion kit that is able to switch from the original weapon stats to the converted idea on the field.
> Buy 1 Protectorate Suit.
Hopefully that's 15 tokens, with the note for the AM being a query.

> Get on that shuttle...

Tir, some things:
-With the Mk.III, you have about al the stability you'll need in most reasonable situations. And that thing can lock its joints when needed.
-That suit also protects you from heat. Not perfect protection, but that's all but impossible anyways.
-Yes, cameyes see lasers as far as I know.
-You don't really need those braces with the suit you have.

There's proto-armor? I don't think that got into the armory.
Sign me up retroactively though. What exactly were the armor specs?

All the conditions for the prototype weapons also apply. You agree with those? If yes, you can have it.

Can I test it?
Dude, I scored you a Mk.III, which is vastly superior.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 04:57:23 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: September 26, 2014, 04:55:54 pm »

Sorry... :-[
Edited...and thanks.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: September 26, 2014, 05:23:20 pm »

About the MCP suits, I'm pretty sure they were decided to have no extra features from the MK.II or whatever.  They do have an improved heat exchange over the MK.I- instead of a single bulky thing on the back, the entire exterior is used.

Also, they have no armor like that at all, aside from the helmet which was stolen from the MK.I.  They're just a full-body (very) skin tight suit.  And by that, I mean they look like they're sized for children when not worn.
Spoiler: Like This (click to show/hide)

Also, when you're wounded, it either makes bleeding worse or better.  On one hand, it might provide pressure that stops bleeding.  On the other, it might squeeze more blood out.  BUT, you won't get depressurized!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: September 26, 2014, 06:04:40 pm »

Ooh, I just finished reading the whole Mission 15, and my, now I do understand the docked pay. Pity we'll never know whether there was anything worth grabbing in those crates. Or what those letters on them really meant. Oh well.
Also, I found that the STAN part went absolutely terrific while accompanied by the tune of "Don't Stop Me Now" :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: September 26, 2014, 06:41:09 pm »

@Pyro. Mission 18=death. That's the whole point, plus the amusement factor. Getting "better" armour would only get in the way of that. Although, red toothpaste tube/convict squirting does sound pretty funny for when the suit goes wrong when injured. I'll test one next mission (after I'm dead, of course).
It's a game. Have fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: September 26, 2014, 07:49:53 pm »

I had an idea for a "pilot" suit that was slim as possible and designed to be worn by people inside Battlesuits or other cockpit-type situations, where having environment protection is still good but something bulky like a MkIII isn't.  The MCP suit seems like a step in the right direction, but I figure more can be done.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: September 26, 2014, 08:10:25 pm »

Could it be made 60's style space-alien-chick shiny? Anti-laser coating perhaps (up to about a normal laser rifle's worth of protection)? Might offer some weird camouflage in the right situation if it was mirror level of reflection too.

Like this, but a full suit (so as not to be camouflaged as a waitress or hooker):
www.cheapfancydress.com/buy/womens-fancy-dress-costumes/ladies-sexy-costumes/ladies-sexy-alien-space-girl-costume

Ah, my google-fu is working. Like this, with a helmet:

www.ebay.com/itm/350579491027?nav=SEARCH
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 08:22:26 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: September 26, 2014, 08:40:22 pm »

@Toaster
It is literally a skin tight bodysuit with a helmet.  What would you do, cut bits of it off?  Remove the insulative layer of the suit?  Either of those would almost completely nullify the environmental advantage it gives... and then what?  Why is the person even wearing it?

@Sambo

ಠ_ಠ

We're already issuing skin tight bodysuits.  Our equipment does not need to look more like fetish gear.

((Seriously though, issuing any form of armor along with it would be a bad idea because it would be bulkier, and costlier- 4 tokens to the newbie instead of 5.  If you want to be shiny so you're shot first, bug the AM until she gives you a spray can.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: September 26, 2014, 09:23:36 pm »

Didn't realize our mk1's had been upgraded. I'm still imagining mine as a pretty bulky thing (with a huge, old clunky generator backpack on it). Less like Sean's piccy, more like Apollo missions style.

It was more for the battle-suit internal-suit though. Who cares if you're wearing spandex when you hop out of one of them? Everything's either dead, suitably impressed anyway, or you've got a bigger-than-fashion problem at the time (ie: the thing that made you leave your battle-suit).
It's a game. Have fun.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: September 26, 2014, 10:46:12 pm »

Personal interest. Oh deer.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 2205