Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493699 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8625 on: August 29, 2014, 01:54:52 pm »

Remember Mesk's regenerative bots are not nanobots; piecewise said you can actually see them crawling around under his skin, indicating they're actually kind of sizable.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: August 29, 2014, 01:54:53 pm »

The Doc knows the source; you could always ask if he's got a lead on another source.

Then he'll probably surprise syringe you and do some experimentation on you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: August 29, 2014, 02:10:48 pm »

@NAV To avoid future possible misunderstanding: I had a similar, but notably different design in mind (for quite some time already) which I might try to tinker later. Or completely forget and discard. Just so you know.
In all honesty, I'd have probably been tinkering it right now just to compare their performance and cost were it not for this Embassy to Civilian Crew.  ;)
Or maybe you could tinker it for me, and then we let Simus decide which design is better. What do you say?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: August 29, 2014, 02:52:27 pm »

IIRC, Mesk's healing bots are about the size of your thumbnail, and can be seen crawling around under his skin.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: August 29, 2014, 04:08:50 pm »

@NAV To avoid future possible misunderstanding: I had a similar, but notably different design in mind (for quite some time already) which I might try to tinker later. Or completely forget and discard. Just so you know.
In all honesty, I'd have probably been tinkering it right now just to compare their performance and cost were it not for this Embassy to Civilian Crew.  ;)
Or maybe you could tinker it for me, and then we let Simus decide which design is better. What do you say?
Well, that makes things more interesting (in a good way of course.)
What's your idea?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: August 29, 2014, 04:31:47 pm »

Exit vr.
"Hey Steve, do you have a shooting range on this ship where I can test this strange gun? Cause the only way I can test it with a vr machine is by shooting it at one."
Way to test Nyars gun?

Umm, didn't the last time you tested the number gun cause you to need a robobody? I'm not sure firing that on the ship is a good idea...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8631 on: August 29, 2014, 04:36:46 pm »

Exit vr.
"Hey Steve, do you have a shooting range on this ship where I can test this strange gun? Cause the only way I can test it with a vr machine is by shooting it at one."
Way to test Nyars gun?
Steve let me go out of the ship and test my gun on some sample containers and on some food trays I got from the rec room. But he warned me that if I caused too much damage on the ship, I was going to have to pay for it. Unless Steve allows you to use the lab for testing (which I doubt, since nobody has been allowed in there (even though it's probably mostly empty now that everyone is on Hephaestus)) you can go out the airlock.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: August 29, 2014, 04:56:38 pm »

I thought of making a tiny mythril cone and setting it atop a kinetic amp.
That way the issue of 'piercing' kinetic amp-tipped weapons (piledrivers, spears, rapiers, spiked clubs, whatever) could finally be solved. There might be some issues with the exact rules of irresistible force paradox applying here and/or exact application of amplified force, but I believe they can be solved with one or two cool engineering tricks.

But then, having pierced the armor, we might still lack the stopping/devastating power to deal enough damage to the meaty insides (one of the problems which might as well arise with your own design - say, even poking through a human with such a needle might prove not quite outright lethal if it missed the vitals, especially against Mk II or something like that). That's why I believe our piercing weapon should at the same time be a means of delivering some other kind of grisly death. If the mythril is electrically conductive, we could probably zap the insides; other ways may include forcing chemicals up the hollow weapons shaft into the wound, or... I dunno.

Anyway, I was mostly thinking here of a rapier as well (long-reaching agile battlecan-piercer), but other designs could work too. Perhaps just a straightforward war hammer to smash those pesky battlesuits open. Or the claws Bishop once considered installing. Or, hell, just spiked kinetic amp glove/knuckles, an upgrade to the default armory item.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: August 29, 2014, 05:12:20 pm »

10,000 years 73 days will give you SUCH a crick in the protoplasm!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: August 29, 2014, 06:10:48 pm »

Anyone care to explain the TPU system for weapons to me? Recharging laser rifle coming right up. I'm assuming it's up to me to keep track of ammo for it.

Probably won't be too big of an issue. Rifle will go from "x" to empty pretty quickly in Sambo's hands. It's just a matter of determining "x".
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:14:55 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: August 29, 2014, 06:28:35 pm »

Did you get the Gungnir conversion kit? If so, I think it's infinite, meaning you can fire it 'till it melts.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8636 on: August 29, 2014, 06:30:34 pm »

@Mythril sword/knife thing: These are the suggestions that came in mind for the bayonet.

Add a kinamp so that you can use it as anti-armour:
You stab the battlesuit, then press the kinamp activation button to create a shockwave. (Something that strikes the kinamp to create the shockwave should also be added.) That way, you stab the battlesuit, then press the button to blow it apart. It's usefulness however is debatable, since you could probably achieve similar, if weakened results via normal kinamp punch.

Actually do away with the whole "sword" thing and turn it into a really long needle:
That way, you stab something, inject the substance of your choice and you're done. You're facing a human? Stab him and fill him full of high pressure air. That'd be like an explosion going off inside him. You're facing a battlesuit? Give it an injection of clf3. You're facing a door to a bunker? Give it a large injection of clf3. That ought to kill everything in there. Or better yet, find some sort of relatively inexpensive liquid explosive you can inject to things. That way you can use it to open doors without much fear by blowing up a man-shaped hole in them via controlled injections. Of course, this has the downside of being more fragile and very hard to use properly.

Set the sword on fire:
No reason. Just because everything is better when on fire.
Seriously though, if you make the blade very hot (as in insanely hot, it should be able to handle it, it's nigh-invulnerable after all) then the moment you penetrate the thermal shielding provided by a MK1 armour or similar, you can pretty much burn everything with your miniature sun. The downside is that it doesn't really solve the "can't penetrate a battlesuit" problem (although it can probably do wonders on its joints and eyes) and that it takes a long time to activate and deactivate (which means danger of being caught of guard and danger of self-injury respectively) and that it's much more visible than a regular knife. But hey, if you can make them glow a certain colour, you could sell them as lightsabres.

Create some sort of reusable ranged weapon based on the design to justify the cost:
Probably wouldn't work, since there are gauss rounds that can do the same and more for the same price. Still, a mythril crossbow would probably look badass  If it doesn't end up being totally ridiculously silly.

@sambojin: Generators are theoretically infinite. They'll keep the capacitors filled forever.

There is, however, an issue. You need a 4TPU generator to run a laser rifle but it's a tad expensive. If you want to save money, you could get a smaller generator (e.g 2 TPU) to save money, however that would mean that the laser would turn into a pulse laser. Instead of firing continuously, it would fire for a while (until its capacitors discharge, time depends on intensity setting) and then it would have to recharge.

So, if money is an issue, you might want to check that in tinker. Otherwise, just buy a 4TPU generator  and you'll be set until you die.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: August 29, 2014, 06:36:38 pm »

Any idea of what a 4TPU generator costs? Remembering that I've got -2 speech and I'm buying it from the AM. Or maybe the Chief can do some sort of pow-wow negotiations for me.

5 tokens to blow on a gun.....
It's a game. Have fun.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: August 29, 2014, 06:39:40 pm »

Does anyone know how to add in links on the wiki? I was gonna edit in my character sheet to include missions 11 and 12, but I'm not sure how to link.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: August 29, 2014, 06:41:27 pm »

@sambojin
4 3 tokens for one off the HGC
(but you are probably better off with two gauss rifle ones: 2TPU, 1 token)

(and no, I have no idea why they are priced that way)
Edit:Checked my notes for correct pricing and TPU output.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:45:19 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 2205