Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494187 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8205 on: August 11, 2014, 08:38:20 am »

I'm probably going full Hermit next week.=. My girlfriend will be leaving so it will be the perfect time for Piecewise to withdraw from society and begin a mysterious construction.  My magic system is getting close to complete so I'd like to finish it.

It is complex enough that it, at the moment, has something like 3 documents and 50 or so pages behind it, though there's redundancy there that needs to be addressed.
Neat! Would this be a magic system we've heard about before?
Maybe vaguely. I've posted one or two things related to it, talked to some people about it, and even have one random person around here who knows a lot about it but is sworn to secrecy.

I can tell you it is a very different magic system then the ones I've had before, one in which planning and ritual are emphisized and which off the cuff magic use is basically non-existent. Though I have used it to turn a pair of brass knuckles into a kinetic amplifier, so there is that.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: August 11, 2014, 09:02:46 am »

Will meticulous and careful planning be enough to offset poor rolls?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: August 11, 2014, 10:32:21 am »

Well, if experience taught us anything, it's that we can count on PW to make an interesting system to play with. Looking forward to it! ^_^

If ER is any indication, then probably only sometimes. And if the players will be anything like the players in ER, then I doubt that even careful planning AND good rolls will be able to prevent some kind of absolutely stupid cataclysm from spontaneously occurring anyway. :P

Also, PW, would that magic system perchance have anything to do with what you posted in Limbo? That one picture you asked people to analyze looked suspiciously like something out of Full Metal Alchemist. Especially if it's based around planning and rituals...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8208 on: August 11, 2014, 10:38:53 am »

The magic system itself is roll-less, as it is. The system I intend to use it with has rolls, but the actual magic stuff is wholly determined by how you set things up.

Well, if experience taught us anything, it's that we can count on PW to make an interesting system to play with. Looking forward to it! ^_^

If ER is any indication, then probably only sometimes. And if the players will be anything like the players in ER, then I doubt that even careful planning AND good rolls will be able to prevent some kind of absolutely stupid cataclysm from spontaneously occurring anyway. :P

Also, PW, would that magic system perchance have anything to do with what you posted in Limbo? That one picture you asked people to analyze looked suspiciously like something out of Full Metal Alchemist. Especially if it's based around planning and rituals...
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: August 11, 2014, 01:25:18 pm »

Welp. Auron is scrood. I'd say nice knowing you, but I didn't really know you. Especially ICly. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: August 11, 2014, 02:05:41 pm »

"Screw it."

Fire entire battery of laser rifle at Faith. Don't stop firing.

"OI! LOOK AT THIS!"

Quick, let's all make bets on how many friendlies he hits with this action!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: August 11, 2014, 02:07:12 pm »

I was going to use my sword then I remember what Faith was. So laser rifle it is.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: August 11, 2014, 02:08:41 pm »

"Screw it."

Fire entire battery of laser rifle at Faith. Don't stop firing.

"OI! LOOK AT THIS!"
Quick, let's all make bets on how many friendlies he hits with this action!

My bet: 2
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: August 11, 2014, 02:18:32 pm »

Someone's missing a perfect opportunity to use the teamkiller rifle.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: August 11, 2014, 02:24:31 pm »

Gosh it's a lot funnier when you're not one of the ones she's attacking.

Re: the locked door on the second floor, i just doublechecked and (as Swordsmith said) it looks like Faith used the keys last. But she did say to "borrow" them. So we could, reasonably, assume that Taddok still has the keys (or they're lying around somewhere) and thus we can use them to open the door. Maybe.

We could probably also just rip the door out of the wall.

Or Morul could voidwalk past and open it from the other side.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8215 on: August 11, 2014, 02:33:04 pm »

I say we say we got the keys for convenience's sake.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: August 11, 2014, 02:43:56 pm »

Faith may have only borrowed them, but when she opened the door she came face-to-face with three cultists. We could say she dropped them or whatever, but if anyone still has them, I'd say it's her.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8217 on: August 11, 2014, 02:47:48 pm »

Faith may have only borrowed them, but when she opened the door she came face-to-face with three cultists. We could say she dropped them or whatever, but if anyone still has them, I'd say it's her.
Yeah, but she was captured later. She could had dropped the keys then.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: August 11, 2014, 03:07:34 pm »

Well the keys are like Schrödinger's cat, right? Until we actually observe the keys, they could be either alive or dead… wait, how did this metaphor go again? :/

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: August 11, 2014, 03:11:47 pm »

So I know Cecil won't know but. How hard will it be to punch off a synthflesh limb from Faith?
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 2205