Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494230 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8190 on: August 10, 2014, 01:55:32 am »

Does anyone on the mission know about the Sheep's coordinates IC? I know they were mentioned before Jason's psychedelic experience, but were they shared?

Edit: Wait, the UE mentioned them in one of the missions, right?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: August 10, 2014, 01:58:55 am »

But Faith wasn't carried out if i remember correctly, didn't Anne smash open a wall and jump out because she wanted to protect her boyfriends shiny new robot body?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8192 on: August 10, 2014, 01:16:00 pm »

I'm probably going full Hermit next week.=. My girlfriend will be leaving so it will be the perfect time for Piecewise to withdraw from society and begin a mysterious construction.  My magic system is getting close to complete so I'd like to finish it.

It is complex enough that it, at the moment, has something like 3 documents and 50 or so pages behind it, though there's redundancy there that needs to be addressed.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: August 10, 2014, 01:21:44 pm »

I'm probably going full Hermit next week.=. My girlfriend will be leaving so it will be the perfect time for Piecewise to withdraw from society and begin a mysterious construction.  My magic system is getting close to complete so I'd like to finish it.

It is complex enough that it, at the moment, has something like 3 documents and 50 or so pages behind it, though there's redundancy there that needs to be addressed.

Well, have fun with it. Be sure to snatch up some torn robes and a book of platitudes, should people come to seek guidance you can rock the full hermit style.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8194 on: August 10, 2014, 02:18:49 pm »

Find some kind of telemarketer and sell it as an actual book about real magic. You'll make good money.

Alternatively, print it in a leatherbound book (or use a leatherbound e-book) and go around in black robes, drawing symbols in chalk (or pig blood) and chanting spells.

Seriously though, have fun. Sounds like a good system. Hope I'm around here if you start testing it so that I can reserve a spot.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: August 10, 2014, 05:13:59 pm »

Hustle upstairs to the second floor.

((Aren't you supposed to be watching that basement door right now?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: August 10, 2014, 05:20:42 pm »

Have fun! Though if you get a chance to get out and it's in your area, you may want to check out the Lil' Wayne VS. Drake Street Fighter Concert.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8197 on: August 10, 2014, 06:57:05 pm »

Hey, I just thought of a way flesh sods can be superior to robot sods. You can make flesh sods that give birth to sod clones as long as they have enough food. That way you can drop a few sods on a planet and end up with an army. The advantage over a mechanical cloning platform is that it is more robust, more easily concealable and movable and that each Mother sod can create more Mother sods, unlike a mechanical platform that requires more specialized equipment to be built. Thus it allows you to acquire more troops and replenish losses without having to send more sods from Hephaestus or build flesh pits on conquered planets or have flesh pits carried by ships. The obvious drawback is speed and the fact that as a biological process there is higher chance of imperfections and mutations appearing. Of course, there are ways to counter that, like DNA tests where everyone that fails is recycled.

I'd suggest a more ant-like approach, but then next thing we know we'd probably end up developing xenomorphs with acid for blood and that never ends well.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:59:34 pm by Parisbre56 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: August 10, 2014, 07:00:08 pm »

So they're like some kind of horrible von Neumann probe? Hmm... what if those bodies could just have a sod brain module placed in them? That way they're compatible with robo-sods and thoughtspheres and Xan.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8199 on: August 10, 2014, 07:17:27 pm »

You'd have to find a way for it to accept both organic and mechanical brain cases, but other than that I don't see why not. Although that would make the system more complicated. And you'd need to mess with their biology so that their hearts and lungs are somewhere else, maybe make them have a less humanoid shape and add more armour around them (here's another advantage, you can program them to give birth to different breeds of sods with different physical and mental characteistics). Although, the way I see it, that seems kind of unnecessary, at least in the use cases I'm imagining. Because if someone important enough to use a thoughtsphere is deploying on a planet, then there are probably going to be some robosods deployed with him. That way the flesh sods can be the meat shield (pun intended) while robosods are the more advanced and more valuable shock troops the thought sphere user will be using.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: August 10, 2014, 10:38:37 pm »

Neat! Would this be a magic system we've heard about before?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: August 11, 2014, 01:21:54 am »

If you're making birthing sods just make WH40K orcs. Much cheaper, much more effective.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: August 11, 2014, 01:24:16 am »

Feyri checked her Rotary.

"Yeah, no. You throw in one of my stun grenades (which I believe is my last unless the rest I gave to the others are still intact) and announce our presence, I'll 'emphasize' our entrance."

Get to where Yttra announced; shoot it up as per training dictates. Be wholly aware--if I'm actually shooting an ally, or if our entrance is not met with immediate aggression, hesitate and examine the area.
"I have…" she checks "4 flashbangs. And 2 goo grenades. And 2 smoke grenades."

Ready flashbang. Carefully throw / roll / lob it into wherever Feyri breaches. Try not to *&^% up.
((@Tiruin, yobbo: Both your actions depend on the other acting first. If you don't want to do nothing, you might want to consider changing them.))

I can't throw anything until the door's opened so i assume we're breaching it with the minigun?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: August 11, 2014, 01:24:48 am »

Making 40k Orks is near impossible, even for ER.

Just use my clones from the automated system I'm going to set up whenever I get revived.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8204 on: August 11, 2014, 03:30:31 am »

Let me highlight the problem for you:
Get to where Yttra announced;
Carefully throw / roll / lob it into wherever Feyri breaches.
((@Tiruin, yobbo: Both your actions depend on the other acting first. If you don't want to do nothing, you might want to consider changing them.))
Neither of you has indicated where you want to go. Both your actions depend on a location the other has indicated first.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 2205