Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493982 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8175 on: August 08, 2014, 04:16:00 pm »

"Keravnovolos" means both "thunder thrower" and "as fast as lightning". You can start playing "Thunderstruck" from your speakers and you're all set. Then again, I don't think Ancient Greek names are that good for weapons in an English game. They're better for planets or spaceships.

Or you could just call it Laser And Tesla Emitting Rifle. That would allow terrible jokes, like "You see me LATER, but I won't see you. Because you'll be dead! Get it?" That gives you a high chance you won't have to shoot, because your enemy's head will explode.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: August 09, 2014, 02:06:52 am »

break the dead guy's spine and dislocate his hips an shoulders then fold him up and stick him in a box whilst pretending hes a contortioninst.
Damnit stop trying so hard to fail the secret primary objective ><

-snip-
This made me laugh out loud. Good roleplaying Yobbo.
Thanks its good to know i'm not just entertaining myself :)

If May was still here, she'd ask Yttra why she keeps speaking in a random series of characters, (ex.: "*/^%$")
I'm not really comfortable typing out some of the shit that Yttra says.

I mean "sure as fucking cuntworms"? I don't even want to think about what that might mean.

So yeah umm… local slang. Lets go with that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: August 09, 2014, 02:33:32 am »

That was the first thing I thought of, when you guys were talking about shoving the guy in a box, heh.
Good to see Auron taking the initiative. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: August 09, 2014, 03:59:29 am »

Secret primary objective?

I thought ignoring miyamoto and collecting all the things was the secret primary objective?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: August 09, 2014, 05:10:10 am »

I'm betting:

Primary objective = Recruit cult leader into ARM
Secondary objective = Loot all the things
Tertiary objective = Cause general mayhem because it's funny

but ehh, i could be wrong?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8180 on: August 09, 2014, 06:39:59 am »

@Sean: Why not build a space elevator instead of a mass driver? Wouldn't it be cheaper and more efficient and safer?
Unless you want it to double as a defensive cannon, in which case you can simply build more Hammers, shoot the parts and resources into orbit and then assemble them into full ships or defensive installations there. You could surround them with some sort of reusable protective shell (perhaps with a few automanipulators if there is no material capable of surviving the stress of passing through the atmosphere at those speeds). Or you could have the Hammers use vector manipulators to ensure that you can launch ridiculously large ships and that the ship doesn't break apart in the barrel while accelerating.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: August 09, 2014, 06:51:14 am »

I'm betting:

Primary objective = Loot all the cult leader
Secondary objective = Recruit General Mayhem.
Tertiary objective =  Cause things because its funny

but ehh, i could be wrong?
Nope that seems pretty accurate.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: August 09, 2014, 09:56:19 am »

@Sean: Why not build a space elevator instead of a mass driver? Wouldn't it be cheaper and more efficient and safer?
Unless you want it to double as a defensive cannon, in which case you can simply build more Hammers, shoot the parts and resources into orbit and then assemble them into full ships or defensive installations there. You could surround them with some sort of reusable protective shell (perhaps with a few automanipulators if there is no material capable of surviving the stress of passing through the atmosphere at those speeds). Or you could have the Hammers use vector manipulators to ensure that you can launch ridiculously large ships and that the ship doesn't break apart in the barrel while accelerating.

I don't really trust automanipulators not to break something inside the ship when accelerating - just look at the casualty list from the boarding op. A space elevator is an interesting but rather impractical proposal for early ship manifacture, because a mass driver can accomplish almost the same at a lower initial cost, while a space elevator would require orbital construction facilities. A mass driver is a simple, comparatively cheap, and manipulator-less device.

As far as using one for defence, I think it has more use as a resource preservation device. Keeping a massive defence fleet in orbit at all times isn't terribly cheap. Set up a multi-launch rail for the mass driver so you can launch stored ships in sequence, and you can get your forces into orbit in a matter of hours.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: August 09, 2014, 11:14:06 pm »

M15 continues to come up with good ideas.

"Hey Steve, we got you a ship to replace the one we bombarded."
"That is a naval ship, not a spaceship. The hell am I supposed to do with a naval ship in space?"
"Space Pirates?"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: August 09, 2014, 11:33:01 pm »

Trade it for a submarine.

Submarines are like spaceships before the thrusters get attached.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: August 09, 2014, 11:49:55 pm »

The sign reads "Hallbeck Radio Telescope array: 5 Km"
Oh hell no. I knew there was something fishy about that satellite dish.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: August 10, 2014, 12:14:04 am »

But then Steve can't punish people by making them swab the poop deck.  :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: August 10, 2014, 12:43:34 am »

The sign reads "Hallbeck Radio Telescope array: 5 Km"
Oh hell no. I knew there was something fishy about that satellite dish.
She's trying to possess Steve like those earworms from Mission 3 isn't she.
Dammit Anne stop it Steve's gonna nuke the planet more than he already did.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: August 10, 2014, 01:05:30 am »

"I'm going to bombard it all!"
M15: "Steve, since we already got bombarded, can you pick us up from the North Pole first?"
"Sure, why not."
M15: "And we got you a new ship."
"On second thought, ask Santa to give you a ride. TO HELL!"
*BOOOOM!!!!!*

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: August 10, 2014, 01:09:54 am »

I'd say what she's actually doing is going into that basement of yours. Maybe she can't pass the vertigo barrier by herself. IIRC, neither Morul nor Faith were possessed when they got out of the diner. Morul's possessor repressed himself and let him walk out, and Faith was defused and carried out... I think. Or maybe not. Either way I think the corpse was the one with the connection to the radio telescope (check the Sheep's coordinates while you're there, btw), and Faith is going to blast into the diner's basement any moment now.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 2205