Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492416 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7935 on: August 03, 2014, 12:37:16 pm »

The Serial Killer in the Endive (Mission 5) mission:

You raise your glove and prepare to shock the nearest civilian when he begins to talk; they all begin to talk, words coming out of scattered mouths, none saying the complete sentence. 

"It is a mercy, this death I give them. Better this then the coming darkness. I will continue."
"17.3 degrees, 18th radian."

Glassing, as in this:

The UWM on the other hand, their standard response to Altered infection was a Planet Killer system. Which involved dropping 10 ton Iridium shells at a significant percent of c down in a grid pattern with spaces of 10 square miles between them across the entire surface of the planet. To put that in perspective, each impact produces double the amount of energy that the entire human race currently uses in a year. Thats 1,142,000 Tsar Bombas. To put that in further perspective, 1 tsar bomba has enough thermal energy to start fires and cause 3rd degree burns to everything in 70 kilometers of ground zero. The planets that they did that to are STILL cooling, if they even exist in a recognizable form anymore.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7936 on: August 03, 2014, 12:48:40 pm »

What there is to negotiate with a corpse? They should just cut all cables.

Based on the description it sounds like it's wearing a malfunctioning Urban Executor cloak. Hmm...
Rule #1 of the HMRC explorer: Whatever it is, it's probably incredibly powerful capable of murdering you in a thousand ways. Especially if it has any hint of space magic. Rule #1 Addendum: Always be ready to run.
Rule #2 of the HMRC explorer: Always be ready to use your weapon. Rule #2 Addendum 1: Readiness does not mean shooting at anything that moves or shooting prematurely. Rule #1 Correlation: Your weapon might be useless.
Rule #3 of the HMRC explorer: Maximize looting. Rule #1 correlation: If it's worth looting, it's probably incredibly powerful capable of murdering you in a thousand ways. Rule #2 correlation: Do not shoot loot, unless rule #1.

You can see Miyamoto adhering to those rules in Mission 7 for maximum profit, with the added benefit of not hurting the innocent caretakers of the snowglobe, which is always a nice plus. You can also see how acting like you propose in Mission 7 would had been a bad idea. So shooting first is not always the best course of action.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: August 03, 2014, 01:22:14 pm »

PW said we were meeting an old friend, so we may have a winner.

...which means this is really a cult of the Space God that the Sheep is warning us about.

I suggest glassing the planet.

+1 for glassing. Better safe than sorry. Btw, where he did say that thing about old fiend?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: August 03, 2014, 01:26:06 pm »

3 missions coming up in the next system, a blackops one, a visit to an old friend, and an Arctic expedition.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: August 03, 2014, 01:34:58 pm »

That sounds pretty definite, considering that nowhere else were anyone left behind alive.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: August 03, 2014, 01:47:43 pm »

Theres still the second floor and tge northern sewers to search.

Maybe we find more cultists and a different old friend?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7941 on: August 03, 2014, 01:58:30 pm »

Theres still the second floor and tge northern sewers to search.

Maybe we find more cultists and a different old friend?
In the third floor, there's a lot of robots and abyss bugs wearing party hats, along with a few sods and a couple of civilians. A banner hangs on a wall of the room: "HMRC survivros: 56th reunion party."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: August 03, 2014, 02:11:46 pm »

You know, it's a funny coincidence that I chose mission 5 replay on the ship...

Besides, the UE from mission 5 is only one I think we can call a friend since the team had a friendly race of killing civilians with him.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:15:20 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: August 03, 2014, 04:11:41 pm »

Recruit him!

"Hello Mr. crazy mindcontrolling deathcorpse. We're here to offer you a job."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7944 on: August 03, 2014, 04:20:33 pm »

Recruit him!

"Hello Mr. crazy mindcontrolling deathcorpse. We're here to offer you a job."
Yeah, that's a actually a very good idea. That man... err, corpse obviously has a hard on for messing with dangerous and unstable space magic. And who else is better at messing with dangerous and unstable space magic than the HMRC? I bet he and the doc could be best buds, what with their no-longer-human and experimenting-on-people-without-their-consent shared interests.

EDIT: Although, if he could build those things in the span of a few years... I guess I see now what piecewise means when he says there's gonna be problems if we make the research laws more lax.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:22:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: August 03, 2014, 05:22:31 pm »

Proving weapons on a mission is pretty stupid, as Zako's MBL illustrated wonderfully; Whether or not a weapon is effective on a mission depends on the user's skill, the situations they're put in, and sheer luck.  Besides, we have plenty of resources on Heph to run wargames and such, if the VR can't simulate it well enough.

And yet, my goop launcher, and the termite thrower, were proven effective on their first mission, though that's probably luck. Oh, and before deciding what weapons to use for our npc armies, we should try to get multiple designs and pit them against each other. If it's for players we can put it in the armory once it's proven not to be a pricey death trap, but for mass-producing and giving to allies and sods we should check what is most effective (though some variation, within reason, is worth considering).

I had assumed that future prototypes made by Sword-board people would be sent to Heph for review.

Really? No idea. Could you please get confirmation from pw for that (I'm already bothering about other stuff quite a bit, not gonna stretch my luck  :P ).
I was going to send a 'product review' to Hep once I decided the variable chem thrower was tested well enough. Now that we have Hep though, yeah, I guess the whole prototype thing will need revising.

Cleared version of Mission 2 is open for peer review.

And again, congratulations! A very nice job. If you want Miya to build you something (within reason :3 ) you can ask for it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:38:57 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: August 03, 2014, 06:12:08 pm »

As far as I know about the whole prototyping deal, people on the Sword can design like normal, but instead of Steve/the Armory Master deciding whether it would get put in the armory, they can send it to Hephaestus to be determined if it gets produced. Me and PW didn't discuss it (we did discuss my operating Hephaestus, and some consequences thereof beforehand in PMs, but not that that I can find), but that's the gist I get.

Also, Radio, that was a good idea for how to deal with the scientists that used to do the job us on Hephaestus have to do now.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:16:53 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: August 03, 2014, 06:56:08 pm »

Ah, an attempted speech roll on M15. Targeted at Steve. Because we got jealous of M14.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: August 03, 2014, 09:21:35 pm »

If (when) that speech roll fails, and Steve decides to just glass the whole planet and write it off as a loss, Thaddeus' ghost will figure out a way to come back and strangle yours
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: August 03, 2014, 09:27:36 pm »

On the plus side, if that happens I won't have to enact my plan.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 2205