Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491602 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7950 on: August 03, 2014, 09:56:10 pm »

If (when) that speech roll fails, and Steve decides to just glass the whole planet and write it off as a loss, Thaddeus' ghost will figure out a way to come back and strangle yours
Bring it on! You and Xan will go the way of Magilla and Stan's lower half. Even though my character is in a coma and can no way affect Kedly's poor decision.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: August 03, 2014, 11:40:48 pm »

The situation with Morul is kind of a problematic one. On one hand you have the problem of him being possessed, with no surefire way of immediately telling if he still is. On the other hand, from an OOC perspective, you have the problem that you also don't have any way of effectively disabling whatever possessed Morul without killing him - keeping Morul conscious provides a sliver of a chance of control, whereas the possessing entity actively benefits from Morul being unconscious or even dead, but intact, seeing as it was previously in control of a dead body and its first action when it got hold of Morul's arms was to try and shoot him in the brain.

edit: well, I suppose there is one way. If you extract his braincase, he won't have any sensory capacity to direct attacks with the amp, and obviously won't have any limbs either. It's the only way to be sure, so to speak.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:43:00 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: August 03, 2014, 11:56:42 pm »

...Can't you just disable his components that drive him? His situation still is fixable :P
If the neurological system which drives his actions cannot be stopped--do something in such a way to prevent the utilization of action on his side.

...Did the HMRC research heavily into sedation or disabling technology? Ask Steve!
* Tiruin appraises her stun grenades.
I'm pretty glad I brought these.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: August 04, 2014, 12:29:08 am »

Im eventually gonna get myself a sedation blade.
Was gonna go xanblade, but recently ive been thinking macromist instead.

Anyone have some detailed info on the macromist?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: August 04, 2014, 12:34:39 am »

Does this count?

> Well, Things didn't go quite as expected did they? From what we've been able to tell, the "sharkmist" as you've called it is a macro-structure created by specially genetically engineered microbes. We don't know much about their origins, since you never penetrated the full depths of the mines, but we assume that they were discovered by the miners at some point. The 'disease' they caused is a result of how they were dispersed.

As you can guess, they were airborne, however, outside the mines their concentrations were very low, just whatever the miners tracked in. The reason it seemed to attack the lungs was rather interesting; it is not that the microbes require a host or anything such as that. It was simply that the mircrobes require a specific concentration, a specific mass or number of microbes with it. And since they were scattered, in low concentrations, in the air, the only place where they concentrated  was in the lung linings of the populace. And even then only in small numbers,so their true effects were masked.

Unfortunately by the time you got there their number had multiplied several fold, especially on the lower levels, and "infection" was much easier.

Now, as per what those microbes were for, thats another interesting point. They appear to be designed to build those spires you saw, which we believe are some sort of communications device, broadcasting in some way we're not entirely clear on. However, we do know something about it; Proximity to the signal has an adverse emotional effect on humans. This is clearly not it's original purpose, rather it's just some sort of cosmic coincidence, however it does explain the events of the colony.

We hypothesize that the structure you saw in the mines had existed for a long while before your intrusion, and that it's subtle signals added fuel to an already tense situation. How much of the atrocities committed in that colony were the result of alien interference and how much was simply human nature is up for debate, however.

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: August 04, 2014, 12:53:15 am »

Now that mission 15 guys have contact with Steve, they should send message to Hep for Xan's revival.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: August 04, 2014, 12:54:28 am »

Now that mission 15 guys have contact with Steve, they should send message to Hep for Xan's destruction.
You had a typo there. I fixed it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: August 04, 2014, 03:51:26 am »

Does this count?

> Well, Things didn't go quite as expected did they? From what we've been able to tell, the "sharkmist" as you've called it is a macro-structure created by specially genetically engineered microbes. We don't know much about their origins, since you never penetrated the full depths of the mines, but we assume that they were discovered by the miners at some point. The 'disease' they caused is a result of how they were dispersed.

As you can guess, they were airborne, however, outside the mines their concentrations were very low, just whatever the miners tracked in. The reason it seemed to attack the lungs was rather interesting; it is not that the microbes require a host or anything such as that. It was simply that the mircrobes require a specific concentration, a specific mass or number of microbes with it. And since they were scattered, in low concentrations, in the air, the only place where they concentrated  was in the lung linings of the populace. And even then only in small numbers,so their true effects were masked.

Unfortunately by the time you got there their number had multiplied several fold, especially on the lower levels, and "infection" was much easier.

Now, as per what those microbes were for, thats another interesting point. They appear to be designed to build those spires you saw, which we believe are some sort of communications device, broadcasting in some way we're not entirely clear on. However, we do know something about it; Proximity to the signal has an adverse emotional effect on humans. This is clearly not it's original purpose, rather it's just some sort of cosmic coincidence, however it does explain the events of the colony.

We hypothesize that the structure you saw in the mines had existed for a long while before your intrusion, and that it's subtle signals added fuel to an already tense situation. How much of the atrocities committed in that colony were the result of alien interference and how much was simply human nature is up for debate, however.

Close but no, i was hoping for more technical type data.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: August 04, 2014, 06:00:30 am »

You'll have to ask Steve or R&D, then. As far as I know, that's the most detail we got on the sharkmist. More details may have come up related to Milno, but I don't think there was much, other than the indication that the sharkmist could be influenced by will. (how many of us keep forgetting that despite appearances he's no longer human either? :P )

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: August 04, 2014, 06:11:04 am »

You'll have to ask Steve or R&D, then. As far as I know, that's the most detail we got on the sharkmist. More details may have come up related to Milno, but I don't think there was much, other than the indication that the sharkmist could be influenced by will. (how many of us keep forgetting that despite appearances he's no longer human either? :P )

Milno is at this point something like 30% robot, 50% sharkbadger, and all Bastard. :)

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: August 04, 2014, 09:10:44 am »

He only has a robot arm and some titanium bones in his re-attached leg. Technically he's almost entirely sharkbadger and all Bastard.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: August 04, 2014, 09:12:44 am »

He only has a robot arm and some titanium bones in his re-attached leg. Technically he's almost entirely sharkbadger and all Bastard.

His suit of milnoplate is basically part of him anyway. So he's a lot more robot than that. :P

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: August 04, 2014, 09:53:42 am »

Just how many people from mission 7 or earlier are there left who are are still 100-ish% human?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: August 04, 2014, 10:01:25 am »

Just how many people from mission 7 or earlier are there left who are are still 100-ish% human?

Do I count? I could get out of my suit and be... mostly human.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: August 04, 2014, 10:17:11 am »

Maurice might qualify. Mesk doesn't have any robot parts. Bishop might be fully human.

Do I count? I could get out of my suit and be... mostly human.

You still have the bear trap jaw, though, do you not?

On another note, where have the times gone when Miyamoto was just a random dude who failed catastrophically at cartwheeling across the rec room?
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 2205