Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492735 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7890 on: August 02, 2014, 01:24:54 am »

i wonder what would actually happen if i tried stabbing Feyri right now...

i mean, i have + 1 strength from my body, +1 strength from my suit, and +1 strength with stabbing attacks using my sword...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: August 02, 2014, 01:31:17 am »

Not sure, but it would be entertaining. :))
The mission's gone rather too smoothly so far, after all. Not even an orbital bombardment, jeez!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: August 02, 2014, 01:43:07 am »

i wonder what would actually happen if i tried stabbing Feyri right now...

i mean, i have + 1 strength from my body, +1 strength from my suit, and +1 strength with stabbing attacks using my sword...
Try it, punk. :I
[Insert obligatory crude and crass remarks about you and your heritage]
[/syntax error]

Which would only happen if I had something wrong in my system.
Meanie. :'(

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: August 02, 2014, 01:51:30 am »

Play nice kids. Play nice.

Anyways, realistically speaking, you should only get a +1 to strength, because the limits of the exosuit are still there, regardless of the body using it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: August 02, 2014, 03:07:40 am »

Has Skylar mentioned the second camera, by the way? I think he noticed it while we were being watched.

Derp. I haven't yet. I'll go add some text.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7895 on: August 02, 2014, 07:16:27 am »

Play nice kids. Play nice.

Anyways, realistically speaking, you should only get a +1 to strength, because the limits of the exosuit are still there, regardless of the body using it.
Indeed. I asked Piecewise once if the bonuses of a synthflesh body or a syntharm would stack with a battlesuit and he said they wouldn't. But he'd get the +1 from his stats if he rolled for it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 07:18:46 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: August 02, 2014, 07:33:28 am »

If Steve demands it though, you ain't really got a choice.

But yeah, since we seem to have a Super Competent R&D department on the Sword with lots of experience with alien tech, it'd be strange not to employ their services anymore. On the other hand, it would be fun for the Hep people, and make sense in-universe.

Hmm. Hey PW, would it be too late to retcon (part of) the scientist division having stayed on Hep to solve things like this? Or could we send them back with the next shuttle? They could have more space and facilities to work with as well. If not, what stuff will be handled by Hep people, and what by the Sword's scientists?
I unno. Hep won't have that much to do without stuff coming to them.

I think I have an elegant way of solving this problem, if you are interested.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: August 02, 2014, 07:35:12 am »

Yeah but thats a battlesuit, physical strength has no relevance on something that doesnt strain your muscles.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: August 02, 2014, 08:06:16 am »

But yeah, since we seem to have a Super Competent R&D department on the Sword with lots of experience with alien tech, it'd be strange not to employ their services anymore. On the other hand, it would be fun for the Hep people, and make sense in-universe.

Hmm. Hey PW, would it be too late to retcon (part of) the scientist division having stayed on Hep to solve things like this? Or could we send them back with the next shuttle? They could have more space and facilities to work with as well. If not, what stuff will be handled by Hep people, and what by the Sword's scientists?

Honestly, just give us Heph people a chance to do some work. We have a lot of theoretical advances to do in conventional areas before we have to turn to dissecting alien tech for pastimes.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7899 on: August 02, 2014, 08:13:54 am »

Yeah but thats a battlesuit, physical strength has no relevance on something that doesnt strain your muscles.
Battlesuit=Armoured and slightly larger MK3
MK3=Exoskeleton+Rocket Pods+MK2
Ergo, it's the same thing. An exoskeleton is an exoskeleton. Whether it senses the movements of your arms via control cuffs or feedback sensors, it's the same end result. A computer reads the output of the sensors and sends the appropriate move commands to the appropriate motors. Your muscles do not affect the sensors. Your muscles do not affect the motors.

Honestly, just give us Heph people a chance to do some work. We have a lot of theoretical advances to do in conventional areas before we have to turn to dissecting alien tech for pastimes.
Speaking of doing some work, when are you going to actually give some build orders? You don't even have to stop researching.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: August 02, 2014, 08:33:57 am »

Speaking of doing some work, when are you going to actually give some build orders? You don't even have to stop researching.

We haven't even started researching yet. We've been settling in, dusting off shelves, and shooing giant omnivorous mutant worms out of the cellar. With nukes. Any research we've done so far was mostly idle tinkering about while we do something else or wait for someone else to do something.

Now that we've mostly settled everything, we can start going at it in earnest.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: August 02, 2014, 08:46:24 am »

Ergo, it's the same thing. An exoskeleton is an exoskeleton. Whether it senses the movements of your arms via control cuffs or feedback sensors, it's the same end result. A computer reads the output of the sensors and sends the appropriate move commands to the appropriate motors. Your muscles do not affect the sensors. Your muscles do not affect the motors.
No im pretty sure theres a fairly large difference between a battlesuit and a mk3. Rspecially seeing as your arms dont even reach all the way to the elbow in a battlesuit.
With an exosuit you can strain against the suits limits to push harder, with a battlesuit your straining against a floppy steel log... very non-condusive to lifting shit.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: August 02, 2014, 09:53:01 am »

That's the thing, I think I have a solution that can still let you guys work with this stuff and give a job to the science peeps.

We haven't even started researching yet. We've been settling in, dusting off shelves, and shooing giant omnivorous mutant worms out of the cellar. With nukes. Any research we've done so far was mostly idle tinkering about while we do something else or wait for someone else to do something.

Now that we've mostly settled everything, we can start going at it in earnest.

You could easily start producing right now and have it be useful. Observe:

Quote from: example turn for you. You can copy paste if you want to.
ARESTEVE, I want you to design and build a FTL-capable space freighter for us to ship stuff to the Sword. It should be capable of being retrofitted with stasis pods for transporting sods in the future. Start building half a dozen, using existing production lines. Ready, set, GO!

Any research we've done so far was mostly idle tinkering about while we do something else or wait for someone else to do something.

No offense, but ARM cannot afford to have Hep people waste time with 'idle tinkering' or waiting right now. Trust me on this...

No im pretty sure theres a fairly large difference between a battlesuit and a mk3. Rspecially seeing as your arms dont even reach all the way to the elbow in a battlesuit.
With an exosuit you can strain against the suits limits to push harder, with a battlesuit your straining against a floppy steel log... very non-condusive to lifting shit.

U_P, if you are strong enough that you can push harder than the exoskeleton, you'll just break it if you keep pushing. I don't think it'll actually help you stab or lift much harder.

Imagine I can lift X kilogram. Now I wear an exoskeleton that can lift Y (=X+A) kg. Now I get inside a crane that can lift Z (=Y+B or X+C) kg. If the crane is designed well enough, it won't matter if I wear the exosuit or not.

Of course, if the crane lifts harder if I push the control stick harder, and a normal human can't push the stick to it's maximum, then the exosuit would help. But that would be an exceptionally badly designed crane, and I'd still be limited to the max lifting of the crane. And both your exosuit and the synthflesh are limited to +1 strength.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 10:02:12 am by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7903 on: August 02, 2014, 10:05:39 am »

Go for it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: August 02, 2014, 11:25:08 am »

@U_P
Amusingly, Feyri's as strong as you.  Whereas you need synthflesh to get a str stat high enough to be useful, she's just naturally that strong- even before she got botted.

All she's missing is an exceptionally crafted sword, and I'm sure Jim could and would make her something far more badass than your dinky sword.

You do have the benefit of vastly more dex than her, but she has much more manueverable flight, and much, much, more dakka.

Other interesting things: assuming their robobodies are the same heights as their original heights, Auron has sixteen inches on Feyri.  And back when they were both flesh, she could have snapped his arm with one hand.  She's also twelve years younger than him.

Overall, they're surprisingly evenly matched.  I'd enjoy seeing a fight between them go down.

...How does Auron have 48 stat points if he's only survived three missions?

@Radio/Paris

I, personally, have not been idly tinkering.  I've been frantically trying to finish a design for a new infantry weapon so that it's already in production by the time we need to ship it out, and was the guy who got the sods up and running.

I will admit that I could have done more, since most production orders are so simple.  For the most part, I either didn't think of trying it (exponentially increasing production capacity) or assumed someone else would do it (ship stuff).
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 2205