Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496309 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6225 on: June 17, 2014, 06:01:51 pm »

'Alright, can you guys hear me?"
Hmm, can we hear him?

How far away was our team's APC? Should we move it closer to the restaurant? I'm probably going to start loading the wounded/semi-dead into it soon.

One of the last things Hasala did was have the APC move up right next to the diner. I was going to have it park partially inside the doors, if they were big enough, so combined with the closed window blinds the diner front was at least moderately defensible and we weren't cut off from the APC. Of course, the turn after the APC moved up, Lerman went on his machinegun spree...

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: June 17, 2014, 06:14:28 pm »

Considering you're the target of an orbital bombardment, yeah, I'd say you were dead. Even if you survived the overload, I don't think you'd be able to make it to a safe distance in what's left of your shattered body.
Well, I still want to check. Kind of just because, and also kinda because if Denzel did somehow manage to survive the overload, he may end up in a form that could survive bombardment.

But I'm mainly checking to see if there's a chance.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: June 17, 2014, 06:32:04 pm »

One of the last things Hasala did was have the APC move up right next to the diner. I was going to have it park partially inside the doors, if they were big enough, so combined with the closed window blinds the diner front was at least moderately defensible and we weren't cut off from the APC. Of course, the turn after the APC moved up, Lerman went on his machinegun spree...
Oh, that would actually probably help a lot when the cops show up. I expect the teamkilling would have been the same either way. Come to think of it, someone should probably barracade the back door too.

Did D'usse just succeed on a defensive will roll? Just noticed that might be what the bleeding nose is about.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: June 17, 2014, 06:35:56 pm »

I can't say I'm entirely surprised, but eternal optimist that I am I was still thinking they could get out of this without nuking it from orbit.

Other missions looking positively glowing by comparison.

Then again, this was the eventual resolution of three separate longstanding problems. Timmy Tear, Stacy, and Xan were all known to be unstable nightmares waiting to happen, though at least in Xan's case we assumed a decomp would solve most of his direct issues.

I don't know why but I think mission 14 is slowly becoming more and more like anime. But not one anime, it's like two or three anime were violently and bloodily ripped apart and then sewn together into it's current form. And it's hilarious.
Doesn't look like any anime I'm directly familiar with, but I'm sure there's some horror supernatural detective thing this resembles pretty closely. Complete with half the team being faceless gun-wielding mooks who get taken out for really poorly explained reasons, an OP IMPOSSIBLE-COULDN'T-EVEN-SEE-HER-MOVE martial arts chick, a paranoid veteran insisting on going in alone, and generally wild power and character development disparities!

Oh, that would actually probably help a lot when the cops show up. I expect the teamkilling would have been the same either way. Come to think of it, someone should probably barracade the back door too.
Dunno how much we'll be using the APC, to be honest. I get the feeling me and Pancaek are just going to go apeshit melee on their cute can delivery systems. Or just Pancaek flipping them around from a distance using his mass manip amp.

Did D'usse just succeed on a defensive will roll? Just noticed that might be what the bleeding nose is about.
Pretty sure it's just an anime reference. Did occur just after mentioning the sleepover in a very anime filled rant, after all.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: June 17, 2014, 06:50:08 pm »

Yttra for one will be using the APC to cower in / escape >.>

Guess i need to watch more anime because i don't get it :) oh well

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: June 17, 2014, 07:17:06 pm »

No way, I called cower dibs!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: June 17, 2014, 07:25:00 pm »

There's plenty of room for you all to cower there.

((PW writing about gangster catgirls is the best thing ever. I demand a new forum game.))

Don't give him ideas!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6233 on: June 17, 2014, 07:39:07 pm »

Steve told me not to fire towards the planet because they might think we're conducting some sort of anaemic orbital bombardment...
Well, it certainly won't be anaemic now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: June 17, 2014, 07:41:33 pm »

"You call that orbital bombardment?  THIS is orbital bombardment."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: June 17, 2014, 08:25:59 pm »

Yttra for one will be using the APC to cower in / escape >.>
No way, I called cower dibs!

*sings* Ler-man and Y-ttra in an A-P-C, K-I-S-S-I-N-G... ♪
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: June 17, 2014, 08:36:03 pm »

Pretty sure it's just an anime reference. Did occur just after mentioning the sleepover in a very anime filled rant, after all.

I concur with Irony, it was a sleep-over, plus apparently the everyone's pants are coming down as well. How's an impressionable catgirl supposed to act? Couple the fact that she's a belligerent excitable thug and nosebleeds away.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: June 17, 2014, 09:01:43 pm »

So, I've been trying to come up with some tropes to describe the current clusterfuck that is Mission 15 to put on the TV Tropes page. I so far have Nice Job Breaking it Hero(for a given definition of hero, at any rate) for Xan's attempt to grow stacy a body, Gone Horribly Right for the same, and Colony Drop for the response. Anything else you guys can think of?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: June 17, 2014, 09:05:23 pm »

I don't know many tropes, but I want something flattering for Jobasio.
I saved yer asses, after all! Well, hopefully. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 2205