Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494468 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5700 on: June 07, 2014, 07:32:31 am »

You should be appreciative of being in a timezone that lets you skip incidents such as these. I know I am!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5701 on: June 07, 2014, 07:38:22 am »

Yeah, but I missed a great opportunity to quote "And justice for all".

"THIS WHOLE THREAD IS OUT OF ORDER!"

Yeah, now that I think about it, it's probably a good thing I wasn't here for this.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: June 07, 2014, 09:26:16 am »

If the latter, how do hospitals function?  IIRC decompensators require space magic.
Dynamic bonuses.
Dynamic bonues only go to +/-1, sadly.
That means, if doctors have a profession bonus of +1, they have a 17% chance of overshooting and 'accidentally' removing organs.  I'm pretty sure there's less than a 17% rate of malpractice IRL.

You should be appreciative of being in a timezone that lets you skip incidents such as these. I know I am!

...And only now do I realize Paris does not live in Texas.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: June 07, 2014, 09:41:40 am »

Man, after catching up on the Cultist Mission, I am SO GLAD I didn't get picked for it xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: June 07, 2014, 09:55:03 am »

If the latter, how do hospitals function?  IIRC decompensators require space magic.
Dynamic bonuses.
Dynamic bonues only go to +/-1, sadly.
That means, if doctors have a profession bonus of +1, they have a 17% chance of overshooting and 'accidentally' removing organs.  I'm pretty sure there's less than a 17% rate of malpractice IRL.
This is why surgeons work in teams.
One to operate, one to pass tools and one to say "hold the fuck up, this guy only needs two eyes."

Man, after catching up on the Cultist Mission, I am SO GLAD I didn't get picked for it xD
Im still gonna volunteer for backup squad but i see where your coming from, im not sure if even Auron could have survived that unscathed despite his riot shield and armored exosuit.
Props to smurf. when he fails hard, he fails HARD.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5705 on: June 07, 2014, 10:19:01 am »

What are y'all talking about? I AM from the Lone Star state.
Why, every day I put on my cowboy hat, get on my horse, catch some cattle with my lasso and then bathe in oil fresh from the oil well while listening to country music.
Just the other day I rode a wild bronco in the rodeo with my good friend Chuck Norris. Then we went around in our huge jeeps and pick up trucks and had beers and shot stuff and then sat at my front porch to relax.
*spits tobacco* Get the hell off my property!
Yeehaw! *shoots in the air* One,two,three,four.
*other Texan stereotypes I've picked up from movies and from the Simpsons*

Note to prevent arguments: I actually do not live in Texas. I meant no offence to anyone with any of this. I know Texans aren't like that, I'm just joking.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: June 07, 2014, 10:21:16 am »

I think people are exaggerating how much damage Lerman did. There are only two dead, and a couple broken arms.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: June 07, 2014, 10:32:08 am »

I think it's understandable to wonder why your teammate suddenly became an albeist slur.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: June 07, 2014, 10:43:04 am »

I think people are exaggerating how much damage Lerman did. There are only two dead, and a couple broken arms.
Its not the number of dead that matters so much as the manner and level of force that was used to kill them.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: June 07, 2014, 11:13:29 am »

Some may say that religion doesn't do that. Some would say that kids shows do that.
Except there is the matter of intent. A religion is meant to provide those answers, it is not in the fundamental purpose of MLP to do much aside from marketing merchandise in a relatively child-friendly manner.
You could make many arguments that religion's "purpose" is something different (I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that religious people would probably be offended by most of them), or that the makers of children's shows want to teach children lessons with money-making on the side. Intent is difficult if not impossible to discern, and it's typically a pretty poor place for comparing any two things.

One mention of ponies and now we got people comparing it to religion in the timespan of a few hours. I'm sorry I had to bring it up, and now y'all gotta' go here.
Consider it punishment for bringing up ponies, the nature of Bay12, or both.

On a different note, both fandoms and religion is really creepy objectively.
Only the really dedicated ones. It your religion or your fandom is as much a part of your life as what kind of car you drive, alright. It's when you start making it a core part of your person or your society that things go downhill...

It is a subjective matter, not an objective matter.
Choosing to be a member of a religion or a fandom is subjective; saying one is better than another, or none, is subjective; analyzing how it affects your life and such can be objective.

Its not so much about the subject matter (or at least it isn't to most in this specific instance) but the people. Not all the people, but rather that one small sub-sect found in every community of sufficient size that is colloquially known as the "loud asshats". The anger spills over, because people tend to group others by affiliation than by personal merit sadly.
No matter what group, you can point to people who everyone else in said group tries to forget exist, yet are judged of because of them.
Probably pretty accurate. It's like what I said above; keep it a minor part of who you are, and it's fine, but make it a central part of your life, preach about it all the time, and try to convert others and we've got a problem.
It's really starting to sound like a religion now.

I don't get why there's all this unwarranted (and as a better term, useless) hate. :v
Maybe clarify the hate, haters. Maybe its what they do that acts as a magnet for [your] hate.
But hate the people? Really? There's a huge difference between attitude and the person.
Bad thing is, its a subtle line.
Especially with some people. Man, that point I made once it really coming up a lot. I guess it summarizes my opinion on religion/fandom pretty well.
I wonder what it means that I can't think of much inherent difference between fandoms and religions.

Whenever one attempts to trivialize such points in order to...well, let's say demonize them, they should look at their context first and how its interpreted before judging it as an entirety.
Well, my problem with this kind of argument is that, with the right interpretation and by taking just the right context, you can find justifications for any kind of action or belief in something as large as the Bible, and any questionable passages can be safely discounted. Take it at face value or don't take it at all.

And by that, I mean how your logic works in that one statement, GWG.
Which statement? I've made a lot of them. Probably safe to say that you're not referring to any of them in this post, but still.

What are y'all talking about? I AM from the Lone Star state.
Why, every day I put on my cowboy hat, get on my horse, catch some cattle with my lasso and then bathe in oil fresh from the oil well while listening to country music.
Just the other day I rode a wild bronco in the rodeo with my good friend Chuck Norris. Then we went around in our huge jeeps and pick up trucks and had beers and shot stuff and then sat at my front porch to relax.
*spits tobacco* Get the hell off my property!
Yeehaw! *shoots in the air* One,two,three,four.
*other Texan stereotypes I've picked up from movies and from the Simpsons*

Note to prevent arguments: I actually do not live in Texas. I meant no offence to anyone with any of this. I know Texans aren't like that, I'm just joking.
Really! I thought that your list of "Texan stereotypes [you]'ve picked up from movies and from the Simpsons" was supposed to be an accurate explanation of how you see Texans!
I mean, I know Poe's Law is a thing, but if someone can't figure out that that's non-serious they deserve to be ridiculed for that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: June 07, 2014, 11:18:56 am »

What's really odd is unless the area is a common setting for movies or near you, you never really know about stereotypes. Like, I'm sure a Canadian would know stereotypes about areas of Canada but I doubt they know the subtle differences in southerner stereotypes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: June 07, 2014, 11:24:20 am »

Why is that odd? You know what you know, and not many schools include Common Stereotype classes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: June 07, 2014, 11:25:27 am »

I'd sign up for that. I would be the president of the common stereotype club.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: June 07, 2014, 10:04:42 pm »

Speaking as someone from South Carolina, there are certainly distinct cultural separations down here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: June 07, 2014, 10:17:24 pm »

Speaking as someone from South Carolina, there are certainly distinct cultural separations down here.
+1. I mean, you've gotta have a reason to make snarky comments about the people in bordering states, right?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 2205