Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493612 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5310 on: May 31, 2014, 04:24:50 pm »

Time to test out my body growing capabilities.

I'm kinda confused as how I could apparently survive that longass fall Alex Mercer style, but I'm not complaining :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5311 on: May 31, 2014, 04:29:45 pm »

I'm kinda confused as how I could apparently survive that longass fall Alex Mercer style, but I'm not complaining :P
Turn yourself liquid, absorb fall like those Splat Balls? Alternatively, turn yourself bouncy and bounce all over the place like those Bouncy Balls?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 04:32:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: May 31, 2014, 04:31:19 pm »

Turn yourself liquid, absorb fall like those Splat Balls? Alternatively, turn yourself bouncy and bounce all over the place like those Bounccy Balls?
Oh wait, it was because I augmented my arms and legs at the very start of the mission when I was changing into my Mk. I. I remember now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: May 31, 2014, 04:41:58 pm »

The language is a bit more complex then simply cutting words it seems. Use of proper nouns seems to indicate respect; High ranking people are never referred to as "He" or "She" or "They", but always by their name and, in extreme cases, their entire title as well. Likewise, it seems that using your own name when with someone of higher rank is seen as rude or presumptuous.  In fact, it seems like equals refer to each other and themselves by pronouns unless they're friends or more intimately involved.
Huh. More simplifications. Who guessed that pieceiwse was just wanting to make us speak dumb?

"... Well, it probably would have been more subtle to just ram the APC in..."
Kyle says watching the scene with a look of near awe.
Wow. This guy really isn't the RotMG-Kyle. Making snarky comments instead of being the butt of them?

"So uh... everyone alright? Do try not to do that again. Let me know if you need the APC moved closer, or anything. "
Jobasio speaks through the comms, watching proceedings from the driver's seat.

Grab a cold one from the APC's built-in bar fridge, sit back and relax. Oh, and uh, keep an eye on things. Yeah.
Rummage about between the seats for a convenient music cassette or equivalent, left there by a previous owner.
what.

what.
+1

((Wait, I could jump down the whole length of it without trouble? How?))
By channeling Alex Mercer?

I dunno, somehow i think its far more likely that youll be forced to build your own ant farm.
You have shown a marked dislike to me and my ideas in the past. Pyro has been much more supportive, however low the bar for that may be. I don't think you're the best judge of what will be approved or disapproved.

Also no stealing my ideas.
It was an example.

Yeah but if you get bitten and die you forget everything again including what you were doing and why.
Grate had the pill machine before being squashed. Besides, if people would friggin' post, it wouldn't take too long to get things back on track. Not to mention that the chance of venomous snake attack mid-experiment is pretty much zilch.

On the rtd-out-of-control: what are the plans for the gm? Will you have 1 gm? Will the players govern themselves again? A rotating set of gm's? A few people that only step in when things go out of hand? A permanent team of gm's?
I suspect that the single, active GM or something like that would be best. Heck if I know what's going to happen.

No, do it once, let the word spread, then drop regular pills with sugar that look exactly the same. Just to screw with their heads.
No, sabotage UWM shipments of stuff with manipulator pills. Or maybe things that would let the news get out.
Say, if the UWM is shipping food to colonies with ARM sympathies to try and get them to their side, we can lace the supplies with poison to make it look like the UWM is trying to poison potential allies of ours. Boom! Instant PR.

*slides in on butt*

Hijack?
Will you be an effective GM and not drop out after a month when the burden's too much?

Logically, shouldn't the strength requirements for weapons be reduced in low gravity and eliminated in zero gravity environments?
Depends on the weapon, but for most it would be more from inertia or recoil than from weight.

Almost 24 hours and no other posts for Hephaestus? Huh. Turn soon I'm hoping?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: May 31, 2014, 05:20:42 pm »

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. So much for 'Miyamoto's apprentice'.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: May 31, 2014, 05:27:12 pm »

There there, we all get mistaken for serial killers now and then.

Plus I got to use the phrase "you and you-like behaviors," which cracks me up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5316 on: May 31, 2014, 05:58:45 pm »

There there, we all get mistaken for serial killers now and then.

Plus I got to use the phrase "you and you-like behaviors," which cracks me up.
Wait, why is that their fault? Lerman's the one that overshot/got mind controlled/whatever. Or are you talking about approaching the dinner?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: May 31, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »

Wait, who's Miyamoto's apprentice?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: May 31, 2014, 06:37:17 pm »

Stacy is going to make an excellent singing camera this mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: May 31, 2014, 06:38:26 pm »

Wait, who's Miyamoto's apprentice?
Context starts here.
Basically Miyamoto noticed Hasala taking initiative last mission, gave him the goop thrower to test, and said he'd be watching him to see how he might handle future leadership roles.

Going by what Miyamoto specified he was looking for here, i don't think Hasala has actually messed up yet. He'll probably be graded on his final report ;).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:49:56 pm by yobbo »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: May 31, 2014, 06:42:08 pm »

I dunno, somehow i think its far more likely that youll be forced to build your own ant farm.
You have shown a marked dislike to me and my ideas in the past. Pyro has been much more supportive, however low the bar for that may be. I don't think you're the best judge of what will be approved or disapproved.

Also no stealing my ideas.
It was an example.

Yeah but if you get bitten and die you forget everything again including what you were doing and why.
Grate had the pill machine before being squashed. Besides, if people would friggin' post, it wouldn't take too long to get things back on track. Not to mention that the chance of venomous snake attack mid-experiment is pretty much zilch.
Its not like you havent shown marked dislike for my ideas either, not fun being on the recieving end is it?
Regardless i didnt post that for petty vengeance, i was making the point that you have already established the availability of the little furry beetle ant things. Its far more likely that a collection and breeding plan will take place rather than wasting the flesh pits production capacity by growing defective sods on purpose.

Youll remember the machine exists but not that you were using it, where it is, or what any of the pills you made do.
And i was meaning youd get bitten by the snake whilst collecting the furry whhamacallits.
Also mutating could make the test subjects angry, theres always tge chance of them breaking loose and injuring someone or worse.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: May 31, 2014, 07:43:33 pm »

Its not like you havent shown marked dislike for my ideas either, not fun being on the recieving end is it?
First off, you're not the only one who disagrees with me. Second off, I don't actually care. Third off, congratulations on missing the point!

Regardless i didnt post that for petty vengeance, i was making the point that you have already established the availability of the little furry beetle ant things. Its far more likely that a collection and breeding plan will take place rather than wasting the flesh pits production capacity by growing defective sods on purpose.
For the first point: I wasn't saying that you were intentionally being vengeful, just that you're initially more hostile to my ideas. For the second: We know they exist, but we don't know how appropriate of test subjects they'll be, so I'm planning for the contingencies that they aren't.

Youll remember the machine exists but not that you were using it, where it is, or what any of the pills you made do.
Well it's a good thing that we've got computers and other people.

And i was meaning youd get bitten by the snake whilst collecting the furry whhamacallits.
So? Again, I'd be reminded of what I was doing.

Also mutating could make the test subjects angry, theres always tge chance of them breaking loose and injuring someone or worse.
Mindless sod-like beings aren't very good at getting angry, and ones with basically no musculature or whatever past what's needed to walk about are bad at breaking loose.
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: May 31, 2014, 07:46:17 pm »

Wait, why is that their fault? Lerman's the one that overshot/got mind controlled/whatever. Or are you talking about approaching the dinner?
Approaching the diner and then flash banging it are the two most obvious causes of Probable ProblemsTM. Beating the already-blinded people into unconsciousness was unnecessary and probably a poor idea, but relatively benign; his original plan probably would have been worse, but didn't really show through.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: May 31, 2014, 07:49:00 pm »

I honestly have the worst rolls. Shell on bunker? Limbs blown off. Trying to operate a giant robot arm? Get slung into a wall. Trying to scare off civvies? Flashbang'd them all.

Prolly doesn't help my Willpower is 0.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:53:50 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: May 31, 2014, 07:49:26 pm »

Random: Having finished the Marik's Evil Council videos, I think I've watched all Yugioh: The Abridged Series-related videos yet created.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 2205