Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493640 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5295 on: May 31, 2014, 01:11:10 am »

If my first step works, I'll have no shortage of test subjects...and you can't stop the first step. Bwa ha ha...BWA HA HA!

My intended first step involves either finding an appropriate guinea pig or else developing a cheap, sod-like homunculus for such a purpose.

Damnit GWG! You've sucked me into another tvtropes binge! I'm three seconds into the first page and I've already opened three tabs >.>
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: May 31, 2014, 02:07:29 am »

On the rtd-out-of-control: what are the plans for the gm? Will you have 1 gm? Will the players govern themselves again? A rotating set of gm's? A few people that only step in when things go out of hand? A permanent team of gm's?

Well that's interesting, but I'm not sure how good a deranged jester Faith would make.
Oh, I'm pretty sure Faith would make a great deranged... Jester was it?
Whatever, I'm sure Faith can be pretty deranged.  :P

Actually, can we do the sweets-pills thing? It'd be funny as hell.

No, do it once, let the word spread, then drop regular pills with sugar that look exactly the same. Just to screw with their heads.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: May 31, 2014, 02:20:49 am »

Not actually an RTD. It the Rise of the Magic Girls in the general forum games and roll playing board.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: May 31, 2014, 02:22:26 am »

On the rtd-out-of-control: what are the plans for the gm? Will you have 1 gm? Will the players govern themselves again? A rotating set of gm's? A few people that only step in when things go out of hand? A permanent team of gm's?
If it gets to the latter points, it's probably best to just drop it entirely, lock the threads and be done with the matter.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: May 31, 2014, 02:41:44 am »

Not actually an RTD. It the Rise of the Magic Girls in the general forum games and roll playing board.
Eh, whatever. The question still stands.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: May 31, 2014, 02:43:29 am »

Probably going with a singular GM again. Probably a new one though since the old one said he wanted to do another game.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: May 31, 2014, 02:43:38 am »

They have no plans. They're currently hoping that resetting or fast forwarding the setting will magically make everything better somehow.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: May 31, 2014, 02:46:51 am »

And they're planning on revising the rules and removing some of the problems that player power caused.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: May 31, 2014, 03:04:55 am »

*slides in on butt*

Hijack?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: May 31, 2014, 04:22:40 am »

I don't think you'd want to, but I don't think anyone would oppose that option either...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: May 31, 2014, 05:27:50 am »

They have no plans. They're currently hoping that resetting or fast forwarding the setting will magically make everything better somehow.
And they're planning on revising the rules and removing some of the problems that player power caused.

Yeah, if you wanna ensure this thing will stay alive for a long time, you better do it right. Better to put it on hiatus for a week or so while you discuss how to continue, instead of half assing it and facing the same problems in a few months. Maybe create a quick-topic for it, and lock the thread in the meantime. Then, once everything is set up, let there be a few more turns to wrap things up.

And I'd advise you have at least 1 or two 'reserve' gm's, in case he new one also disappears/loses interest. And I'd say not to let old characters in. Maybe as npc's or something, but not for the players. Or if they really want a connection, let them be their children or long lost sister or something.

This is so you can really start from a blank slate, and avoid power creep from earlier established characters or something.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: May 31, 2014, 06:56:00 am »

Just finished reading mission 1. Mission 2 is the one where almost everyone died right? =P Kedly proceeds to catch up on ER SO EXCITED!

Edit: Apparently not as excited as Jim... erm.... that's a creepy joke  :-[
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:39:01 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: May 31, 2014, 04:11:32 pm »

Logically, shouldn't the strength requirements for weapons be reduced in low gravity and eliminated in zero gravity environments?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: May 31, 2014, 04:12:41 pm »

@Kedly: I thought that was Elisaz, not Jim who was being 'excited' at the end of Mission 2. Oh, wait, you're referring to when I was trolling Piecewise. XD I remember that now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5309 on: May 31, 2014, 04:22:21 pm »

Logically, shouldn't the strength requirements for weapons be reduced in low gravity and eliminated in zero gravity environments?
But what if that strength requirement also counts recoil? Because, for example, the HEP is a bit bigger than a radar gun, sso holding it up really isn't much of a problem, yet it has an STR requirement. So I think it means that if you fire it and lack the strength to counter the recoil, you might end up being pushed back or hitting melting yourself in the head.

In other news, Milno will be the first HMRC member to complete ten missions if he finishes this one. Two more successes and he can say he has successfully completed 10 missions.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 2205