Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491727 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5100 on: May 29, 2014, 03:28:45 am »

I wonder if it would be a good idea to aim the heat ray directly below where I am falling, so that I might fall in a pool of water instead of onto ice

Better try and land on one of the shattered and partially melted blocks of ice - be softer that way.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5101 on: May 29, 2014, 03:33:09 am »

Hey, Xan, use your amp to heat up the area below them to a ridiculous degree. That will cause an updraft and make them land safely.
There's no way that can go wrong.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: May 29, 2014, 03:34:53 am »

Hey, Xan, use your amp to heat up the area below them to a ridiculous degree. That will cause an updraft and make them land safely.
There's no way that can go wrong.
That certainly doesn't sound like a recipe for an overload.
If I were to try, though, I'd use my telekinesis amp and 'accidentally' fling them into the stratosphere.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: May 29, 2014, 03:36:24 am »

I wonder if Stacy can use the HEP to sort of make a ramp for himself to land on. Y'know, fire at the floor when he's almost at the bottom, and curve the shot upward so that the beam carves a curved surface rather than ending abruptly in a wall.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: May 29, 2014, 03:37:41 am »

I wonder if Stacy can use the HEP to sort of make a ramp for himself to land on. Y'know, fire at the floor when he's almost at the bottom, and curve the shot upward so that the beam carves a curved surface rather than ending abruptly in a wall.
That seems like it'd work about as well as the time Ivan tried to slow his fall from an elevator by shooting the ground with his gauss rifle.
Sig! Onol

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: May 29, 2014, 03:37:50 am »

Because all these free-falling people firing their space magicks around totally can't make the situation any worse. :P
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:39:29 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: May 29, 2014, 03:40:05 am »

That seems like it'd work about as well as the time Ivan tried to slow his fall from an elevator by shooting the ground with his gauss rifle.
The principle is different. And at least this time there's no projectile, and Stacy has nobody else falling in front of him.

Also, Xan could morph into a parachute.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:43:31 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: May 29, 2014, 03:48:21 am »

That was actually kinda what I was thinking of.
I want a suit like that, actually. Something that could fit me no matter what form I assumed, could stretch to a reasonable size, and provide ample protection.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: May 29, 2014, 03:53:04 am »

It takes a minute for the HEP to recharge, and if we're going to fall for more than a minute, I don't think that's going to help exactly. Especially if I hit alien artifacts with it.

Also, I think we can all take a moment to thank every one of our lucky stars that piecewise doesn't seem willing to ever apply the melee +1 or short range +3 that the HEP inherently has.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:02:10 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5109 on: May 29, 2014, 03:54:38 am »

Or failing that, it will melt the ground and make him be both dead and embedded in the molten, now rapidly freezing, ground.

Also, Beirus is using his character's Shackle while falling. This is going to be fun.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: May 29, 2014, 05:42:25 am »

.......PW, did you miss my action o rsomething?
I figured your character might wanna do something else then test out a dangerous artifact when half the team just fell in a pit.
NEVER

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: May 29, 2014, 05:44:01 am »

.......PW, did you miss my action o rsomething?
I figured your character might wanna do something else then test out a dangerous artifact when half the team just fell in a pit.
NEVER
Magilla's not going to let a trivial thing like half the team falling into an endless pit get in the way of pressing buttons in the name of science!
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: May 29, 2014, 05:57:59 am »

If his weapon reloads fast enough, he should just keep shooting down and tunnel through the planet.
Straight through the core!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5113 on: May 29, 2014, 06:11:02 am »

If his weapon reloads fast enough, he should just keep shooting down and tunnel through the planet.
HEP is 1 shot per minute, so I doubt that. Would be fun though.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: May 29, 2014, 06:13:29 am »

HEP is 1 shot per minute, so I doubt that. Would be fun though.

I know, it was a joke. He would either hit rock (something the laser couldn't melt as well, so he'd be splattered) or ocean (still quite the impact, and the seawater would probably wreck his damaged robobody).

EDIT: also, a big 'thank you' to the people that still take the time and effort to keep the wiki updated. The new character table is great, and the updated inventories with mission stuff is very convenient.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:17:30 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 2205