Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491717 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5025 on: May 28, 2014, 11:52:46 am »

Haha, silly piecewise. As if ER ever had true happiness.

And yeah, things go downhill in that show. Goddamn werid superweapons.

"Things go downhill" is a bit of an understatement. Thats like saying that "Some people got hurt" about WWII.

You do know how much I like understatements.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: May 28, 2014, 12:12:40 pm »

So I've been kicking this idea around for a while (read: a day or two) and it came up on the plug.dj channel, so I figured I'd make a post here.  I was thinking of recording a theme song of sorts for ER, either covering an existing song or writing a new one.  I can't really play keys that well and I can't write lyrics to save my life but I'm a decent composer and bassist, so if there's enough interest I'd love for other people to get in on this and contribute to the song.  Are there any musicians or songwriters playing?

Well, I can sing along to songs fast and still kind of retain a tune.  Them means basically nothing and is an insult to anyone who can actually sing, but it's probably good enough considering how far this project will moat likely go. >.>

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5027 on: May 28, 2014, 12:36:51 pm »

((L3 may not be stable, but a station can still be parked there with some minor stationkeeping required. And it's the furthest from the planet - not that it'll help much, if Steve's estimate on the containment breach of the artifact from mission 4 is any indication.))

((We could put it in L4 or L5 of a different planet, since I recall there was one or two other planets besides Hephaestus in the system. That'll put it further. Still screwed, from the description, but hey - distance is distance.))
((If you're lucky, you might have found some sort of alien artifact that allows you to survive if you have enough warning by the time you get it up and running.))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: May 28, 2014, 03:04:38 pm »

.......PW, did you miss my action o rsomething?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: May 28, 2014, 03:05:12 pm »

Oh, Stacy.  Never change.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: May 28, 2014, 03:05:22 pm »

As in "quality" or as in "things suck for the characters"?

((It needs to be shielded from everything, including gravity. Less gravity around = less chance of catastrophic failure should something go wrong. Not much less, but still. Plus "no sentient beings around" is kind of easier enforced out in space.))
Orbiting another planet, then.
Well, first off, it was only a couple kilometers needed. Second off, are there even any other inhabited planets in this system?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: May 28, 2014, 03:07:16 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: May 28, 2014, 03:09:38 pm »

As in "quality" or as in "things suck for the characters"?

Going from pw's response, what do you think?

Also, I really do hope Miya never finds out what Stacy did. Or he's confiscating everything more dangerous than a spoon he has on his person.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: May 28, 2014, 03:11:32 pm »

I'm kinda glad I didn't go with C now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: May 28, 2014, 03:12:32 pm »

What, this?
"Things go downhill" is a bit of an understatement. Thats like saying that "Some people got hurt" about WWII.
That just tells me that however things went downhill, they went downhill a lot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: May 28, 2014, 03:14:24 pm »

Like I said...

Miya, Xan, Stacy, and Flint?  C is going to be the party mission.  I take it Xan and Stacy, not satisfied with demolishing just a capital city, are aiming to wipe clean a planet by melting the polar ice caps?

Hey PW:  This makes me think of a question about your methodology.   Do you look at the potential outcomes of a roll like that and think "Okay, five makes a nice neat tunnel, six drops himself in a hole, seven drops half the group in a hole" or roll the die, see the result, and then come up with the result?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: May 28, 2014, 03:19:43 pm »

Hey, it happens sometimes. Just quote yourself and put "you missed me" as your action. Or write a new one.

What, this?

True, but really look at that exact example he used, and take into account the earlier context. I think that makes it clear?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5037 on: May 28, 2014, 03:25:43 pm »

"SCIENCE TIME"
Get out of the APC, walk away from everyone else, though try to keep them or anything else near them in sight. Then press the button on the cuff machine thing I got.
MISSED ME OH GREAT AND MIGHTY GM, GOD OF GAMES AND DEATH
Probably doesn't want to deal with two major disasters at the same time. That would be a new record.
We've never had two major disasters at the same time before, right? We got two on the same mission but not at the same time I think.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: May 28, 2014, 03:45:03 pm »

This reminds me of mission 3.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5039 on: May 28, 2014, 04:05:52 pm »

I figured your character might wanna do something else then test out a dangerous artifact when half the team just fell in a pit.

Like I said...

Miya, Xan, Stacy, and Flint?  C is going to be the party mission.  I take it Xan and Stacy, not satisfied with demolishing just a capital city, are aiming to wipe clean a planet by melting the polar ice caps?

Hey PW:  This makes me think of a question about your methodology.   Do you look at the potential outcomes of a roll like that and think "Okay, five makes a nice neat tunnel, six drops himself in a hole, seven drops half the group in a hole" or roll the die, see the result, and then come up with the result?
I let the rolls and their interactions guide it. I don't set up options before hand because that would make interactions of rolls more difficult to handle.

What, this?
Down hill in terms of Things went from bad, to worse, to eternal suffering in terms of the situation for the characters.  Story stayed about level in quality the whole way.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 2205